DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by DaVinci030 »

Finished this 48-hour overall game last night in normal mode and I will possibly play it again in hard mode. (This is my second PS4 game after Horizon Zero Dawn)

I have to say, this game was amazing and well made. Especially battle system, additional story materials, epic cutscenes, and epic remixed soundtrack that fits in the game. This fills with nostalgic moments that I won't forget, especially the main characters.

Square Enix did manage to grab the piece of elements from the original. Great job on that, Tetsuya Nomura and the staff of FF7R. I know they've started working on the next part as stated by Tetsuya but I'm looking forward to it. I dearly hope the development won't be taken another five years from this post.

Will definitely recommend this game for anyone who are heavily interested in this game more than just FF7 fans (especially those who are new to Final Fantasy).

If you're done playing, what do you think of this game? I'm puttin' up the ratings poll.

Before I end this post,
Spoiler
check the reaction from Aerith's English VA on how she feels https://twitter.com/TheStrangeRebel/sta ... 2976957440 (little spoiler ahead).
And I just realized the Japanese voice actor of Reno has passed away due to cancer.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by Catastrophe »

It's shit.

It's padded out too much. The added extra content and stupid side missions really show how thin they are stretching the Midgar portion of the game. The fact that Red XIII isn't even playable is a huge cop out. You've effectively taken something that took 6 hours in the original and padded it the fuck out. How many parts is this going to be overall?

I don't have a problem with the core gameplay. It's solid and each character is great to play as. It also adopts a nice modern spin on things like the materia system.
Spoiler
The biggest issue is the whole timeloop/whispers of fate bullshit. Nomura can't work on anything anymore without making it needlessly complicated and stupid.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:52 pmThe fact that Red XIII isn't even playable is a huge cop out.
I know the feeling,
Spoiler
even as a guest character for last two chapters.
The little issue I had is the party changing on the menu.
Spoiler
instead of taking the elevator in Hojo's lab
Knowing it's a very huge development with Unreal Engine and stuff, I hope Red XIII will be playable in the next part.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm sure he will be. I get in the context of the story and based on the original, it doesn't make sense to make him a playable member, but I figure they'd use most of the assets from this game in any other versions, so why not programme him now and use that later.

I've started hard mode, and there are some little things in it that are different dialogue wise. Cloud and Barrets banter in the first chapter and against the Scorpion is a little different, so I imagine it'll be the same right the way through.

Return to “Games”