Lupin VS Pat 36 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 am

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 13
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Lupin VS Pat 36 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Alt Title - The Clumsy Heroine Beam

I gotta say, I really felt for Sakuya this episode. That part where he was all choked up and in tears was really well acted and well directed as well. I really wanted to give him a cookie and a big hug. It was a very good piece of characterization and a nice callback to one of the first episodes where he said he's the type who gets better when praised.

That said I'm a little irritated at Lupin Magnum hogging the spotlight here. Why did we need it when the Pats really had it under control? Seems really superfluous to me.

Man Tsukasa is snippy this episode, I like it~ Tsun tsun~

PS- to the people who say Toei knows what they're doing with English... Carm down
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Lupin VS Pat 36 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.6 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: A good Pat episode

Sakuya is a heroine???

I thought this was the good Pat episode that we wanted. All three members have some great moments. And better yet, we get more of Tsukasa working with the thieves, which is something I'm always going to be up for.

Sakuya definitely shines best when he recognizes that he's a goofball clutz, but makes up for it by trying his best. But having Kei pep him up was a nice moment too.

The only real disappointment was magnum transforming into a gun, and not being fired by PatKaiser. Come on!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Thank Zod, a nice Patranger episode!

Oh silly Sakuya. Don't accept free stuff from strangers. Good on Tsukasa on being able to manipulate the thieves and the MOTW long enough to get the MOTW to spill the beans on its objective and getting the thieves to take the MOTW out after.

The Collection Piece of the Week is the Digitizer from Megaranger. Seems the Ganglar's got someone like Steve Jobs to update the Digitizer with slightly better VATS!

Next week: Teamwork VS Staycation camping... Where the hell's Zamigo?!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Strike a hero pose!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This was a fairly good episode. It's a Pat episode, but the Lupins do enough. Also all the Pats get to do something cool.

Why can't they balance all the episodes like this?
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 pm Image

Strike a hero pose!
Man, I didn't realize ALL the Lupins wore heels
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Keiichiro as a character is a thousand times better when he's channeling BoukenRed than he is NinninRed. He plays the cool, stoic leader incredibly well, making it look natural. Conversely hot-headed Keiichiro is so overdone. Which is an odd inversion; normally I feel like the actors are directed to underplay their characters a bit, but in his case it's the opposite (and it's a lot worse than underplaying).

Speaking of which, I'm surprised by how fired up Tsukasa was in this episode after she went off on her own. That really seemed to come out of nowhere; she was pretty calm up to that point.

And Pecker. Really?! But hey, at least Gauche is taking an interest.:lol:
Lunagel wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:20 amThat said I'm a little irritated at Lupin Magnum hogging the spotlight here. Why did we need it when the Pats really had it under control? Seems really superfluous to me.
Toys, yo.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like that Keiichiro balances the composed leader and the hot bloodedness. It's not something that's done well and I feel its pulled off great here.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”