KR Zi-O 29 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: KR Zi-O 29 released

Post by SVNBob »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:40 pm
SVNBob wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am All the other Another Riders were created the same year as their respective series. But Another Blade was created within the same 24 hour period as the rest of the episode's events. She's Another Blade 2019, not 2004. So her existence isn't overwriting past events.
Except it was quite clearly shown that the previous another Riders were created mid-series. Fourze and Faiz were both shown losing their powers on screen when their Another Riders were born. So there's no reason why Blade would still have his.
Early-series really, for those we know about. Another Build came in between 12 and 15, and Another Wizard around 15 and 16. But those two are the latest we can pinpoint. There's no real information for Gaim or Ghost (or Drive...yet), and Decade doesn't really count, since he's just passing through.
Spoiler
There's also no information for Double from what I can see, but that might change once the movie becomes available.
However, for ExAid, Fourze, Faiz, and OOO, the Anothers were created in either episode 2 or 3.
Spoiler
And apparently, Another Kuuga was created the day before Kuuga started. So that one probably counts as -1.

In any case, almost all the Another Riders were created at some point early in the same year as their original existed and was active as a Rider, thus stealing their place in the continuity. But Another Blade was created this year and not during the original timeline in 2004. That's likely a big part of why there's no overwrite of history. There's also the factor of Blade having sealed away his powers in this world, until he showed up for this fight. So there was no Blade to overwrite in the present, until now.

Both of those reasons fit in with the existence of Another Ryuki. That came from the Mirror World in the present and did not overwrite the original Ryuki (anymore than Ryuki originally overwrote itself....) Ditto with Decade still being active, even though he gave his Ridewatch to Geiz and Sogou. (But then, there hasn't been Another Decade.)

Or, admittedly, I could be talking out of my ass here. I am truly just spitballing. But there does seem to be some sort of logic, as I tried to point out. If the writers actually do have an explanation, it'll probably be in Episode 30.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That was Another Ryuga though, not Ryuki.

But if Blade's power was sealed, who did Schwartz steal the power from to create Another Blade? I feel like the more we think about it, the closer we come to "A wizard did it" as the answer.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not sure I liked both the Blade and DiEnd parts in the same episode. It worked better than expected, but the Blade part feels kind of rushed.

I do like the fact that Zi-O can't just power up to his strongest form and we actually see some sensible use of other forms though.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

SVNBob wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:58 am Ditto with Decade still being active, even though he gave his Ridewatch to Geiz and Sogou. (But then, there hasn't been Another Decade.)
I'm pretty certain that given the nature of his powers and who he is, Decade is immune, as is Zi-O. Probably safe to say that Den-O would be immune as well.

But I think Toei realized that going back and messing up Rider History they way they were doing was a bad idea when it comes to continuity.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I had a moment of confusion about how Chalice could still have his powers, then I remembered "ah yes, Chalice has existed since before humanity walked the earth." And then Kenzaki staggered in. Maybe being a Joker makes you immune? Or maybe because robbing Kenzaki of his power would, y'know, end the world. And his sanctimonious "I sEaLeD mY pOwEr AwAy FoR yOuR sAkE" when I distinctly recall Go-Rider which is like, very canon and crucial. Hypocrite! >:(

A fun timing gag was Geiz'
"he's not my friend.
PAUSE
"He's my roommate."

I don't know if y'all intended to break the line up that way, but it was pretty funny how it worked out.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

dancercotillion wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:35 pm I had a moment of confusion about how Chalice could still have his powers, then I remembered "ah yes, Chalice has existed since before humanity walked the earth." And then Kenzaki staggered in. Maybe being a Joker makes you immune? Or maybe because robbing Kenzaki of his power would, y'know, end the world. And his sanctimonious "I sEaLeD mY pOwEr AwAy FoR yOuR sAkE" when I distinctly recall Go-Rider which is like, very canon and crucial. Hypocrite! >:(
As fun as that special was, I don't think we should be taking into consideration the canon-ness of the time a bunch of dead riders got trapped in a video game and then turned into a Sentai team.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

dancercotillion wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:35 pm A fun timing gag was Geiz'
"he's not my friend.
PAUSE
"He's my roommate."
Very much intentional, subtitle timing must work with comedy timing or a joke can be ruined! For all timers out there, please keep that in mind how crucial your job is in the subtitling process.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did get a good chuckle out of that joke.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

WHY THE HECK HAVE THEY NOT BEEN DOING THIS FROM THE BEGINNING?!

This is head and shoulders above every other episode so far and it even works without janking up the timeline of events needlessly! THIS is how you use Legacy Kamen Riders, you don't work them into bit parts that make no sense in the current day period when their entire past was rewritten into something completely different!

And groans aside about the Den-O Climax Form 11 Years Later thats to come (good lord almighty) they did a good job updating DiEnd's suit subtly to make better use of his color palette along with his gun. Also props to them using the updated Blade suit from the Ex-Aid special, I was worried that was gonna be a one off.

Thematically the episode hits all the good rising notes, DiEnd has set up White Woz to make the next Rider McGuffin and Hajime and Kenzaki finally clash again after 15 years to drag the locked Undead Royale towards its conclusion. I have no real hopes for the idea whatsoever but maybe just maybe the director/producer had a big enough pang of inspiration to finally give us Kenzaki as the Navy Joker versus Hajime as Black Joker to retcon that dumb S.I.C design decision.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:27 am He's right. You can see the Rouzer is missing from the belt there (the pattern underneath it looks similar so it might be confusing on lower resolutions)
Ah, so that's what it was. It's been forever since I saw the show, and I didn't actually see him take the rouzer out.

I feel like the main reason they do it like this is because it takes a bit of effort to show us a rider from 10 well over years ago as they were back ten. It's easier to just put them in the present and have them look like, well, their present selves.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

So she grew up and want to be a waifu now... Great tribute to the Blade series which is story was never good but the riders designs are cards art were really good.

Good to see Diend again but that hair color is not good... I think I know what he is going to steal this time.
Final Vent!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

For those of us who haven't seen Blade, could someone give us a quick summary of the backstory for these characters and what makes them important?
Kurow wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:55 am Good to see Diend again but that hair color is not good... I think I know what he is going to steal this time.
A bottle of hair dye? :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They explain it in 30. But I think most of us are just nostalgic for Blade. I think it's my first Rider series that I worked on for TV-Nihon?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:50 pm For those of us who haven't seen Blade, could someone give us a quick summary of the backstory for these characters and what makes them important?
Crash Course.

Kazuma Kenzaki worked for BOARD, a mysterious organization that unleashed the 52 Undead into the human world & becomes Blade with orders from Chief Karasuma to hunt down the Undead. Hajime Aikawa is a mysterious photographer living in Jacaranda's basement, hiding deadly secrets about the Undead while being protective of Amane because her father was killed by an Undead.

The Battle Fight was a battle royale tournament from before history that decided what species could take over the world. Category 2 of Hearts/The Human Undead won. When the Undead surfaced in 2004, the Fight was restarted.
Spoiler
While Tachibana and Mutsuki are important, and BOARD seems to have some questionable leaders move the plot, Kenzaki and Hajime's relationship is of utmost importance because the former wants to help the latter fully embrace humanity before the latter's true nature takes over.

The series ends with Kenzaki taking a 3rd option that inflicted sorrow upon Hajime and the cast, but for Kenzaki, it was all for Hajime's freedom from his true nature.

The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

wooot! just starting episode 29 now... its nice to be back and hello again boss takenoko
HUH?!?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”