Kiramager Episode 09 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2020 12:15 am

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kiramager Episode 09 released

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:46 am It's just the one thing that niggles at me week to week about Kiramager. Everything else is so good, and then there is this one little, which should be inconsequential bit that kills the mood.
In retrospect it's definitely intentional. I think it's off-putting to us in part because we normally interpret it as a sign of bad writing, and that the writers worked themselves into a corner where they couldn't make the moral of the story properly land. So we treat it as an error. But when they're doing it on purpose, is it still a flaw?

I don't know if this is a sign that we're taking it too seriously* and this is supposed to be satirical, or if the writers have some kind of ulterior motive in mind. It is, if nothing else, the weirdest damned Sentai since Akibaranger.

* Bear in mind that this was an episode where a guy in a spandex suit is making playing cards explode
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean it's Arakawa who's been writing toku since the late 80s early 90s. He might just be steering into the unexpected/unconventional to shake things up/get experimental
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

True. Shouldn't complain about having a good sentai for once.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well I don't know if I would say she's necessarily bad at the Game, she got the first two pretty quick, and slipped with the 3rd (which was still almost right, 50:50) because she was to hasty, but the rest of the Episode makes it look like she's bad.

Because honestly, that whole "I fake to the wrong Card"-Thing would only work that often, and she should have figured it out after a few games.

But since the whole Episode revolves around that Move, she couldn't overcome it in the Past, since there wouldn't be a Plot anymore.
Instead they just focused to much on making the whole Episode about her Agility, which makes it look like she's bad, by inflating the Fake Out-Strategy as so brilliant that she couldn't beat it.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”