KR Zi-O 42 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 42 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.67 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: Decade eats an orange

Alright episode. Best part was Decade or DiEnd doing anything (although no form change by Decade? Boo).

The rest was alright. Nothing mindblowing, but it is always fun to watch Sougo and Geiz make up again.

There's really no tension with Schwartz revealing that Tsukuyomi is his little sister since the viewer has known that for MULTIPLE EPISODES by this point.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 42 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good old Masahiro Inoue, eating while Sougo gets interrogated.

Schwartz has escalated the situation, agitating Ora in the process. I don't like that Heure came in the last minute, but that wham face was worth it.

If anything, more should've been spilled in the end. Like Tsuku-chan's parents or where her powers came from.

This new arc reminds me of Decade: All Rider VS Daishocker.

1- Protagonist (Tsukasa/Sougo) lose their previous/future position of power (Great Leader/Demon King) to someone who hates said protagonists (Tsukikage or Sayo/Hiryu)
2- Protagonist's partners don't trust them (Yuusuke/Natsumi and Geiz/Tsukuyomi)
3- Someone gets brainwashed (Yuusuke and Daiki) into fighting Tsukasa
4- Based on previews for the next episode, the movie's final battle

Ok-ish episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

The Zi-O TV Asahi site includes both Decade and DiEnd on the Rider page. It doesn't make sense to me consider both of them are guests who return for a few times.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

What? This is a THREE part arc? It got to the end and I was surprised. Nothing happened this episode.

The best part is Decade in the background. Its kind of sad that a character from a 10 year old show is more interesting than any of the original characters.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I was going to point out the weirdness of Swartz smiling in the release image, but I'm more concerned about Sougo begin dressed like a middle-aged golfer. Golfgom has finally defeated Kamen Rider.

The big reveal would have had some meaning had they not put it in the next time preview, and had people not worked it out weeks/months ago.
Spoiler
Next time Swartz betrays his comrades, so I'm guessing Ora and Heure will join up with Zi-O. It's a shame they don't have monster forms to fight with. Maybe give them Rider suits as a remould of Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi when they get around to making her...I kind of hope we get Another Zi-O defeated by Decade doing a FINAL ATTACK RIDE Z-Z-Z-Zi-O, but I suspect he doesn't have the Zi-O cards, even though the toy has them, as there's no Zi-O emblem on the Driver. Most likely we'll just get Swartz bitch slapping him.
Spoilers for episode 44, which got a plot summary today:
Spoiler
Looking forward to Aqua, since I guess when the Miriders came into existence, he got re-added to the timeline. Would be nice to see New Den-O too, but beggars can't be choosers. I like seeing obscure Riders appear. Another Drive is apparently finally turning up too, although it's looking like they're gonna get the Drive Watch in the movie still.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am What? This is a THREE part arc? It got to the end and I was surprised. Nothing happened this episode
Assuming a 1/9 start for Zero-One, Zi-O will have 49 episodes, so they had to have an odd number eventually.
decade368990 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am The Zi-O TV Asahi site includes both Decade and DiEnd on the Rider page. It doesn't make sense to me consider both of them are guests who return for a few times.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/
With their new Drivers it's possible they're counting them as new Riders technically. Toei's notoriously inconsistent. They count Ryugen Yomi (Yomotsuheguri Arms) as a separate Rider. Also Zangetsu Shin is considered different to Zangetsu but Genm Zombie and Claws Charge aren't considered new Riders.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm assuming Swartz just gave the other Jackers their powers and they aren't special at all, given the way he gave them to DiEnd.

Hopefully they actually fight him at some point. I don't really like how the Time Jackers don't really do much other than make Another Riders.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

I love this episode. Decade was the first KR I ever watched and I've been waiting forever to see him transform again. So cool!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:32 am So I'm assuming Swartz just gave the other Jackers their powers and they aren't special at all, given the way he gave them to DiEnd.

Hopefully they actually fight him at some point. I don't really like how the Time Jackers don't really do much other than make Another Riders.
The Time Jackers as a whole have been pretty underwhelming so far, given we're a month a half from the end of the show and we currently know basically nothing about them, although I assume we'll finally get some backstory next week. Still though, considering they're all face villains, this is a surprisingly-small amount of exposition.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am holding out hope that Heure and Ora will turn baby face and they and Tsukuyomi and Geiz will combine their time mazines into a Megazord to beat up Ultra-Schwartz, but I know that is wishful thinking.

Does this mean that Tsukuyomi could give Geiz and Uncle Timejacker powers if she wanted to? Maybe Uncle could get a color single color wardrobe?

Another stupid idea for a scene that will never happen: Kaitou is defeated by the riders and has to give back the Rider Watch. He stumbles away and is in a dark alley in the rain. Just when it looks like things can't get worse, three new enemies appear: The Patrangers!

I LOL-ed when Sougo brought back "magenta not pink" even though it was only in the .5 episodes.

While on plot devices that will never happen, none of the rider watches that Sougo has are from female Kamen Riders. This means that Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi could use (at least) Poppy, Kivera, Zanki Classic Shuki, and Femme.

Edit 1: Shouldn't Kaito be allowed to use some of he stuff that he has stolen earlier? Kaito has White Woz's book of plot cheese, so if he wanted to he could write in the book and make the other characters do anything he wanted. And, since he now has Timejacker power, he could stop time and then leisurely write in the book.
Last edited by resop2 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Zanki Classic? Do you mean Shuki?

There are actually loads of female Riders she could potentially use. Aside from the ones listed, there's also Amaki, Larc, Nadeshiko, Mage, Malika, Idunn, Dark Necrom Y, Dark Necrom P, Jam, and Ride Player Nico. Plus a couple of others who weren't the primary users of the powers.
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Don't forget that Ora killed the woman that Sougo loved, leading to... absolutely nothing. Oh yeah, this is shit writing.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:34 pm Don't forget that Ora killed the woman that Sougo loved, leading to... absolutely nothing. Oh yeah, this is shit writing.
I mean, Sougo's obsession with a lady he met for 30 seconds as a child was ridiculous in itself.
Seen:
Kcet
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Kcet »

Just wanted to point out in the opening scene, When Sougo says that Geiz would defeat him if he ends up becoming a evil Demon king, the subs say "tun"instead of "turn". On the HD version, didn't check out the SD or HD720 files.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ah nuts. Will have to do a v2 when I get home
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:02 pm

There's really no tension with Schwartz revealing that Tsukuyomi is his little sister since the viewer has known that for MULTIPLE EPISODES by this point.
There really is no tension whatsoever, with this being an alternate/temporary timeline, that in the end most likely only Sougo, Tsukasa, Daiki, Schwartz and maybe the other Timejackers will even have been aware that it happened in the first place.

Putting the imouto confirm here feels especially weak to me, with it having no impact on the real/main timeline Tsukuyomi.

Oh well, guess we need the filler arc, that thinks it is important, before going into the finale proper.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”