Lupin VS Pat 28 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 28 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.08 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Umika's dad appears

Liked the stuff with Umika's dad and more Umika backstory. Isn't really a Umika centric episode for some reason?

Didn't really care about the submarine stuff and the monster of the week was kind of boring, except it's funny that Gauche hates him too. Remember that a bow's piercing power surpasses blasters. Maybe should have got out drill for this one, huh?

Kind of hate how toku modern powers makes no sense. The submarine is magic, it gives bow powers, and also nonsensical magic powers when in robot form?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 28 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Hey Toei, Umika's birthday is October 27! Usually you stick with the same time of year that the episode airs, what gives? Was this supposed to air later?

Kinda wish we saw more of the dad. He just left after Kogure talked to him, so it felt a bit unfinished. Umika chasing after him helped but still...

Tsukasa definitely knows or at least suspects something. She's just not gonna say anything until she's 100% certain. I'm betting that she is willing to let the LupinRangers do their thing as long as the monster gets defeated. Of the three, she's the one who's been okay to team up with the Lupins the most often.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Luna, are you just reading Kudo Haruka's bio? October 27th is her birthday.

Oh yeah, Tsukasa being suspicious of something is always good. But this could have happened with anything that's happened since Noel's appearance. Pats take a back seat again.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Take-san, Voler Maintenaut/Magic Dial Fighter is modeled after a blimp/zeppelin (considering one of GoseiKnight's vehicles is Skyon the blimp) and apparently the 2nd Goseiger shoutout from Episode 22 alongside the Gosei Blaster Collection Piece.

Overprotective dad wants to keep his princess from a disinterested yankii. Dad only wants his little girl safe, especially after what happened to Shiho. Dad eventually understands that his daughter can handle life as a restaurant employee and as a thief. Ok.

Good that Tsukasa's using her head again. Wonder if she'll unravel Noel's ties with the Lupin family... The Pats may as well investigate the Lupin family if they want to stop people from using their legendary ancestor's Collection for its "destructive" capabilities.

Eh-ish episode. Heartwarming at the least, Jeeves was at least accommodating to Umika's dad.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's a blimp? I totally didn't catch that. Don't remember a thing about Goseiger.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh right, the Collection Piece of the Week is the Shark Cutters from Gaoranger. Pretty easy why the MOTW is able to swim.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I liked how the new machine was a head switch thing. Not sold on the strange magic ball/tiny hand thing though.

A strange episode though. Like it should be a Lupin Yellow episode, but her dad spends more time with Red instead. I wish the last scene would have been someone spilling the beans that Pat#2 was in love with her and either the dad chasing him or liking the idea because he's a police man and not a deadbeat.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:44 am I liked how the new machine was a head switch thing. Not sold on the strange magic ball/tiny hand thing though.

A strange episode though. Like it should be a Lupin Yellow episode, but her dad spends more time with Red instead. I wish the last scene would have been someone spilling the beans that Pat#3 was in love with her and either the dad chasing him or liking the idea because he's a police man and not a deadbeat.
Um, Sayaka is Pat#2, although with the hyperbattle in the same download, I suppose one can get confused.

That had to be the dumbest giant robot battle ever. Good thing they were using magic or else the structural damage to the buildings that they moved (for no particular reason) would have lead to the buildings being torn down.

This was an episode aimed at the Kudo Haruka wota (fans of the idol group Morning Musume) who would know Haruka's birthday and know that Haruka is a such a hopeless daddy's girl that on tour she would wrap one of her father's shirts around her pillow to help her sleep.

It would have been funny if Gauche's disinterest in the MOTW caused her to move so slowly that she gets shot at so she snaps "hey, I'm doing this one under protest!". Also, this episode would have been a good one for the Lupin Rangers to try to mess Gauche up since all four were standing and uninjured at the end of the fight. They could try to:
* Hide the safe.
* Try to confuse Gauche by throwing out fake blown up safes (a use for their magic vehicle?).
* Lock the safe in a wire cage.

In Haruka Twitter news, in the past week she's been uploading several videos of her and some of the other cast members doing the "TikTok" meme.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

My bad. It's a combination of not bothering to learn the spelling of the characters names and I keep getting confused because he's the junior member of the squad yet has a higher number than Tsukasa.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I also think it's weird that Tsukasa is 3 sometimes. Especially since her and Keiichirou were there first? CoughJapan'ssexistcough. To the surprise of no one...
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Actually, the reason will be explained in the upcoming video about the first PatranNigou.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm sure the reason is super good and reasonable and believable!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

If it was important enough it would be in the main series.

If Goseiger aired this year, the reason Hyde didn't have a partner would be relegated to a V-cinema.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

damn, forgot gaoranger had a shark.

had that pegged for Jyuhoger.
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

Just watched the ep.... I can hear blue say something at 00:19:49 (hard to miss his voice) but not sure what it was

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”