Ryusoulger 39 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm

★★★★★
73%
★★★★
27%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ryusoulger 39 released

Post by PHurricane »

As far as Ryusoulger (and, frankly, the past few sentai) is concerned, I've been following the rule of thumb that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

This was, by far, my favorite Ryusouger episode and possibly my favorite sentai episode of 2019. I loved how (almost) every character had a thread of their own carrying through the episode. Asuna going into berserker mode because her Christmas cake(s!) were taken away. Bamba's awkwardness with not!Venus and threats to Melto to keep his mouth shut. Melto barely keeping his mouth shut while also deflecting Oto's flirtations. Canalo still not handling Oto's attempts to date very well, and the utterly devastated expression he gets when he realizes Akari may be romantically interested in Bamba (and vice-versa). On the other hand, Towa was oblivious to quite a lot which, which led to some genuinely humorous moments. Oto was back, continuing her pursuit of Melto and hanging out with kids that look close to her age, even if she's supposed to be significantly older than them. Even Tyramigo (plus the other talking Kishiryuu) got to help set the trap to find the Minusaur's host and then party with the kids. And as others pointed out Koh mostly faded into the background until it was time to have a mecha battle, at which point he became the focal point of the show. (Whoops, almost slipped into something negative).

Bottom line, sentai is about a team of warriors, and it was nice to see a script recognize that and try to give each character a moment to shine. Ironically, I think Ui had the least screen time of the regular cast. I can't even remember if she was in the episode.

The guest actress drove me nuts. I knew I knew her face and her voice, but I could not place her until she did the V symbol near the end. I literally smacked myself on the head when it finally clicked who she was. Excellent work for those who spotted Kupi and Artemis. I had to rewatch that scene after reading through this thread. It's amazing how obvious it seems in hindsight with the way Bamba is playing with Kupi.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and a happy new year!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hey Phurricane! I was thinking of writing you an e-mail to see what's new with you.

Great post as always! LOL, good point about not saying anything negative. But then what would I have to post about with the way recent sentai has been going???

Honestly, Ryusoulger isn't a bad series. It's just not great because some of it's bigger flaws, but it has some fun moments and good characters when they're allowed to shine.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Better episode than most. Bar is pretty low though.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Bamba once again proving why he's the best character in this damn show.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Disney2123
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Euphoria
Dreamy: Megumin
Favorite Actor?: Ellar Coltrane and Hugh Jackman
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Otakus. Anime and Tokusatsu
Quote: Frankly, This looks cool.
Type: ESFP Performer
Instagram: jaden.torralba

Post by Disney2123 »

The opening theme was glitchy for a split second. :|
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Best ep of the series so far, HANDS DOWN.

oh my fucking god, laughing my ass off every 5 minutes. this was great.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”