Lupin VS Pat 33 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 33 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: Toqger sanjou!

Now that was a good PatRanger episode. Sure, the kids took most of the spotlight, but it was fun to see the PatRangers being police officers and helping the public.

Kid Tooma is child Hikari from Toqger!

Tsukasa's interests move in a dangerous direction.

Kogure wins the award for the episode.

Who wants to bet that Noel's secret is something dumb or doesn't pay off till the LVSP returns movie, like with Jyuohger?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 33 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'll get this out of the way: Noel smirked and looked away when Keiichirou asked about the Collection before declining to answer. Kogure has form-fitting disguises ready for the pickup based on the lies the kid!Thieves made. If the production crew don't do something, Catastrophe might win "Who's Jeeves?!" and I might win "Noel's Full of Shit!".

It's good that this episode's a laugh. The Kid!Thieves are cute. Don't @ me.

The Collection Piece of the Week is the Turbine from one half of the Turborangers' Turbo Brace.

The next episode BETTER explain why Arsene Lupin stole artifacts from otherwordly mafiosos. Less emphasis on the potential handcannon, please. Marketing's got enough to work with.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What are you referencing with the kid!Thieves thing?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I may have watched that one Sunny in Philly episode where Frank holds a kiddie pageant before going for this one...
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The child screams silently, but it is no use. No one can hear.

GIF courtesy of Ryuu no Senshi

Check them out if you ever need animated GIFs for toku.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In the preview Kairi says "I was born to be a phantom thief." However, he isn't one, he's an ambush thief. Telling someone "here's an advance notice" and then robbing them five seconds later does not make you a phantom thief. If they really want to be phantom thieves, then have the Pat Rangers capture a Lupin collection piece and have the Lupins send a notice saying that the next day at a specific time they will take the collection piece, and then do it with half of the police in Tokyo trying to stop them.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Spoiler
What's with the reaction that Pats and Lupins made from the transitions? Is Pats going to know their true identity already? Most people speculate that but I don't think this will be the case until on episode 40 and above.
Is it just me or that they made the guards outside looked too dumb to notice that a child was holding a VS Changer? They think that was a toy? Didn't they see the police carry that everyday and were aware that those items were only one of its kind?

Like that Drill CGI. Miss that since episode 14.

It makes me wonder when Kei-chan will ask what happened to Lupin's love ones that they wanted to revive them?

Well, I guess they do got the point that they cannot work with thieves unless their enemies are way too strong for just one sentai.
takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:32 am Who wants to bet that Noel's secret is something dumb or doesn't pay off till the LVSP returns movie, like with Jyuohger?

Count me in
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kogure acting like Lupin Red was probably the best part of the episode. Wasn't that much of a fan otherwise.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

If watch week-to-week, this show is entertaining because focus on personality of Lupin or Pat.

But in overview of whole show, the main plot is nothing, at current episodes look like couple begeniing episodes, as no develop in major plot, no interesting villain... Look like Go-Onger, nothing special on main plot, but too focus on character's story.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The main Ganglars don't do a lot. I'm pretty sure even in this episode, we only get Gauche growing the MOTW. Great sentai series have well characterised villians, and this isn't helping LVSP very much.

Also, where the fuck is Zamigo? We haven't seen him since the Lion guy, right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

kangchan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:32 pm If watch week-to-week, this show is entertaining because focus on personality of Lupin or Pat.

But in overview of whole show, the main plot is nothing, at current episodes look like couple begeniing episodes, as no develop in major plot, no interesting villain... Look like Go-Onger, nothing special on main plot, but too focus on character's story.

To be fair though, that pretty much describes every Sentai. There's not a single one that consistently advances the plot every episode.

Zamigo does need to step up his game though, dude hasn't done nearly enough to warrant getting op song screentime.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ugg, kids. And double ugg, adults acting stupid so that the kids can win.
takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:32 am Who wants to bet that Noel's secret is something dumb or doesn't pay off till the LVSP returns movie, like with Jyuohger?
I'm certainly not going to bet against that...
Lunagel wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:57 pm
kangchan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:32 pm If watch week-to-week, this show is entertaining because focus on personality of Lupin or Pat.

To be fair though, that pretty much describes every Sentai. There's not a single one that consistently advances the plot every episode.

Zamigo does need to step up his game though, dude hasn't done nearly enough to warrant getting op song screentime.
You're right, of course. But there have been past series that have done more with their respective plots. Lupin vs Pat is being carried almost entirely on how good its characters are. The villains and the overarching plot have not been very strong, with is something other Sentai series have done a better job balancing. This episode being especially bad because they're purposely dragging out revealing the Lupins' goal to the Pats, which makes it all artificial drama.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I know Tsukassa has a thing for stuff animals but when she was hugging kid kairi, I can't help but feel like I need an adult.

though the police at least do act like cops so I'm cool with this episode, despite this episode still spotlighting the thieves but ehh
Last edited by Kurokage X on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This must be why I like the show. I am a bad Tokusatsu fan and I focus on the personalities and team building aspects of the shows and gloss over the mecha and monsters part.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:39 am

This must be why I like the show. I am a bad Tokusatsu fan and I focus on the personalities and team building aspects of the shows and gloss over the mecha and monsters part.
I don't think that's a bad thing, everyone enjoys stuff for different reasons so it doesn't matter if you prefer the non-suited parts. Personally I tend to blip over the mecha bits but that's usually cause there's not a lot of dialogue I need to translate there XD

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”