Okay let's see...

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above

How do you find the current video quality of SS and KR

Poll ended at Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:08 am

It has greatly improved, keep it up.
60%
It has improved, thank god.
12%
It has slightly improved.
No votes
I don't see a difference.
28%

Total votes: 25
darkaura
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Type: INFP Healer

Okay let's see...

Post by darkaura »

Hello this is Darkaura. The self proclaimed Teckie of TVN. I just wanted to get your feed back with the last few episodes of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider. Just to make sure what we are doing now is making some sort of difference. Please vote.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Okay let's see...

Post by DaVinci030 »

It has greatly improved the quality, especially the resolution. Back then it was 1440x1080 for TV rip, and the stream was fully 1920x1080. But it has tiny differences.

One is the sponsor screen w/o sponsors, yet you can enjoy the music for 10 seconds.
Two is the transparent TV Asahi logo on the top right of the screen was removed, not just that but news marquee like ANN and other tokusatsu adverts on the bottom as well.
Three is the opening in case the series' movie is coming out to theaters. You might have seen the footage of the upcoming movie on TV but the streams will always be sticking with the usual opening.

HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

It's most definitely better. Aside from general video quality, the TTFC versions are basically the Blu-Ray versions. Better quality, and also cleaner. No TV Asahi logo, no clock (Although that's been gone since the timeslot change anyway), and none of the random promotional stuff on screen. The only thing of value that's really lost is the movie footage in the opening, but that's worth the loss. And also that footage is just annoying on a rewatch anyway when we have access to the movies.

So yeah, keep doing what you're doing. This is much better than TV rips, and it means there's no need to do a Blu-Ray version in the future.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

I liked that you guess finally go to webrips, although considering you still included the ads in the CM, I was kind of hoping you could of done the op which would include events in the movies in the CM part.
NightdyneMesa
Quote: Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by NightdyneMesa »

I like it a lot. I guess the other parts that were lost can be included in CM/Extras.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As one of the people originally encouraging you guys to try out using WEBRips for the weeklies, I'm really happy with how things have turned out. It's a bit difficult to do A/B testing since there aren't comparable versions of any given episode, but the WEBRip encodes are looking really good. I haven't seen any moire issues since the switch, and visible macroblocking is down as well. Which means the picture is sharper overall, which is great.

Overall the poll results don't surprise me - you need a good monitor to pick up some of the differences - but the general improvement in picture quality is nice.

Meanwhile I wasn't actually anticipating this as impacting the openings or closings, so that's an interesting side effect. We don't get the SHT bumpers or the promos over the sponsor credits. On the other hand we also don't get telops, and I certainly won't miss those.:lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I've been adding the sponsor stuff to the CMs for Zi-O. There just wasn't any SHT bumpers this week as far as I know, maybe I missed the ones in the past?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:35 am I've been adding the sponsor stuff to the CMs for Zi-O.
Yeah, I think a few of us have noticed that? I feel kind of bad; you guys end up having to cap twice to get all of that.
There just wasn't any SHT bumpers this week as far as I know, maybe I missed the ones in the past?
I actually can't think of the last time I saw a SHT bumper. But I also don't pay them a ton of attention. So no need to worry about them if you thought I was making a request; it was just a side observation.:)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ah cool, I wasn't sure if I missed anything previously, so glad to hear that's not the case.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i love the commercials! Also love the quality!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

New quality is great!

Return to “Tech Support”