Lupin VS Pat 48 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
26%
No votes

Total votes: 19
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Lupin VS Pat 48 Released!

Post by resop2 »

Kuchiri wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 pm I feel like this would be better if Dogranio would say after the first mention to remove the masks. That he will give them a chance to save Noel. Then after the first hesitation tell Gauche to hack away. Sort of like. Your identities or your friend. That would've made for a bit more dramatic reveal. Aside from that, the main way monsters grew big is dead. We have officially hit the Endgame of Lupin.
:!:
scot64 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm I was hoping for a switch as they lowered their hat to find a set of Kogure masks shielding their identities.
Or even the low-tech method of a second mask underneath their first ones, or face paint. The way they first hid their faces with their hats really raised my anticipation that they had come with a gimmick.
scot64 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm Dorgranio opening all the safes and suddenly taking back all collection pieces and telling Gauche’s that she has been doing what ever she wanted, now he is doing it. Leaving her to take a stand on her own two feet. I thought Dorgranio had a soft spot for Gauche by the way he let her have so much freedom to plot and play. New Dorgranio plot twists, would have been better around 45 or 46.
The moral of the story is that if you are a monster grower and you don't act romantically interested in big evil expect to be tossed away like yesterday's trash. A least Gauche's death came as she was doing what she loved.
CheetahLynx wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 pm Personally, I really quite liked it, but maybe that's because I'm a complete, absolute sucker for identity reveal situations, for whatever reason. (Don't ask. I don't know either) And this one actually had me shivering, and it's quite a hot night where I live.

My brain says "Give the episode a 3 or 4", but my heart says "Give it a 6".
It really got to me.

Can I give it a 6?
:!:
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:01 pm Oh yeah, I wrote in my notes that we finally know why Noel doesn't use the VS vehicles. It's because he configured them to work with humans. Motherfucker, are you putting a gene lock into the devices, because the VS Changers sure don't look like they run a DNA test to make sure the items are being used by a human.
Why wouldn't Noel configure the VS vehicles that way? What if a Ganglar got one of the VS vehicles and put it in his safe? That would be a scary thought. And, it's doesn't have to be a DNA test, maybe the planet that Noel and the Ganglars are from is colder so their body temperatures have evolved lower? It's something that could be eventually cracked but it seems like a sensible safeguard.

I thought the final shot of was effective with Sayaka crushed and nearly out of the scene, Tuskasa comforting him, and Kei in the foreground stoically trying to process everything.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

resop2 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:07 pm Why wouldn't Noel configure the VS vehicles that way? What if a Ganglar got one of the VS vehicles and put it in his safe?
Except that DID happen. Destra put Victory Striker and Siren Striker in his safes and became near-unstoppable (and that's just the one I'm totally sure about; there may have been another instance that I'm forgetting). Whatever Noel did to allow humans to use the Lupin Collection pieces, it didn't eliminate the ability of the Ganglars to use them. Noel himself being unable to use them because he isn't human seems like a major design flaw in his process....
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

Dang nabbit. And here I was hoping the Lupins would finally be arrested for disposing of Ganglar and returning goods belonging to Arsene estate clearly working for said estate... which I presume has ties to the FrenchHQ.

Hmm. Why do I feel LUvsPAT could've been fixed halfway through after introducing Noel with a few calls to make Lupin vigilante actions legitimized? You know... how the teams come into agreement in VS. movie formulas? So threads like "Umika might actually like the PatrenGreen guy" stuff or "cops suddenly going OH right! they are those people we suspected in the first place" don't feel rushed and forced because we woke up with what 2 episodes or so left ?
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:09 am
resop2 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:07 pm Why wouldn't Noel configure the VS vehicles that way? What if a Ganglar got one of the VS vehicles and put it in his safe?
Except that DID happen. Destra put Victory Striker and Siren Striker in his safes and became near-unstoppable (and that's just the one I'm totally sure about; there may have been another instance that I'm forgetting). Whatever Noel did to allow humans to use the Lupin Collection pieces, it didn't eliminate the ability of the Ganglars to use them. Noel himself being unable to use them because he isn't human seems like a major design flaw in his process....
Well we could assume that 'use' them in this term is in Fact using them to work with the VS Changer and as they might supposed to, but the Safes do seem to just extract some Ability from them without using their full Potential, at least I've never seen any Gravity based Stuff from Siren Striker, or did I forget already?

Anyways we could just leave it at the Fact, that Noel's X-Changer is just incapable of slotting the Vehicles, I mean his whole Changer is a Vehicle on it's own, so he can't shoot any other Vehicle due to the Limitations of his Hardware.
And I'm pretty sure that at least Crane and Drill were used by Ganglars in Safes before.

Anyways pretty disappointed in this Episode and the Gauche Kill off, I get that Boss took the Collection from Ganglarstein, but disarming Gauche complete was just Dumb, and the Gold Safe Transfer did absolutly nothing, that thing was as weak a shit as you expect from something without a Collection Piece, since Steins don't have a Innate Ability, speaking of which, what was Gauche's, I mean we could assume the Lasers, those were pretty darn Powerful. But yeah just another Female Mechanic Type Commander write off that felt pretty unimpactful.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

I don't really get that episode was, and how lame Gauche meets her bitter end? Like for me, less appreciate.
Spoiler
One more thing, Yabbun-sama would love destroying things in Earth for his third visit next episode.
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I thought of a cute low budget gimmick for the next episode: since the lupins need to be able to walk around anonymously, have Kogure prepare masks for them to make them look like average random people, although they are average random people who look exactly like their suit actors. Then when it is time to fight they take off their masks.
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

Resop2... I like that idea. Give the suit actors some airtime out of the helmets.
PaiZuriFAN
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: akase

Post by PaiZuriFAN »

I love everything but the unmasking, was it so hard to give Don the Collection Piece of telekenisis or that green force ability from before to make them unmask themselves? Instead it was "Can you please unmask, pretty please!?" After all those episodes all someone had to do was ask?
Hey it's better than Gokaiger's Greatest treasure triangle
PaiZuriFAN
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: akase

Post by PaiZuriFAN »

Eric wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 am I don't really get that episode was, and how lame Gauche meets her bitter end? Like for me, less appreciate.
Spoiler
One more thing, Yabbun-sama would love destroying things in Earth for his third visit next episode.
The rangers never once tried to gangup on her to stop growth
If they would have explained that she cant be hit because she's basically water whenever she wants would have been better than just watching her make em huge

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”