decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

PlayStation 5

Post by decade368990 »

Anybody watched the hardware official trailer already? It looks slick. I didn't predict the design was not the dummy version which was released earlier.

I hope this console doesn't suffer extreme heating which damages the disc sensor, resulting disc automatically force eject like my PS4 console.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Catastrophe »

Why do the insist on displaying it standing? It's so big, who has an entertainment unit that could hold it like that?

Like any new console, I'm not going to buy it at launch and wait for the price to come down and for there to be some games I'm interested in before picking it up.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

Maybe it's a change for so many years of not standing vertically.

So do I. I'm not gonna buy a new console on the month they officially launch the sell. I'll wait for the most stable batch which the machine doesn't suffer extreme heat.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I saw some images from the chinese announcement that shows the things on the side opening up for more airflow when the cpu needs to work harder.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

That means the machine this time won't hurt the cpu as it heats up?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

No way of knowing until it's actually released. I doubt it though. Not having a super dedicated cooling system guarantees it will.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

Sony has finally announced the release dates. North America, Oceania, Japan, South Korea: November 12, 2020 and the rest of the world November 19, 2020.

It's expensive for us to buy the first batch: Base is US$499 while Digital is US$399.

I ain't in a hurry to get one. I can wait until next year.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The $100 tag in an attempt to kill physical media is such a blatant play. Plus the announcement that game cost is increasing is scummy. Posturing to make everything as service in the future and control game prices plus kill the 2nd hand market.

I've never purchased a Sony console until a couple of years after release anyway, so I'll hang back and wait for a library to build up and prices to drop.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

Is Sony going to make a pro version in the next few years?

Which one will you get if you're buying a console a few years later? The regular or the pro?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

decade368990 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am Is Sony going to make a pro version in the next few years?

Which one will you get if you're buying a console a few years later? The regular or the pro?
No one knows, but if there's a pro one released, I'll probably get it?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

They'll make some kind of updated version. All the companies have figured out people will double up on the same console for generations now. It's guaranteed.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 am No one knows, but if there's a pro one released, I'll probably get it?
Why do you prefer the pro version?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

GRAPHIXXXX!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

decade368990 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 am No one knows, but if there's a pro one released, I'll probably get it?
Why do you prefer the pro version?
I mean, isn't it kind of obvious? It'll probably be more powerful and faster. Nothing's luxury like getting back from a monster hunter and waiting a minute for the rest of your friends to finish coming out of the load screen
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:28 am I mean, isn't it kind of obvious? It'll probably be more powerful and faster. Nothing's luxury like getting back from a monster hunter and waiting a minute for the rest of your friends to finish coming out of the load screen
If I play GTA V single player on the PlayStation 5 pro version, does that mean I don't have to wait at the load screen time longer than I think? Considering the pro version has better functionality than the regular version.

Return to “Games”