Ultraman R/B 20 released

Select. Crystal.
Forum rules
Wiki link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:41 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆☆
100%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ultraman R/B 20 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Can we give Asahi credit for how a sidekick character is supposed to work. /me sideeyes Ui from Ryusoul
Asahi's sweet and maybe a little annoying, but overall she can be both vital and an important comic relief to the story.

Loved Rosso saving the little car from the rubble.

Mitsurugi going a bit nuts is kind of fun. While villainous, she's not totally like a cartoon character, you can see her reasoning even if it is a bit twisted.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ultraman R/B 20 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

I like how they turn the archetypes on their heads for Katsumi and Isami. For a hero based on fire, you expect them to be the brash attacker. Instead, Katsumi is the more rational and defensive-minded. Likewise, water is stereotyped as the calm and protective/healer element. But Isami is reckless and the offensive fighter!

Asahi definitely has more of a presence than other side characters in toku, but I still think her connection to things is a bit lackluster. She's friends with Tsuru, and knows about her brothers and Mitsurugi butting heads. But she doesn't try to play mediator or talk things out with Mitsurugi - she just sends line stickers.

Does Mitsurugi's Gyro cause people to go insane/derive joy from destruction when they become a kaiju? Aizen also kinda went mad with power when he used it.

Mitsurugi's backstory is so close to being good, but it doesn't quite connect with her actions so far. I think this is largely because what she's done / is doing has gone unexplained. Why was she summoning kaiju previously, for no obvious reason other than senseless destruction? Why did she need to take over AizenTech, and get rid of Aizen/Cereza? If her ultimate goal was to be prepared for Leugocyte's arrival, and destroy it via blowing up the earth, then it seems that none of the above was necessary.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I must agree about Asahi being a prime example of a proper sidekick. Her sad expression when her brothers are mocking her lack of drawing skills makes me melt.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Do we know if her actress actually does those drawings? I tried looking it up but didn't find anything. But a lot of the pictures that her actress poses with look like the ones used in the show

Return to “Ultraman R/B”