KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Heisei Generations released

Post by Catastrophe »

Obviously it is due to different writers, but at the same time it annoys me that they can't be consistent.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Super minor thing, but I think you should specify the title as Heisei Generations FOREVER. It's the distinction from the previous two movies!

The first two episodes of Zi-O was an utter mess in attempting to cross over the worlds of Build and Zi-O, so I'm glad this movie got the chance to do it significantly better. All you really need to know is that this takes place after Build's finale, and that Sento and Ryuga know Sougo. Somehow. Also neat is that the movie also remembered that Sento no longer has access to Build Genius. I only say that because this is the only one of these crossover films where I think the past rider doesn't use his final form.

Anyhow, the movie itself is just really fun. It's nowhere near as good as last year's FINAL in my opinion, and I think the Pac-Man movie from the year before that was a little more structurally sound in terms of story, but this one was probably the most flat-out flashy and entertaining. The 'mystery' is pretty easy to pick up on, but I was still surprisingly invested in the guy and his kid (older) brother. Though I really could have used some fleshing out on that Imagin. I kept expecting us to go into his backstory or something, but no, apparently he's just a really nice guy. That's fine, I suppose.

This movie really did feel like a Den-O tribute above all else, what with both the mechanics behind Imagin playing a big part, alongside the appearance of the Den-Liner crew themselves. Even though they've appeared over the years more often than anyone else, I still got a real nostalgic kick from seeing Den-O in action alongside that classic music.

Speaking of music, I was surprised at myself at how excited I got just from the little snippets of Kuuga's background music they slipped in the action scenes. As for Kuuga himself, obviously this tribute to him was a bit on the shallow side, but I guess just playing him up as being the reason all these Heisei riders can exist is good enough, even if that doesn't entirely make sense.

...Then again, neither do all the riders becoming fictional if Kuuga were to not exist. There's a lot of bizarre leaps of logic in this film, even by Zi-O's standards, but I found myself not minding too much compared to, well, Zi-O's series.

But gosh, if we never get to see anything to do with Double again, then they really got the shaft this year. Another Double looks incredibly cool, may even be my favourite Another Rider, but he (they?) pretty much just acted as a tough henchman and nothing else. Compared to the other two Another Riders being a key character to the story and the main villain.

Anyway, that montage of twenty rider kicks will always be something to behold for me, though Kuuga's part near the end was uh... really not good-looking, wow! Anyhow, I give this five out of five rider kicks.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Super minor thing, but I think you should specify the title as Heisei Generations FOREVER. It's the distinction from the previous two movies!

Oh good point. Fixed.

>All you really need to know is that this takes place after Build's finale, and that Sento and Ryuga know Sougo.

I mean, this Sento is a creation of the Imagin. Or rather, it seems like the Imagin pulls you from the alternate reality into the main reality?

>...Then again, neither do all the riders becoming fictional if Kuuga were to not exist. There's a lot of bizarre leaps of logic in this film, even by Zi-O's standards, but I found myself not minding too much compared to, well, Zi-O's series.

I don't mind the leaps of logic as long as the story itself is good. No one will come to your defense if your story sucks and also doesn't make sense.

>But gosh, if we never get to see anything to do with Double again, then they really got the shaft this year. Another Double looks incredibly cool, may even be my favourite Another Rider, but he (they?) pretty much just acted as a tough henchman and nothing else. Compared to the other two Another Riders being a key character to the story and the main villain.

It does seem kind of like a weird slight to W. I get why they can't get Kuuga guests, but surely they could have gotten someone besides the Fuumen guy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess the issue with Double is that they could probably only get one half of him?
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well that was a heck of a lot better than I expected it to rightly be. I'm willing to let the whole "Imagin rewriting reality" thing glaze over the inconsistencies with Build though I do agree that taking Kuuga out of the timeline somehow making the Riders all fictional doesn't really jive with any of it logically. The Gaia Library bit with Woz I think they should have played more as a parody and just have it end up being his normal book with him looking up Den-O in the index or something and then reading it all normally. Also was kinda disappointed he didn't magically show up at the final battlefield to exalt the rise of Zi-O Kuuga Armor.

Also kinda disappointed they didn't take an opportunity to shoe in more Decade sub-plot since this should be long after he gets the Decade Watch, but beggars can't be choosers there. I do enjoy the bit of situational nostalgic irony that they finally get Ryoutarou's original actor to come back only for it to be the final portrayal for him. Though I do find it weird they had him running it as Urataros until that last split second on camera when his eyes changed back. Hopefully they do SOMETHING more cohesive with the Den-O arc in the show at least then. The fights were good, though I do think it was starting to drag in the middle and they didn't really do the whole Rider entourage thing as well as they could have. I knew they'd make the big push for the scene with everyone on their bikes, but I was hoping they'd work the other Riders in a bit more organically.

Overall I'm happy with what it was, and I suppose its only fitting that Toei go out on as bizarre a note for the Heisei era for movies as they came in on.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

RoxasXIII wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:39 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:44 am

That's not even true. Both of Build's V-Cinemas came out after this. Hell, the Grease one isn't even out until November.

That was really disappointing, especially after the quality of the previous 2 Heisei Generations movies, but I suppose it's what I expected from Zi-O at this point. The first half was kind of alright, but then it really went downhill. They made the brave decision of trying to somehow have both Build's ending and the Build episodes of Zi-O co-exist, which is basically impossible. We had Woz entering the Gaia Library for no explained reason other than they couldn't get Suda. We have Another Den-O saying 2007 despite being created in 2000. We've got the convoluted AU where Riders aren't real, which was apparently a dream? Except Sougo can get there using the Double Watch he got from that universe for some reason. These 2 alternate timelines exist simultaneously somehow.

The Heisei finale movie deserved better. All of Build's movies had so much more love put into them than this. Remember last year, where they had a plot that made sense? Which then actually tied into the series' plot in a meaningful way?

Was nice to get the Den-O guys back again, especially Ryotaro.
Spoiler
The Imagin are all confirmed for episodes 39/40, so right now that's all I'm looking forward to. Especially as yesterday's Kabuto part 1 was terrible.
the staff means the air date. this movie will be the last in heisei era

grease and zio solo movie already in reiwa date

still wonderinfg if sato takeru will be back again for den-o arc
Except the first New World movie came out in the Heisei era. Both the cinema release and the Blu-Ray.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:29 pm I guess the issue with Double is that they could probably only get one half of him?
Hmm, that's not really ever been an issue before.

>Except the first New World movie came out in the Heisei era. Both the cinema release and the Blu-Ray.

I don't know if the limited theater runs count, these things are categorized as direct-to-videos.
Bayushi-rei
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Build
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuya Iwanaga
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona

Post by Bayushi-rei »

I think I found an error in subtitling...maybe?

At 23:42, Ataru says "Kuuga came out the day before I was born" and Shingo replies with "So, today's your birthday?" despite previously stating how excited he was to watch Kuuga tomorrow, so either Shingo is waiting two days after broadcast to watch Kuuga (for some unknown reason) or Kuuga should come out the day after Ataru was born.

This is just something I picked up on my first watch through of the sub, so if it gets explained later in the movie, I apologise in advance, but I am not fluent enough in Japanese to have recognised it when I saw it in cinemas.
Currently watching:
Sentai - Dekaranger, Jyuohger, Kyuuranger.
KR - Faiz, Kabuto, OOO, Zi-O.
Other -

Finished:
Sentai - Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Lupin vs Pato.
KR - W, Fourze, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid, Build.
Other - Tokusatsu GAGAGA.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You're totally right. I had a brain fart. He totally says I was born the day Kuuga first aired. Well, let's see how quickly I can get a v2 out.

You know, I was totally afraid that we made some terrible mistake, since this had so many moving parts. But I'm surprised that it was something as minor as this.
Pemburu Fangire
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: "For God to be good, evil is an absolute necessity in this world."

Post by Pemburu Fangire »

I don't get it. Wasn't Kuuga out in 30th February and Ataru was born in 29th? Shouldn't it already correct? Also I found that you didn't put in lyrics for Fourze's opening theme when Agito's was playing in the credits and MV. Was that intentional?
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Post by Sonicguy001 »

Pemburu Fangire wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 am I don't get it. Wasn't Kuuga out in 30th February and Ataru was born in 29th? Shouldn't it already correct? Also I found that you didn't put in lyrics for Fourze's opening theme when Agito's was playing in the credits and MV. Was that intentional?
you're right. Kuuga DID start on the 30th of Janurary (I assumed you made a typo with the month). also I already mentioned on their facebook page that they forgot Fourze's Lyrics. not only that but they missed some Rider Kick stuff at the end that other subbers got to (though half of them WERE a cluster to hear)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Pemburu Fangire wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 am I don't get it. Wasn't Kuuga out in 30th February and Ataru was born in 29th? Shouldn't it already correct? Also I found that you didn't put in lyrics for Fourze's opening theme when Agito's was playing in the credits and MV. Was that intentional?
No, January 30. What I wrote had it flipped.

Luna said someone mentioned there were missing lyrics, but it was kind of vague so I didn't follow up on it. I don't use facebook so a forum message or an e-mail would probably get a more direct response.
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Post by Sonicguy001 »

takenoko wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:41 am
No, January 30. What I wrote had it flipped.

Luna said someone mentioned there were missing lyrics, but it was kind of vague so I didn't follow up on it. I don't use facebook so a forum message or an e-mail would probably get a more direct response.
that someone was probably, most likely, me. it's that when Agito's part is playing you can hear Fourze's theme. not only that but Excite is playing during Blade's Part (you can only hear EXCITE) though. also you missed some rider kick announcements at the final battle
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:01 pm You're totally right. I had a brain fart. He totally says I was born the day Kuuga first aired. Well, let's see how quickly I can get a v2 out.

You know, I was totally afraid that we made some terrible mistake, since this had so many moving parts. But I'm surprised that it was something as minor as this.
ehh he said "kuuga ga hajimari mai no hi ni umaretanda", not the first day, so theres no mistake isnt it?
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

I like how what Owner said about human memory creating time back in the OOO Anniversary movie was echoed again here. I think storywise, Ryotarou returning to being Satoh is because that is who Ataru remembers most fondly as Den-O. Thus his human memory brought that version of Ryotarou back.

Or, I could be talking out of my ass

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”