Blackfox: Age of Ninja

It's more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Blackfox: Age of Ninja

Post by Lunagel »

Ah, derp, excuse me for not paying attention. Searching a little harder, it looks like the movie is gonna premiere on cable channels in Japan first, but with them already marketing in English I wouldn't be surprised if there was a release stateside.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:50 amit looks like the movie is gonna premiere on cable channels in Japan first, but with them already marketing in English I wouldn't be surprised if there was a release stateside.
They've gone straight to VOD, as it turns out. Amazon, iTunes, Google, the numerous Japanese equivalents, etc. In this case I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Meanwhile, it doesn't look like they've managed to license it to anyone. No licensees have been announced even now that it's out (Crunchy took the anime, but not the live action movie). And more tellingly, all of the English (and other foreign language) marketing material has been pulled from the website. I get the impression the whole project may have gone sideways a bit; the anime went from a series to a movie, and the live action movie didn't attract any foreign interest.

Anywho, if no one in the west is going to license this, is there any chance that TV-N could pick it up?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh that's a bummer. Can't promise anything, just a maybe

Return to “Other Heroes”