Lupin VS Pat 35 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
10%
10%

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 35 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.13 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Megatron, transform?

Did Sakuya hit Keiichirou in the balls? Somehow, the Pats driving their car through the Lupin's robo battle is a little more lame than the shot of the Lupins arriving to see the giant battle pan over them.

I still think Magnum is kind of dumb and unimaginative as a weapon, but I have to admit, I did enjoy the weird tunnel shooter sequence. Even though it slightly felt like playing a game that threw in another game mode for no reason.

At this point, do we know more about Kogure than we know about Noel?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 35 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Another sidelined episode for the Pats as they humorously help the MOTW’s victims.

No. No. No. No. I'm not buying how this episode's trying to make the audience sympathize with Kogure and the plight of his clones. Fine, he's not a Ganglar but the misdirection to keep him the Goodie-two-shoed handler isn't working. We’re 35 episodes in and the show’s still holding back on what Jeeves’ ulterior motives are.

Zamigo’s nowhere to be found and the Ganglar trio are just being redundant. Stop stalling and make Disk 3 whams happen!

Good debut of the handcannon’s robot form.

The Collection Piece of the Week is the Doronchanger from Kakuranger. Bunshin no jutsu.

Next week: how to safely extinguish the flame of a hot-blooded cop.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Since neither the loss of the Collection Piece, nor the death of the Ganglar automatically undid the splitting, does that mean a whole lot of people died off-screen?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, Noel says at the end of the episode that the Pats managed to squish everyone back together again
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Edited: Ore wa baka desu.
Last edited by HowlingSnail on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 am A thought I had. People are speculating that Sougo's uncle will be Oma Zi-O. You know what Italian for uncle is? Zio. Granted the pronunciation is closer to ツィオ, but Geiz, Meteor and Decade have started a precedent for Toei not caring too much about the actual pronunciation of the words they take.
Maybe this week's Ganglar will resurrect an split Sougo in three? One will Oma Zi-O, one will be Sougo as he is now, and one will be Sougo with a personality?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 am A thought I had. People are speculating that Sougo's uncle will be Oma Zi-O. You know what Italian for uncle is? Zio. Granted the pronunciation is closer to ツィオ, but Geiz, Meteor and Decade have started a precedent for Toei not caring too much about the actual pronunciation of the words they take.
Maybe this week's Ganglar will resurrect an split Sougo in three? One will Oma Zi-O, one will be Sougo as he is now, and one will be Sougo with a personality?
I need to start checking what thread I'm in. As if Zamigo didn't give it away...
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The above did give me an idea on how they could have a Decade like crossover episode:

The next to last episode of LVSP sees the Ganglars defeated, identities revealed and the last lupin collection piece given to Kogure. Kogure puts the last piece in the book and we get "continued next week"

The last episode begins (without credits) with no one getting their important person back, the book turning into a watch looking thing (which disappears), the pats and lupins unable to transform, and "Another Lupin" rampaging in the streets. Sougo, Geiz, and Tsukuyomi show up but need the help of the lups and pats to defeat the monster, even though they can't transform (the pats immobilize the monster and the lupins manually crack the monster's safe to find the watch). After the monster is defeated, Sougo takes the watch (saying that he thinks things will work out) and history is rewritten so that the Ganglars never existed, and the important people were never taken away.

The ending credits montage shows that Tsukasa marries Kairi's brother and Kairi is inspired to become a police office. Tooma works for Kairi's brother and marries his important person. Kei goes undercover becoming a phantom thief (and is good at it). Kairi nicks Kei with a bullet in a shootout so that Kei will have more credibility. Sayaka becomes Umika's friend boyfriend. Umika becomes a teen idol and puts out a photobook.

edit:

Special alert: One of Umika's former group mates gushes like an insane fan girl for several pages on her blog about episodes 26 and 27.

http://blog-project.net/haga-akane/2674 ... haga-akane
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As a character focused episode it was decent enough. It's fun to see the Lupins get frustrated at their quest, and for Kogure's actor to actually get to play a wider range since he normally plays a very narrow character.

However I also concur that we already know that Jeeves isn't on the level. So this is misdirection at best. And really, we'd all very much like to know what his hidden agenda really is.

Past that, the debut of the new robo is kind of odd. So the gun transforms into a robot ala Zuban. But he can only be a giant robot, and he has no personality. Which makes him neither an extra hero, nor a secondary robo for the team. So I don't completely understand his purpose. A new-age Tackle Boy, perhaps?

The tunnel sequence was neat though. For as quickly as it moved, it's clear they put a lot of effort into setting it up. We haven't had a ton of model footage this season for various reasons. Still, Takenoko is right in that it sort of came out of nowhere - for that matter, so does the fact that the gun turns into a giant robot - and the idea that there were underground tunnels big enough for a robot a dozen stories tall to walk though is a bit far-fetched, even by Sentai standards.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 am Still, Takenoko is right in that it sort of came out of nowhere - for that matter, so does the fact that the gun turns into a giant robot
Megatron is insulted!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:00 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 am Still, Takenoko is right in that it sort of came out of nowhere - for that matter, so does the fact that the gun turns into a giant robot
Megatron is insulted!
Megatron is a giant robot that turns into a small gun. That's completely different and in no way is a slight towards his greatness. :oops:

(Slowly backs out of the room)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Meh. I suppose having a Kogure episode it good.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”