KR Zi-O 31 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
18%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.4 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Agitomega

Another favorite of mine, another strongish episode. There are so many callbacks to the original series that I appreciate. But with such a strong cast of characters, I just want all of them to come back, and that's probably not realistic. Still, I would have loved it if they could have gotten Ozawa's actress, or Kaname Jun to come back as the OG G3. I guess they can't get Gills since that guy turned out to be a jerk who had to leave the industry in disgrace.

Also, are they giving Tsukuyomi something to do? Awesome!

From my notes:
-What's with Woz's voice in this episode. Even in normal circumstances he's got a effect on it. Wait, Ora has it too. Have the future people always had this effect on their voice?
-Zi-O Trinity cutting the bike thrown at him in half was shittily CGIed

Wow, they either recreated the Restaurant Agito sign, or modified it to have the Omega symbol. Appreciate that attention to small details.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 31 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

A small wham, considering Tsukuyomi’s situation.

Woz should stop hyping up Zi-O during battle. It’s not effective.

No Heure. Schwartz can just leave you and Ora behind regardless of what you two do.

Meanwhile, Schwartz has new experiments to tackle: Another Agito & Tsukuyomi.

Nice to see Toshiki Kashu, Rina Akiyama and Akiyoshi Shibata.

Alright episode. I want that steak dish.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:12 pm From my notes:
-What's with Woz's voice in this episode. Even in normal circumstances he's got a effect on it. Wait, Ora has it too. Have the future people always had this effect on their voice?
Whenever it happened, I kept wondering if this was new or just something I failed to notice in previous episodes.

The introduction of Tsukuyomi's power makes me wonder if we'll ever see Woz's unnamed powers again.

How is Schwartz creating Another Riders without taking the powers of the original? It also happened with Another Blade as well.
Last edited by Arigomi on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think they realized that the rule makes it so their guests can't do anything when they're on. So they've been quietly handwaving it by saying Another Blade and Another Agito are different types of Another Riders. But I definitely feel like they broke the rule early on too with a different Another Rider.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

During the walking scene Woz's voice sounds like it was recorded in a studio afterwards. Given the distance between him and the rest of the cast and the lack of a boom mike shadow, I assume they couldn't get good enough audio the first time and had to redo it later. Other scenes he sounds normal enough, without any sort of voice effect.

Mana sounds exactly the same. So does Shouichi for that matter.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh? No, the guests are fine. It's Woz and the Timejackers that all have the effect on their voices. I don't think it's the mic they used to dub over it since the effect seems intentional?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I meant like the guests sound exactly the same as they used to in the original series. Their voices haven't changed at all in the past 15+ years.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well it's not like they'll go through second puberty lol.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

So I guess last week wasn't Oma Day after all. Don't know if that was a misinterpretation of dialogue or if the dialogue itself was just weird about it. I can't help but laugh though, that despite our heroes having a more concrete goal (gather the ridewatches), Woz just insists they don't actually have to do anything still.

I'm really afraid of this 'lost memories' thing they've introduced with Tsukiyomi. Yeah she's in need of something to make her relevant compared to the rest of the cast, but I can't help but dread them pulling out some utterly ridiculous twist like... she's one of the TimeJacker's future-future kid, or a Ridewatch turned human or something equally bonkers.

As for the episode itself, it was good fun. I unironically love that Another Agito is just the Another Agito suit from the original show but with a number and name written on him. Maybe we should call him Another Another Agito? Who is also apparently a zombie spreading an infection! I really got a kick out of all the callbacks to Agito too. That chainsaw is as useless as ever! And it looks like Shouichi himself will be playing a large part alongside the main cast in solving this conflict compared to... well every other guest we've had so far!

I got a laugh out of Trinity shenanigans, the kind of fun stuff you'd only get out of these fusion forms. I'm pretty sure they would have solved that fight easier while split up, Sougo just wanted an excuse to use the form. Someone should tell Geiz not to so casually use the watch that kills him though!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Another Another Agito would be Another Agito's Another Rider though. That'd go too many layers deep!

Huh, you're right. So if last week wasn't Oma Day, then why did white Woz die? They set it up to seem like a pivotal moment, but I guess it's just the "does black or white Woz live day"
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 pm

How is Schwartz creating Another Riders without taking the powers of the original? It also happened with Another Blade as well.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that the Another Riders are being made in the present as opposed to the past. Also, if I remember the original series correctly, there could only be one Agito. Any others would turn into Another Agito. That might factor into things as well.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So... I wasn't the only one who noticed that Woz and the Time Jackers were all echo'y for no reason?
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Arigomi wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 pm

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that the Another Riders are being made in the present as opposed to the past.
My theory right now is that is somehow connected to Another ZI-O. All this 2019 Another Riders started after he was defeated and his Watch is still out there, so that would be the most logical explanation.
Also, if I remember the original series correctly, there could only be one Agito. Any others would turn into Another Agito. That might factor into things as well.
Not really, we actually saw 3 people turn into true Agitos in the show,
Spoiler
Shouichi's sister and his "girlfriend" in the end of the show
. The reason Another Agito looks different is the same as why Gills looks different, their seeds evolved differently, aka they are faulty.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Layton13 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that the Another Riders are being made in the present as opposed to the past.
My theory right now is that is somehow connected to Another ZI-O. All this 2019 Another Riders started after he was defeated and his Watch is still out there, so that would be the most logical explanation.
Also, if I remember the original series correctly, there could only be one Agito. Any others would turn into Another Agito. That might factor into things as well.
Not really, we actually saw 3 people turn into true Agitos in the show,
Spoiler
Shouichi's sister and his "girlfriend" in the end of the show
. The reason Another Agito looks different is the same as why Gills looks different, their seeds evolved differently, aka they are faulty.
Ah. My mistake. That rules that out then.

I completely forgot about the Another Zi-O watch. There has to be a reason they explicitly showed it's destruction being undone.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

A lead girl in Kamen Rider with amnesia? I'm shocked. SHOCKED.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”