Project Thouser Part 1 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Project Thouser Part 1 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Project_Thouser_Part_1
Next: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=24467

1) It's a clip show
2) Was looking forward to learning about Naki, but they gave them no characterization or personality
3) Fuck you, Toei. This is what you give people as a bonus for buying your Blu-ray? Do better

Edit: What, this is the guy who wrote the Brave special too? But he wrote the wedding arc for Zero-One which was pretty funny. What happened here?

Also, what's with the weirdly violent nature of the direct to video shorts? It's so tonally off putting.

Every time I'm reminded of Toei/Japan's creepy gender problems I feel gross. The treatment of Naki and Yaiba along with the meta treatment of women as characters in Rider shows in general is just too much sometimes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Project Thouser Part 1 released

Post by Catastrophe »

For the annual bonus Blu Ray special, I didn't have any expectations and I was still disappointed.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Thanks for the work! Can't wait for Geiz Majesty!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

2:34 - Weirdest 1000 reference ever.

I can't even give Naki a proper gender at this point. Naki can either be a guy or girl which might be intentional (but again it's Toei so clever moves aren't their thing).

So I'm wondering now if Fuwa had two chip implantation surgeries. One being the initial one before the show started and the second one during the time he was in critical care so Gai could put Naki's data in the new chip to have another tool.

I never noticed this until now but Gai has a cat figure on his ZAIA desk.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I was looking at Gai's desk, it looks like the stuff changes from this and in the tv series?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Not bad, it bring out interesting things for the first arc of the main show. It kind of remind me of Fire Emblem Three Houses where you think everything is because of one group where instead it's two groups seemly working with each others but also trying to cross each other. It bring dimension to the show.
And more Naki, which is too much underused for now, but maybe it will change now with that happened in the main show.
Speaking of Naki, how do you refer to non-binary people? He/She/It? Personally, I would go with the birth gender, but they might disagree.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

So I haven't downloaded one yet, but I noticed that the SD and HD files for this have different filenames & CRC codes but both seem to be the same size. Is this right?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me slaps face

So I looked at one, saw it was HD and gave it the HD label. Looked at the second one, saw that one was also HD, but got confused and went "Okay, I got them mixed up". Change the first one to SD without checking it again and then released it.

Sorry guys!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mandalori wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 am Speaking of Naki, how do you refer to non-binary people? He/She/It? Personally, I would go with the birth gender, but they might disagree.
Generally non-binary people will tell you their preferred pronouns but "they" is usually an acceptable generic
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So plural as neutral?
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

Gai basically went "you want to live with a human, be my guest" at the end there. Poor Naki.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

is there a reason we're Calling Satellite Zea, "There". I swear the name of it has been shown on screens. It's really odd and weird to keep seeing that??
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Because you can read it as There, like with Waz (Was) and Iz/Izu (Is).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 pm is there a reason we're Calling Satellite Zea, "There". I swear the name of it has been shown on screens. It's really odd and weird to keep seeing that??
Because all the Hiden AI stuff are named after English words:
Is
Was
Siesta
Satellite There
That (the name of the voice for Aruto's 3D printer)
Ark

or they're puns based on their job.

I imagine Is is named that based on a Japanese interpretation of "I think, therefore I am". There is probably just named that because it's far away, lol.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Okay, so Thouser was plannned right before the series begin like Zero One, only not ready to be produced.

Next up, Scorpion is an animal, not insect. That's what internet said about it. So, the reason Rampage Gatling did not include Rising Hopper as part of the power was merely the fact that it is an insect. Shooting Wolf, Biting Shark, Rushing Cheetah, Flaming Tiger, Punching Kong, Flying Falcon, Lightning Hornet, Freezing Bear, Sting Scorpion and Breaking Mammoth are animals? Wait a second, hornet is a type of wasp/bee. Now that's weird. Oh well. This isn't worth questioning.

So this first part would conclude that right off the start, the data for Thouser was made from all the progrise keys from AIMS and Zero One including Rising Hopper, which would then extend to Assault Wolf, Shining Hopper and Shining Assault Hopper? It's a bit confusing as to how combat data from Rising Hopper would get leak to be part of Thouser. Was it from Naki who access the data through There? Or was it from Raiden who did it? Man, research is such a complicated process that you even gather things from afar. I understood well for other progrise keys since the jacking data from Zero One and Vulcan, Valkryies keys, and the data from ZAIA's progrise keys were stored with ZAIA to make for Rampage Gatling was compiled by Gai. By the way, I just now realised that they spell Cluster in episode 22 as Cluaster in the monitor that Yua used at Metsuboujinrai.net's base.
Phoenix512 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:37 pm So I'm wondering now if Fuwa had two chip implantation surgeries. One being the initial one before the show started and the second one during the time he was in critical care so Gai could put Naki's data in the new chip to have another tool.

I never noticed this until now but Gai has a cat figure on his ZAIA desk.
My thoughts exactly. There's like major discrepancy for this part. If Naki was dead right before the series started, then it's understandable but she was alive from episode 1 to 8 while off screen. The only possible explanation that I could think of was that her chip or rather the content/program data of her chip was added to Fuwa's chip that he had right from the start. If you put the assumption that ZAIA and Hiden's technology are far superior than real time like now, such absurd thing like uploading data from one building to another at 1 giga bit per second at 30 km away would be possible even from remotely in 50 km radius, for example. This is just my theory for this part.

I rewatched some of the episodes, but the cat figure that we saw from one of the angles was showing its bootie.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”