Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Versus Road- 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 423 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Oh right, this is a Garo show

It was alright. It felt like Garo, but like a bad imitation? Like why are the Makai Priests so lame in this. The CGI building is cool, but inside it's just an office with a bunch of TVs?

I never felt bored, but it seemed like a lot of work to learn very little about Kadou Azami and Hagiri Shousetsu. I mean, Azami doesn't even have a personality. She was just born evil. She's evil incarnate. Like why they didn't just smother her in the crib is beyond me. It's like Jedi Council training Anakin in the ways of the Force dumb.

Kind of a brutal episode with kids like cutting their own throats or each other's. I'm going to be annoyed if the twist behind the battle royale is that you can't get Garo by being fucking evil.

Minor disappointment that they couldn't get Ward Sexton to do the narration at the beginning.

Priest Kadou is kind of wasted. She's only here to give Azami her family name (maybe concealing who the last Garo was?) Given the weirdness of the Garo mythology and the cynicism, this feels like a Yami wo Terasu Mono prequel. My not-so-bold prediction is that this series will reveal why Garo has lost his gold in Yami.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: Garo -Versus Road- 09 released

Post by Xirix »

That's a slight variant of Makai Senki music when he's trying to pull the sword from the stone right? Hell yeah. Neat episode, but why these Guidance Hall people think having a 100 person death match with kids and teenagers is a good idea to get the ULTIMATE GOOD ARMOUR is beyond me.

So has Hagiri just been developing Versus Road for 20 years with Madou coding? XD

This could well be just before Ryuuga, though didn't they say the reason Garo was black in that is the previous title-holder used up all his power to beat something strong, and that's why the gold left? It's been a while.

Oddly enough, the first thing I thought (and it might be a stretch) is that this is after Raiga's stuff. Wasn't Mayuri's whole deal that she had a horror absorbing power? (it's been a while) It's possible Azami is her kid because she's full of nasties.

Also I guess Number 55 is alive (and probably that one guy in the next ep preview), so I suppose he was the one who emailed Nagusuke. Kinda a shame, I was hoping for some whacky tie-in with an older jaded familiar Makai Knight or something.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

That picture used to announce the torrent's availability . . . I've seen that empty warehouse set before. It was used in Kamen Rider Ghost. Ghost and Spector fought Necrom for the first time in that warehouse. Check the torrent if you disagree.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Sefiros wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am That picture used to announce the torrent's availability . . . I've seen that empty warehouse set before. It was used in Kamen Rider Ghost. Ghost and Spector fought Necrom for the first time in that warehouse. Check the torrent if you disagree.
Just the standard toku warehouse. Nothing too special about it
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

cant wait for the end of the season so I can put a gif in twitter of all the scenes with garo in it... I bet it wont be that long
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

If this Makai tribe's training knights like this, Jinga/Amily may as well conquer the world these "knights" live in.

Eh-ish episode. Shousetsu's start of darkness is bland and establishing Azami as evil incarnate is mundane.

I learned this recently: Shousetsu's actor, Tomomi Maruyama, was Anji/the shitty monk from the Rurouni Kenshin movies.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Guess it says something that I don't remember that character at all. Looks like he was also one of the butlers on Mei no Shitsuji
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I really liked it up until the end when it jumped 20 years. Like they just randomly meet up again and he's already made the online game. It would have worked better if they left together as kids.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:50 am I really liked it up until the end when it jumped 20 years. Like they just randomly meet up again and he's already made the online game. It would have worked better if they left together as kids.
Yeah, what really is the point? What were they doing for 20 years? The dude tries to restart the corrupt Makai Knight order with video games and Azami was out fucking up the world???
Vim Crony
7X
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Post by Vim Crony »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:50 am I really liked it up until the end when it jumped 20 years. Like they just randomly meet up again and he's already made the online game. It would have worked better if they left together as kids.
AGREED! It would have been so much more interesting to have had them both developing the game and growing up together being all gothic and stuff.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

What if Versus Road is a Prequel to Yami wo Terasu Mono and Azami is the daughter of Raiga and Mayuri from Makai no Hana?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Seems unlikely since Mayuri has a son who eventually inherits the title of Garo, but the Yami prequel thing seems possible.

Return to “-Versus Road-”