Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Complete series discussion

Post by takenoko »

First, I'd like to thank everyone who helped complete the series on the tracker. Seriously, is this series so hated that it had to be this hard?

Personally I really enjoyed it. I liked the story driven focus on family and liked how the characters interacted with each other.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Huh, it's back up on the tracker? Didn't know that, I tried to get that show for long time but couldn't. I saw a couple of ep and wanted to see more. I am planning to get rest of it since now that I know it's up now.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Dr. Who 07
Adventure
Favorite series: Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Magumi
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dr. Who 07 »

i liked it
i've yet to see all of gransazer or justiriser i can never get good enough seeds
but i'm getting sazer x again to catch back up
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

i quite enjoyed the series, wasn't the best show by far, had its funny moments and it also had its cringe worthy moments, you just couldn't hate the space pirates as they were so inept for the most part, i'm guessing the major let down of the series had to be the movie, personally i hated the movie, it just seemed to be put together in a rush without thinking the story line through fully,

I would recommend that people should give the show a go, will interest you for the most part, would give the show a 6.5/10 rating, may give it another watch should i manage to clear my somewhat large back log of subbed shows.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Kiva
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Mikie Hara :)

Re: Complete series discussion

Post by Kiva »

It did was a nice serie. But I didn't liked the suit designs, maybe because Justirisers designs were so great...
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

well i seen GranSazer which kinda got me teary-eyed when Tendo ''died'' and came back
and Justirisers was really good but i haven't seen Sazer-X
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

Dark Ichigo wrote:Tendo
Tenma? The guy who makes the "who farted?!" face when he gets angry?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I love Gordo. It's so ridiculous having this random white guy running around saying "Yes, Captain!" all the time.

I want to go to Japan and be the Random White Guy in some series someday.
spincutEdge6272
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
Favorite Band: Guns N' Roses
My boom: World of Warcraft
Quote: "The sooner you accept your position as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it." - Lady Deathwhisper

Post by spincutEdge6272 »

The series is my favorite out of the Chouseishin series because of the humor-focused direction. The Space Pirates and their antics were fun to watch, as were the relationships between the Sazers. However, the battle scenes and the mecha fights seemed drab and uninspired, despite the epic-ness a starfleet-on-starfleet battle is supposed to bring.

Still, it's unique because of its humor and stands out because of it. It's really the only Chouseishin series among the 3 that I can consider a favorite over some Sentai and Rider series.
"You have to merge with that dragon."
O RLY NAOW?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

spincutEdge6272 wrote: However, the battle scenes and the mecha fights seemed drab and uninspired, despite the epic-ness a starfleet-on-starfleet battle is supposed to bring.
It's odd to hear you say that, because I thought Sazer-X had really cool mecha. I liked the concept of Core-Braver being a mobile mecha while stuff like Magna-Beet was like a tank. I also liked Shark-Leaguer's mobility, despite being a large mecha.
spincutEdge6272
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
Favorite Band: Guns N' Roses
My boom: World of Warcraft
Quote: "The sooner you accept your position as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it." - Lady Deathwhisper

Post by spincutEdge6272 »

takenoko wrote:It's odd to hear you say that, because I thought Sazer-X had really cool mecha.
Yeah, I think that too (Drill Angler's my favorite. A drill, on it's chest?!? OWNAGE!) and I also like the massive many-on-few star fleet battles, but something about the execution seems... "raw". It's not as flashy as the mecha battles in the modern Sentai series (it's more like the mecha battles in Bioman, Changeman, etc.), but it seems kinda slow for me. I cite episode 36 as one of the episodes with somewhat-slow fights, although it's redeemed by the Takuto-Blaird scene near the end XD
"You have to merge with that dragon."
O RLY NAOW?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Ugh, Drill-Angler is my least favorite mecha. If you look at it from the wrong angle, which is most of them, it looks really pathetic. His arms are tiny, his head is oversized, and he's just... I dunno. Wrong-looking. He's also not an identifiable animal, nor does he make sense for either pilot. I like Adle-Eagle a lot, though.

I think the spaceship scenes are so weird because they're just shots of the model being animated afterwards in AfterEffects or something similar. The shots in-atmo seem to be mostly moving shots of the model, however; Shark-Leager in specific gets a lot of treatment this way, when he flys in. You can see the perspective changing. So those are real shots. The rest is static shots moving around through animation.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Just completed Sazer-X yesterday

It was an amazing series lots of comedic bits in this one and I kinda get choked up on the social ones with Takuto-tachi with their feelings and doubts especially with episode 20 or 21 with Kane's situation of killing Takuto was really a shocker to me and also shows some character development with Ado. The first part he was serious almost cold when we first met Takuto being hard on hard on him and then the later part of the show his cold attitude began to loosening up by taking a look of the society and made him want to protect the present era.

Takuto and Blaird were one of a kind characters who experienced some hardship like to trying to prove their kin/leader and also proving who's better

Awesome show but a end of the Toho series
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR: 555
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Den-O
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Ant Crown »

I watched the Movie before I got to the rest of the series...

Honnestly I know Angry Video Game Nerd and Nostglia Critic can crap out a better show than this. The Movie was Uwe Bowl bad.

The biggest dissapointment: NO TENMA!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not a bad series, but not the strongest of the trilogy either. Honestly, it doesn't feel right to compare this series to its predecessors in the Chou Sei Shin franchise. Its humor-driven tone was very different. Still enjoyable, but different. There were moments where the characters exasperated me, but for the most part they were easy to connect with.

Its biggest weakness - ignoring the movie - was the ending. I wasn't really happy with how the writers resolved the problem of changing time, but I'd give them points for effort.

Return to “ChouSeiKantai Sazer X”