KR Zi-O 39 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:44 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Zi-O 39 released

Post by takenoko »

snowking666 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 am Based on what i read, the director said that Sougo went to similar experience as FOREVER but not the exact same.
Is that really what the staff are saying? Because...
A) That's incredibly stupid, even for a show aimed at kids
B) If viewers need to get an explanation from the staff for stuff that happened in the show, you've written and directed your show wrong

You guys explaining that Geiz has the Drive watch. No one would have mentioned it if not for the fact the show pointed it out on screen and was keeping an active count of how many watches Sougo had to collect. If that didn't matter, simply reduce all the numbers by one and don't include Drive.

Maybe they'll explain it later, like this episode sorta did with the Another Riders and current Riders co-existing. But man, watching the Marvel cinematic movies and hearing how the staff are very careful to try to make sure it all fits together and then seeing fumbles like the end of Game of Thrones or Zi-O when it comes to continuity, I dunno. Not everyone is equally skillful I guess in creating a world.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

In the opening of this episode, there is a production error. After Gaim attacked Another Den-O, can anybody see a freeze frame of three walls? That's actually OOO's attack which the shot was not edited properly.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, that's weird because that's not even the shot they used for the OOO attack
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's strange that the TaToBa kick had the debris anyway. Does Zi-O pull them from a moment in time? Because that only happened in episode 3 I think.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am It's strange that the TaToBa kick had the debris anyway. Does Zi-O pull them from a moment in time? Because that only happened in episode 3 I think.
Apparently so.

Sougo's final form copies the Rider's attack from an episode & makes the target relive said attack.

Build's Rider Kick seems to be from the first episode.
Kuuga's Mighty Kick seems to be from his last fight with Zu-Zain-Da.
Gaim's Orange Charge is also from the first episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:29 am Trinity was used in this episode mostly to remove riders to advance the plot and it frustrates me. Glad they double dipped on actors and got Zeronos back though.
So long, Trinity. You won't be missed.
BreadToku wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am I know I just wrote three paragraphs gripping about the literal first minute of footage and am aware of how ridiculous that is, but I can't help but feel like they have immediately dropped the ball on what could have rather easily been the main character's most triumphant and spectacular moment. ...Mind you, depending on how they do things in the next episode, I could either end up taking back everything I just said here... or realise there was nothing saving the moment from being underwhelming to begin with.
You made a really good point though. I sort of rolled my eyes at that scene too once I realized what was going on. But you're absolutely right: it totally undermines whatever happens in the next episode, when he finally gets to use Grand Zi-O for the first time. And your theory that it's all about the toy timing is the only thing that makes a lick of sense.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Probably they add a comment from either Woz or Oma Zi-O or anyone claiming Grand Zi-O is still not perfect to unleash full power, that is why they need to gain Drive Ride Watch through proper means.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 pm Sougo's final form copies the Rider's attack from an episode & makes the target relive said attack.

I think Sougo is not copying Rider attack like Decade Complete but rather calling the original rider from their original timeline. I mean why deliberately show the scene from the show if they are not the original rider. I know this one is a bit iffy as the timeline has been erased but this is just what my gut tell me.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 am -snip-
Honestly, you hit the nail on the head for basically everything about this episode i was a bit iffy on. Don't start the episode saying "He needs 2 watches to attain ultimate form" (and then repeat it a couple times in the episode) then have him obtain ONE watch and not explain why it's enough to attain the ultimate power. Sure, geiz's drive watch from the future is still there and sure he'll attain the drive watch in the Zi-O movie they keep plugging, but Woz the all seeing entity of Zi-O's history should at least tell us "Hey, this is how we cheated" instead of this nonsense.

As someone who hasn't seen heisei forever yet cause i haven't watched build yet, i'm kinda confused how they can know the denliner sound and it's importance and rush to it, but not know what denliner IS or anything about it.

and you've already explained literally everything about the suit reveal i didn't like in a more concise and eloquent manner than i'd be able to manage.

I liked how the Another Den-O was a siscon like the original Den-O though, that was fun. Geiz & Tsukuyomi's "Here we go again" sigh to eachother was nice. Also REALLY enjoyed Tsukuyomi having to henshin for momotaros like an angry version of fourze episode 1 with gentarou & [redacted].
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Tsukuyomi having to help Momotarus henshin also reminded me of Hana having to help Ryotaro henshin in Den O.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:44 pm Uhh... so is this episode in continuity with the Heisei Generations movie or what? I know different writers worked on both, but at least try to make it seem like the worldbuilding matters?
This. But then earlier Zi-O used W and Kuuga's armor in the show, so I think it would be weird to have some episodes of Zi-O be in continuity with HG Forever and others to not be?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i have a feeling it's going to be like one of the consquence things where like yeah you technically have them all but you still need to get/create drive watch otherwise your ultimate power will probably disappear..
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

My guess about the Drive Ridewatch is that while it is here, it's from the future so it will have to be created at some point or else it will have no reason to exist. It's a good way of going around the movie stuff to introduce the final form. The future Drive Watch will probably be destroyed before or during the movie, requiring them to get it during the movie, to explain why Grand Zi-O is only used during the final fight of the movie, like it is usually during all Rider movies.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Now I'm wondering, if Grand Zi-O is his final form, then what about the form that Oma Zi-O is using in the future?
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Another Zi-O's final form?

And yeah, I guess Geiz having the Drive Watch be the source wouldn't make sense. That'd be a closed time loop of it already existing in the future then get taken to be in the future with no original source.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”