Ryusoulger 31 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:47 pm

★★★★★
No votes
★★★★
25%
★★★
42%
★★
17%
17%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.71 / 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: It's another Red/Gold episode

Admit it, you're here to watch Nada and Bamba grunt as they stare intensely at each other.

Man, the rules for how the KayakiSoul works is so arbitrary

Yes, explain to the dumb kids more about what it means to be posessessed

I'm only at the beginning, but they better have some reason for Koh not being affected by the music. You know, as far as bad guy schemes go, being forced to dance doesn't seem too bad. Like red and gold don't even really need to put their team to sleep.

Why does being in the sky make you impervious to being slapped around with NobiSoul? Not to be the Cinemasins guy, but how does that make sense?

Oh great, it's another red/gold episode

Admit it, you're here to see Koh shirtless

What this is a two commander episode?

I feel you goldy, why didn't you get the armor of the week?

So ummm... when Koh went to catch the Ryusoul some stuff came out of his back. It sort of looks like the same base footage for when he's flying with the Piitan armor.

Koh looks cool in the armor, but I'm so sick of how a Sentai isn't a Sentai anymore. There's almost an armor for every member at this point, why don't we have ad ifferent hero powering up instead of giving red the armor and mecha each time? I just don't understand, is this a mandate from up top to only have red do anything in Sentai anymore?

Koh, can you put a shirt on...

3 of 5 stars for me. The fact that characters that aren't red or gold are dispatched so quickly and that red gets all the power ups and mecha just take all the fun out of watching the episode for me. Oto and Piitan at least helped break up the sausagefest. I'm surprised they hired a guy to be the monster of the week victim considering he has no backstory and it's basically just a walk in cameo.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 31 released

Post by Lunagel »

Horray, another Red-only power-up. That was completely unexpected and totally necessary and not at all dumb.

Koh, we're all begging you. Shirt back on man.

Apologies for the lateness of the episode this week, we were waiting on the effects from the typesetter who had a busy work week this week.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

hey Koh, put on a shirt. You're not Daigo level of sexiness for the ladies

As for the plot of this episode, meh. I don't mind a party but this is a dumb plan our bad guys came up with today.

The Nada fighting Gaisorg from within well, felt a little dragging on since I think the kids know how it works by now.

As for the new armor, hey Koh why not give it to someone else. Romeo over there could have used it against the castle looking dude.

3/5 nothing spectacular, but nothing frustrating at least
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Everything was alright again, I guess. Once again, there was a totally superfluous and unnecessary monster-of-the-week mixed into the Gaisorg stuff, though unlike last week, I thought both elements weren't that great here. I mean, all that really happened with Gaisorg is that everybody fought him all day and nothing really came of it. And with the MoTw, there was nothing more to it other than them fighting and destroying it.

A rather underwhelming debut for a brand new mecha. YokuRyuOh is the third of the stand-alone transforming mecha, so I assumed that it would be a big deal, but I honestly think both Pachygaroo and Cosmo Raptor, despite being more add-ons, had more substantial and memorable debuts. It is a very, very cool-looking mech though, and I hope it gets better moments to shine later on.

Honestly, I liked Koh in this. I thought the scene when he ripped his bandages off and transformed actually made him look pretty cool. I totally get why people are sick of him debuting and hogging all these power-ups all the time, and I'm definitely of the same boat, but I don't necessarily hold it against Koh himself.

Though honestly as interesting as I've found Nada's story, I am ready and hopeful that next episode will be the final chapter of it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Once again Koichi Sakamoto delivers the goods on the action, but the plot needed to bring everything together was lacking.

I won't prattle on about Koh getting power-ups, but that's pretty much the core issue undermining this episode. Despite the fact that he just got slashed in the back by a wound that can't be healed with magic, he's basically okay in this episode after 5 minutes. At which point everyone except him and Gold are conveniently sidelined.

Somewhere in here is a Gaizorg plot, but because it's the B or C plot, it gets lost in the shuffle. Proving that Koh was right - that Nada is not completely gone - is a plot element that could have made for some good story telling, but it feels blunted by everything else going on. Instead, Gaizorg seems to mostly be here to fill out the episode and to give the rest of the team something to do while Koh gets his new toy. Which is frustrating coming from the end of the previous episode. I can understand keeping Gaizorg as a background element rather than making him a one-and-done villain taken care of in a two-partner, but the story needs to be meatier to make it work. There's no meat here, at least not this week.

Meanwhile, everything about hatching the new mecha was just kind of painful. It doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the episode, and at this point Oto seems to be Kleon/Wiseru bait for as often as they menace a recurring character. I'm also kind of getting tired of the trope of having characters that are inanimate props that the poor actors have to bob around; it looks terribly unnatural.

The mecha fight itself was okay. This is going to sound like an odd complaint, but it almost feels like they were simultaneous trying too hard and not hard enough here? The ice set is really pretty, and it goes well with the bird-bot's blue and transparent color scheme. But turning Tokyo into ice? It's hard to swallow, even in such a fanciful series. The big sin here is that the new robo doesn't actually fight anyone; since the MOTW is all CGI, all of the live-action portions are just a guy doing stunts. It's underwhelming for the debut of a new robo. (Also, is it me or does the new bot look a hell of a lot like KyouyuuGold's? I mean they're both flying dinosaurs, but they're so similar that it feels like the entire model and transformation sequence was lifted from Kyouryuuger)

At least the ground action was great. I mentioned last week that Bamba's actor is killing it, and he doubled down on the killing this week. That untransformed sword fight with Nada was short, but it was fantastic. The dude is giving 110% both in his stunt choreography and in his stoic characterization.

The Koh/Canolo fights were good as well. While there wasn't much in terms of "fancy" camerawork, they did a really good job of framing. And of course, some nice wire-fu to go with the flying power-up.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 pmMan, the rules for how the KayakiSoul works is so arbitrary
I literally rolled my eyes at that one. This is why you don't introduce magical "solves everything" plot devices; you then have to come up with stupid reasons for why they don't work this time. So the problem isn't so much this specific episode, as much as the fact that the damned thing exists at all and is now getting nerfed.
Why does being in the sky make you impervious to being slapped around with NobiSoul? Not to be the Cinemasins guy, but how does that make sense?
Arguably, it's because they were fighting a supersized MOTW with ground weapons. But even then, it's flimsy at best.
So ummm... when Koh went to catch the Ryusoul some stuff came out of his back. It sort of looks like the same base footage for when he's flying with the Piitan armor.
Those are jet trails. They're something of a Koichi-ism. But normally they're only used for heroes that specifically have flight or jets, e.g. Fourze. I don't know why we're seeing them before Koh dons the power-up.
Lunagel wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:46 pm Horray, another Red-only power-up. That was completely unexpected and totally necessary and not at all dumb.
It really wouldn't have been so bad if not for the fact that they got the boxing power-up just 4 episodes ago (in another two-parter), and Koh has been hogging it since then.
Apologies for the lateness of the episode this week, we were waiting on the effects from the typesetter who had a busy work week this week.
There's really no need for the apology. But thank you all the same.:)
Kurokage X wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:13 pm hey Koh, put on a shirt. You're not Daigo level of sexiness for the ladies
As much as the shirtless red thing is a running gag now, it's kind of the truth? As the front page image is here to remind us, Daigo's actor was chiseled. Not necessarily big, but the dude had a well-defined torso. Koh's actor is in better shape than most people in the world (and I'm sure there are some mama-sans that would like to get their hands on that body), but it's not nearly as impressive.

It also doesn't help matters that this episode isn't nearly as impressive as the Carnival arc. Daigo got a rockin' insert song, a much better plot, and some untransformed fighting mixed in. This episode is clearly trying to recapture some of that, and it's not really working.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

This YokuryuOh is already the last robot they get. And I won't be surprised if Tyramigo, Mosa Rex and this guy combined and yet only Red and Gold in the separate cockpits, just like Gigant Kishiryuu Oh. Yeah, Kamen Rider Ryusoulger indeed.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

is Yokuryu a red only power up? i think not, its just Koh is going to hog it. It'd be nice if the writers watched Gaoranger to understand when a ranger meets and bonds with a new mech, THEY KEEP THAT MECH and NOT fork it over to their Red. I was happy when Melto got and used Pachygaroo, but then just gave it to Koh whos used it forever more. I Thought the Souls bonded to the Knight in question?

In anycase, If we see a Ryusoul Violet or if some how the Gaisorg suit becomes a power up, its kinda meh. and at this point Gaisorg is much more interesting that the main villains who we know little to anything about at this stage. Like we dont even have a master mind behind them, the reason why Cleon is abused by the generals YET is integral to them making MOTWs so shouldnt he be more respected?

Koh shirtless wasnt anywhere near as cringe as Takaharu. lol maybe more Sentai members would be a bit more shredded if they brought back the swimsuit episodes in the summer! lol
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, Gaizorg? I still argue that his name should be Gaisoulg in the light that his weapon is the Gaisoulken lol.

>Meanwhile, everything about hatching the new mecha was just kind of painful. It doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the episode, and at this point Oto seems to be Kleon/Wiseru bait for as often as they menace a recurring character.

I welcomed this break from it being the montony of just being a gold/red episode. I mean, why is it like this nowadays? Is it just a budgetary saving thing to avoid paying for all the actors?
Arguably, it's because they were fighting a supersized MOTW with ground weapons. But even then, it's flimsy at best.

Okay, if that's the case, just make it so Nobisoul can't actually reach the monster. Instead we see it get deflected by arbitrary shields
Those are jet trails. They're something of a Koichi-ism. But normally they're only used for heroes that specifically have flight or jets, e.g. Fourze. I don't know why we're seeing them before Koh dons the power-up.

The reason I ask is because if the chest piece were cgi, it almost looks like they introduced the jet propulsion thing too early. Maybe they can fix it by just saying the steam is coming out of his back wound haha.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The Pterodactyl form of the robo is goofy looking. What's the point of the egg form other than another dumb gimmick? At least the robot form looks sweet. I can't wait to see the final mecha when it combines with all the others Tyramigo.

Why did he have to use the power up twice? He had it on, and then it went away and then he used it again in the cockpit.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Some of this felt oddly episodic for something directly after such a story-driven prior episode (which I admit is rather odd for me to say, as others had referenced the same issue last time). A bunch of the episode was pretty fun--Koh using his shirt as a makeshift weapon was creative, the water tribe having thicker eardrums felt particularly clever and I thought the new Kishiryuu-Oh looked fantastic--but it still felt a bit too style-over-substance for the stakes established last time. The lack of music at the beginning dumped a lot of the drama from Bamba and Nada's fight, and the white-armored Druidon pops up for seemingly no reason, to say nothing of the implications of even temporarily freezing over a city. Every once in a while Ryuusoulger will have a flash that indicates that it was meant to be something more, but maybe it still isn't sure what that something is?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

I feel bad to post this because I'm kind of late, but I would like to let you know that 720p is missing all effects associated to HieHieSoul.

The ones I notices are :
15:17 (HieHieSoul)
16:22 (BlizzardDinoSlash)
18:05 (Yokuryuu-Oh)
18:54 (HieHieSoul)
19:02 (Yokuryuu-Oh)
19:22 (Yokuryuu-Oh Blizzard Storm)
20:56 (Yokuryuu-Oh Blizzard Claw Strike)

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”