KR Zi-O 42 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Re: KR Zi-O 42 released

Post by RoxasXIII »

decade368990 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am The Zi-O TV Asahi site includes both Decade and DiEnd on the Rider page. It doesn't make sense to me consider both of them are guests who return for a few times.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/
because they both have new driver
Ridebeat
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Video Game
Quote: The law of victory has been set
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Ridebeat »

I'm so confused. When Geiz perform the Revive Shippu's finisher. The "Hyekuretsu Time Burst" translation was wrong. Hyakuretsu means "Hundred-Fierce" according to my friends who lives in Japan.It's not "Scorching" or was this your style to translate it ???
Last edited by Ridebeat on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh right, got to fix tun.

Thought he said shakunetsu. Hmmm, if it's Hyakuretsu I'm guessing it's a reference to Hokuto no Ken's attack?
Ridebeat
Adventure

Post by Ridebeat »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 am Oh right, got to fix tun.

Thought he said shakunetsu. Hmmm, if it's Hyakuretsu I'm guessing it's a reference to Hokuto no Ken's attack?
Yeah, the name of Revive Shippu's Finisher was indeed "Hyakuretsu Time Burst" and Revive Goretsu's Finisher was "Ichigeki Time Burst". I've found the kanji version of those words and I've confirmed it according to my friend.
Ridebeat
Adventure

Post by Ridebeat »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 am Oh right, got to fix tun.

Please fix it :D :D :D

Ohh, and don't forget about Hyakuretsu Time Burst part :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Did you notice that Tsukasa had some form of "Instax" Camera / Printer on him?

He didn't have that before, right?

Before, he had to develop his pictures, or am I mistaken?
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Interesting episode. I'm surprised this is not a 2 episode arc, about time Zi-O starts ramping up towards the finale. I don't know how this arc will impact the story leading up to the finale but this feels beefier and has more impact.

Tsukasa is entertaining to watch as always. This episode somehow feels like a Decade episode, with the Riders sorting out their shit while Tsukasa just watches in the background, interfering as needed. Please Toei, from now on till the finale, let Decade & DiEnd do a whole lot more than just background observers. Speaking of DiEnd, watching Kaito shoot the Riderwatch from Hiryu's hand and then run off like an inexperienced burglar is so cringey. He's supposed to be this master thief, but there's nothing tactful nor skillful in storming an enemy ground upfront, steal some shit, then run off without a proper escape plan and got caught. C'mmon Toei, you can do better.

I like the character moments between Sougo & Geiz, a good reminder of how far both of them have come together. Geiz is still a meathead, but at least this episode he listened a bit more to his heart.

Tsukuyomi should've froze the Another Riders from start and run off. Isn't she supposed to be the smart one in the group?

It's unclear if Kaito is now brainwashed or still acting on his own accord. Seems like he's just been given the Timejacker power and not under mind control.

Hiryu is seriously cardboard villain that I just don't care.

4/5 Episode
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

The big thing in this episode, to me anyway, was Sougo convincing Geiz to his side. I liked the scene enough while watching it, and it's nice idea to begin with, Sougo talking about how rocky their friendship started, reminding us of how far the two have come together since then, and also proving that their bond has carried over somewhat despite the timeline being changed.

Now that I think about it a bit more though, it's a little flawed when I realised that ever since the Sougo and Geiz put their differences behind for real... we've never actually seen how they interact as just friends very much, if at all. It's not that surprising since all that time was spent doing tributes alongside returning actors, but this episode definitely would have landed stronger for me if we got to see for ourselves how close our lead riders were outside of those key episodes. That being said, I still found myself touched by the scene, which I guess goes to show how well those key episodes did their job.

It does look like now we're getting some focus and even revelations about the Timejackers! ...But I'm sorry to say that this is very much too little, far too late. For 40+ episodes, these villains have never done or said anything to make me even remotely interested in them. I can't even call it wasted potential because I've never been led to think there was potential from them in the first place. Also their time-freezing powers are ridiculous in how they can seem all-powerful in one moment and then utterly useless in another.

But honestly even if that wasn't the case, I still don't think I'd care too much about Tsukiyomi's connection to them. And even if I did, I don't understand the logic of having both last week's preview and this episode end on the hook of Schwartz revealing to her that he's her sibling. Like, I know she doesn't have her memories and this is definitely a huge shock for her, but it's not at all for the audience so they shouldn't be trying to frame it so dramatically.

I won't be satisfied with Decade until he has turned into every other Rider in the last ten years that he hasn't yet!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This may have not been the most active episode of Zi-O, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the first episode in months that I excitedly downloaded and watched the moment it was available. When this show isn't trying to drown its audience in unearned nostalgia, the characters and the plots are actually pretty interesting.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

decade has a gun....your argument is invalid!

its all fun and riders kicks until decade shoot someone

final atack ride: h-h-h-headshot

i need use those quotes in next posts...

btw, hyriu is meaningless, i really dont care about this guy, his reasons are so stupid and bland.

another zio2 time powers are dumb too and grand zio being totally beaten dont make any sense, plot isnt the focus on this series, this is sad.

decade was the best part of episode, even toying with bread was more entertaining than sougo/geiz bromance.....
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

When your biggest draws to the episode are the Riders from the last anniversary season 10 years earlier, you're definitely on the wrong track. Repeating the whole memory loss/alternate timeline crap makes even less sense than it did before, not even touching the most basic of basic stuff like "Why are they even in the present if not going after Sougo", "How does Tsukuyomi know to use her time powers here", and "How does Geiz have Geiz Revive if Hiryuu rewrote history", since of course Toei can't possibly be bothered with their own in-season canon at this point.

Also Grand Zi-O has to have the biggest, fastest power drop off of any final form we've ever had. There is no reason whatsoever that Another Zi-O II should be stronger than it in terms of time manipulation, especially when Grand Zi-O's introduction fight had him spamming time abilities left and right. Heck they don't even offer up the same paltry excuse of the Drive Watch not being properly claimed as weakening it or something, they just don't bother explaining at all.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”