Lupin VS Pat 30 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 30 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.8 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Red versus Red

It's a double red episode, so it's pretty good. At first, I was thinking this was awesome. LupinRed's totally moving in and stealing the items out from Keiichirou, so of course his irrational hatred of the thieves is justified. I thought, this should have happened in an earlier episode.

But nooooo. Keiichirou trusts LupinRed enough to let him go and take the treasure with him. That completely undermines whatever it is you're doing with Keiichirou as a character!

That said, having Kairi be annoyed because Keiichirou reminds him of his brother and feeling conflicted about it is kind of nice. Great action. Love the fart jokes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Lupin VS Pat 30 Released!

Post by Catastrophe »

It was a pretty good episode all things considered. Keiichirous 180 on Lupin Red to trust him to save the day I didn't really buy, but I enjoyed the fact that despite stealing the collection piece, Kairi feels like a piece of shit. While he may be a better fighter, he's a worse human. Initially I was hoping that the two of them would form the mecha, but I liked how it turned out.

Also, Noel is a piece of shit. He's too smug for his own good without being enjoyable and the fact that he openly works with the thieves really kills any VS mentality that the show had.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Idk it makes sense to me. There is one thing that is more important to Keiichiro than anything else, and that is doing is job and protecting people.

It's not that he miraculously trusts LupinRed, it's that he HAS to trust LupinRed.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Question about the photo: is there something odd with her middle finger or is it just the position of the photo?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Think it's the lighting/position but she does have very bony fingers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that emo-Kairi has some promise. Certainly a step up from smart aleck, smug, and lazy Kairi.

The rest of the pat-rangers did everything except for saying "we are not suspicious people" to Noel to make them look suspicious.

I don't know if the heroes are supposed to notice things like this, but Gauche doesn't like water and doesn't like foul smells. If the rangers dropped the safe in a tub of vile smelling liquid you could have an episode where Gauche shows up, stomps her feet, yells "Moe!!", and leaves without growing the monster. Then the next week she shows up with a clothespin on her nose, expands the monster and gives the heroes a "beda".
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I wonder if the obviously suspicious acting was a way to prove Kairi is LupinRed in the minds of the Police while intentionally leaking info to Noel in such a obvious way.

Noel is still my favorite character on this show so far.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:26 pm I wonder if the obviously suspicious acting was a way to prove Kairi is LupinRed in the minds of the Police while intentionally leaking info to Noel in such a obvious way.
Allowing the Pats to actually come across as anything other than clumsy fools compared to the almighty, invincible Lups? They would never.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I rather like that it was a deep Kari episode and that he feels like crap for not being as good a person as Keiichirou. However I feel like Keiichirou's characterization is flatter than a pancake. He's a damn good hero, and yet the writers never seem to be able to do something interesting with that trait. I mean yeah, he really hates Lupin Red, but as a person he doesn't have much else going on.

Meanwhile on the action front I loved the street fighting beatdown. It was actually surprisingly short, but I'll take it where I can get it. Conversely, fart jokes are so badly overused. Though I will admit I laughed at the idea of putting the collection piece back in the safe to stop the smell.:D

As an aside, I find it extremely interesting that Tsukuyomi is in the hero lineup for the SHT end bumper. Normally that's only transformed heroes, and furthermore I can't think of the last time any of the girls from KR were in it
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:10 pm Love the fart jokes.
Well I guess there's no accounting for taste. :P
dryedmangoez wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 pm Allowing the Pats to actually come across as anything other than clumsy fools compared to the almighty, invincible Lups? They would never.
True 'dat.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

When Splash is on Good Striker it sort of resembles G1 Defensor a bit. and it has a symbol on the same side of the chest armor too, which vaguely resembles an autobot symbol but im guessing is the Pat-badge. i was thinking maybe the Firetruck would have an Ambulance in place of drill, but a new head for Good Striker is cool too i guess.

but Umika made a good point on how some of the collection pieces were in the hands of regular unremarkable citizens. Noel saying it was to protect the power is ok, but couldnt Arsene been a ladies man? that seems more accurate to me since both were given to women or in possession there of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:10 pm Love the fart jokes.
Well I guess there's no accounting for taste. :P
[/quote]

I think what worked for me is that they went all in with that. Not only was it fart jokes, but exploding out the ass, constant barrage of nastiness, that also doubled as a plan to blow up the city.

Wasn't Misora in the SHT end bumper for Build?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Yes, and Kiriko's too for Drive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:49 am Wasn't Misora in the SHT end bumper for Build?
She is with the cast. However the scene before that has all of the transformed heroes. Which by virtue of being transformed heroes, has always excluded the girls.

Build: https://i.imgur.com/ISVLDF9.jpg
Zi-O: https://i.imgur.com/cIeMjiA.jpg
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh I see what you mean. Well, here's hope for Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I look forward to her eventual fridging then

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”