No votes

Total votes: 13
Seikatsu DoRaibu
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Build and Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid and Lupinranger vs Patranger
Dreamy: Marvelous and Marika
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue (Kamen Rider Decade)
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider GIRLS
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Saying "Zi-O!" every time when the clock hits 10:10
Quote: The sun is such a wonderful thing. It can make even the dirt shine!
- Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
Instagram: Toku_Posting_For_U_Waga_Maou

Re: Super Sentai Saikyou Battle 01 released

Post by Seikatsu DoRaibu »

msf232 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:50 pm Do they say "hot" in this episode? I can't remember anything
Lol... You noticed a lot of minor and unnoticeable mistakes in the subs for this episode but you couldn't notice Takaharu's most iconic phrase smh
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, attention is like that. Different people notice different things. Like, if optical illusions, blind spots, and the flawed nature of human attention have taught me anything, it's kind of scary what we can experience and never notice on our own.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

I certainly hope all this talk of magic is going to bring us some Magiranger involvement. Of course I'm pretty much always hoping they show up.
And am I the only one getting a bad Kyoryuger vibe from Ryusoulger?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

zigmenthotep wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 pm I certainly hope all this talk of magic is going to bring us some Magiranger involvement. Of course I'm pretty much always hoping they show up.
And am I the only one getting a bad Kyoryuger vibe from Ryusoulger?
There's a whole thread in the Ryusoul area of this forum about it.

Yes... it's Kyoryuger again basically. But instead of revolvers, it's swords that chomps the 'batteries'
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Since there wasn't a preview of this episode attached to the Lupin vs Pat finale, I came into this with no specific expectations beyond the obvious: fan service. And yep, it's a fan service series alright. :lol:

Given the character lineup, I had just flat-out assumed Marvelous would be the leader. But instead it's JyuohEagle?! What the heck, Toei? Nothing against the actor, but the character was incredibly bland and not an especially good leader. I really can't believe they picked him, and not the anniversary guy with a connection to AkaRed, to be the Red of all Reds.

And where are the giant robos?! :( It's Super Sentai for a reason!

The cameos were really interesting, especially since they weren't all people from the last few years. Granted, it only goes back to Boukensilver, but still, that was over 10 years ago! That also sounded like they got the whole Gokai crew back to do VOs? That, or they got permission to use previous recordings, neither of which are things Toei often does. Usually we just get so-so imitations. Also, Kei's catch phrase makes no damned sense in the context of a Sentai battle. I'm pretty sure the Global Police's authorization for force only applies to Ganglars and Lupins. :o

Meanwhile, I hadn't even been thinking about who would be directing this series. But the moment Go-On Red started fighting, it was immediately obvious it was Sakamoto. :D Go-On Red's attacks are something Sakamoto created for Power Rangers RPM, so it's a dead giveaway. Which makes me happy: he's the perfect choice for this kind of series.

Finally, let's all play the NinninRed drinking game. Every time Takaharu says "hot" or "fire", take a shot. Whoever passes out first wins. :lol:

Oh, and I think I found a typo:
22:44 "... so how do that?"
I'm assuming this was meant to be "so how do we do that?"
Arigomi wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 pm What were they thinking with that intro sequence? Do they want people to have seizures?
Well this is Japan, the country that gave us Porygon. So probably? Unfortunately they may just get their wish; that really is a terrible intro.
takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:03 am Did the Ryusoulgers eat all the previous dinosaur warriors to take their strength?
These guys all have swords. Clearly they cut off the other Sentai members' heads! :shock:
dekared wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:53 am
Arigomi wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 pm The name itself is reminds me of Rita Repulsa but I'm not sure the writers are willing to dig that deep for a reference. On the other hand, this is all taking place on planet Nemesis.
If you think about it, planet Nemesis was where Bandora was, in the dumpster in the first episode of Zyuranger.

Plus there isn't a single dino team in the tournament.

And the the new dino team, the Ryusoulgers are looking for something.

If this has absolutely nothing to do with Bandora, I will eat my entire wardrobe.
Having not watched Zyuranger, the fact that the planet was named Nemesis blows my mind. Between that and the lack of the Zyurangers (among others), yeah, that pretty much gives it all away right there.

Still, Toei is not bound by silly things like logic. So you may want to pick out a good sauce to help you get through your clothes, just in case Toei throws a curveball.
Kuchiri wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:29 pm You know, for a tournament that's meant to put makeshift sentai vs makeshift sentai... having random 1v1, 2v2, 3v3s are sort of... not sentai ish?
Right? I was expecting 5-on-5s and a greater focus on teamwork. Between this and the lack of robos, the series has really torn out a lot of the fundamentals of Sentai.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:21 am Oh, and I think I found a typo:
22:44 "... so how do that?"
I'm assuming this was me to be "so how do we do that?"
Yeah. Dang it!
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

zigmenthotep wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 pm I certainly hope all this talk of magic is going to bring us some Magiranger involvement. Of course I'm pretty much always hoping they show up.
Toei didn't involve Magiranger in SHT Z, after all the talk about magic and stuff. I WANT MAGIRANGER THIS TIME AROUND!!!

You better not disappoint me again, Toei.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
skyescraper
Quote: Brave da ze!

Post by skyescraper »

As someone who neither watched Boukenger nor Go-Onger, could someone explain that thing abt fruits and vegetables with BoukenSilver and Go-On Red (as well as BoukenSilver getting Shou Lonpou's back problems from Kyuuranger)? No denying it's amusing, just curious if it is some reference I'm not aware of.
alpona
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Favorite Actor?: Yutaka Kobayashi
Favorite Band: owl city
My boom: toku!
Quote: the best thing you can be is yourself

Post by alpona »

skyescraper wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:42 am As someone who neither watched Boukenger nor Go-Onger, could someone explain that thing abt fruits and vegetables with BoukenSilver and Go-On Red (as well as BoukenSilver getting Shou Lonpou's back problems from Kyuuranger)? No denying it's amusing, just curious if it is some reference I'm not aware of.
Well Boukensilver always used to carry around and eat random raw fruits and vegetables, it's a reference to that. Why can't I remember the back problem? RIP my short term memory!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't remember the back problem thing, but the reoccurring gag with Shou is that he's old and always has back problems.

Eiji just always has vegetables on him. He's kind of a wandering monk, so maybe he's using some kind of pressure point thing on Shou?

Edit:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Super_Sent ... References

I wrote some more trivia for people who hadn't seen the series. If you see something I missed, feel free to add it or mention it here, the nice thing about a wiki is anyone can contribute (but it's best to register)
Kurt_Lang
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Kurt_Lang »

Was witch Bandora a klutz in Zyuranger, and also is it her quirk to get peoples name wrong like when Rita called Kagura "Kaguya"?
If not it could be just her descendant the newest queen from the fairy/Dahl tribe, but then she should be in a similar contract from a being like Dai-Satan since witch Bandora's lost her magic power when cried over the re-death of her son Kai.

Im thinking Gaisorg could be Grifforzer Jr. could anyone who has seen the 2nd episode clarify?

Also did they clarify who created Deboss from Kyouryuuger anywhere? If not, i hope they do it this mini series or in Ryusoulger. Im dying to know if there is a connection like he was created by Dai-Satan or similar boss that hates dinosaurs in particular.

BTW Team Frivolous that consist of Stag Buster, Green Racer, Go-On Green, Magi Pink and Shinken Gold is so spot-on i cant help but grin when i saw it, this team is a hot mess who could be the leader be i wonder.

Sempai! Paisem! Sempai! Lol
Last edited by Kurt_Lang on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Was witch Bandora a klutz in Zyuranger, and also is it her quirk to get peoples name wrong like when she called Kagura "Kaguya"?

Not at all. This Rita is just a goof

>Im thinking Gaisorg could be Grifforzer Jr. could anyone who has seen the 2nd episode clarify?

I think he's a character from Ryusoulger, given the way his armor is designed.

>BTW Team Frivolous that consist of Stag Buster, Green Racer, Go-On Green, Magi Pink and Shinken Gold is so spot-on i cant help but grin when i saw it, this team is a hot mess who could be the leader be i wonder.

Ooh, too bad we didn't see their fight more. Sadly, their first battle was against the Leader Team.
red09
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by red09 »

I have a feeling that the missing Sentai teams will be used by Marvelous? You know, given he is a Gokaiger?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

red09 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:55 pm I have a feeling that the missing Sentai teams will be used by Marvelous? You know, given he is a Gokaiger?
Do you mean by the virtue of Rangers Keys?

And welcome to the forum, by the way
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:21 amyou may want to pick out a good sauce to help you get through your clothes, just in case Toei throws a curveball.
Got any suggestions? I have mainly denim and t-shirts if that helps. :lol:
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!

Return to “Super Sentai Saikyou Battle”