Lupin VS Pat 28 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 28 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

scot64 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:57 pm Just watched the ep.... I can hear blue say something at 00:19:49 (hard to miss his voice) but not sure what it was
Too much background noise and other stuff going on so I couldn't make it out. Probably nothing important
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sounds like he's saying sugoi/amazing

Edit:
0:23:14.86 - 0:23:17.86 (グッドストライカー)何やってんだよ。(透真)フッ… 素直か。

Looks like he's saying sunao ka / He's just going to roll with it?
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

At the 15:16 mark, where they introduce the new VS vehicle, we see/hear the words "Magic 0-2-9".

Anyone know of any MagiRanger? The 29th Super Sentai series was..... Mahou Sentai MagiRanger.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

And this is also episode 29! No wait, it's not, a shame. That's still clever trivia, I like it.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

How come 0-2-9 is pronounced as Ma-Jik-ku? I understand Magiranger being the 29th series of Super Sentai but how come the numbers itself for the dial was pronounced as Magic?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Judging how Keiichiro is pretty calm about Noel assisting the Lupins more is fishy to me. i think off camera Tsukasa and Keiichiro are exchanging notes on what they observe letting Sakuya be out of the loop as he's too impulsive. As for Tsukasa being 3, she's cooler and throwing up that thumbs up peace sign works for her.

But is it weird that Noel isnt using the new VS vehicle? he cant launch them on his own, so why make more for himself? On that note: i was somewhat under the impression that the pre-Noel Dial Fighters were made by Arsene, and the trigger Machines were Noel's doing. Then Magic which we know Noel made, has a dark blue dial instead of black like the rest. my original assumption was that noel could only make trigger machines, or that dial fighters were harder for him to make since he didnt have Arsene's notes (or whatever) to work with on how to make them. But perhaps the secret laid within goodstriker who seems to have both trigger and dial.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

hiro9796 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 am How come 0-2-9 is pronounced as Ma-Jik-ku? I understand Magiranger being the 29th series of Super Sentai but how come the numbers itself for the dial was pronounced as Magic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_wordplay
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 am
hiro9796 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 am How come 0-2-9 is pronounced as Ma-Jik-ku? I understand Magiranger being the 29th series of Super Sentai but how come the numbers itself for the dial was pronounced as Magic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_wordplay
Thanks Lunagel. So they combine the Kunyomi and onyomi readings for the numbers to form Ma-ji-ku (0-2-9), right?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Basically anything goes yeah. Doesn't even have to be how you read it, 0 can be "maru" (circle) or "wa" (ring) too.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That wasn't a bad episode, but it felt weird. As others have noted, it felt like it was a Yellow episode. But then we spend more time with Red, and Red gets the new toy. So it ends up being one-third a Yellow episode smushed together with a toy ad.
resop2 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:52 amThat had to be the dumbest giant robot battle ever. Good thing they were using magic or else the structural damage to the buildings that they moved (for no particular reason) would have lead to the buildings being torn down.
It really was.:| We've had some screwy episodes before, but this is borderline random. Every other vehicle to date has given them a useful physical weapon. Here we get a magical blimp?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If you've seen enough older sentai, then dumb shit in robot battles is nothing new.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:39 pm If you've seen enough older sentai, then dumb shit in robot battles is nothing new.
Well sure. This is right up there with OhRanger Robo playing basketball. But it still doesn't change the fact that it's pretty damned dumb. :lol:
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:39 pm If you've seen enough older sentai, then dumb shit in robot battles is nothing new.
I am no one to talk since I don't like the megazord fights in Super Sentai. (Yes, I know that they won't go away since they have to sell that footage to Power Rangers.)

However, I did enjoy the fact that they had a MOTW get killed before he could even appear when the megazord randomly stepped on him fighting another monster. I also enjoyed that the Pat Ranger megazord used what looked like a yo-yo against a MOTW (making a reference to the anime Sukeban Deka).

I also liked that in Shinkengers, before they figured out how to combine their individual giant origami's they just stacked them on top of each other with predictably embarrassing results.

But, I do wish that on shows with in person monster growers like Naria (as opposed to distant monster growers like the girl in Gokaigers) that they would have at least one episode were the heroes outsmart the monster grower and prevent the appearance of the giant monster. (The next week the monster grower could figure out how to get around the heroes trick and grow monsters again.)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

When you've seen mecha doing sumo against MotW, anything else seems normal.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Carranger had some good shit as well.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”