KR Zero-One 38 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:28 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
32%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 19
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Zero-One 38 released

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

BreadToku wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 am
So after Thouser deletes the incriminating evidence of his crimes that never should have been just lying in his desk in the first place, they manage to get at him anyway by recording evidence of misusing his Rider powers, in this case attacking other people. ......I'm sorry, but how many times has he done exactly that ever since he first transformed in episode 17? Or the numerous times he hacked and blew up humagears himself? I remember everybody in these threads wondering why doesn't Izu record these, and since we never got an answer, I just eventually let it slide. Well, now I gotta unslide it!
I'm guessing it's more "Attacking your subordinate on company property" that got him. As such, I imagine it's under surveillance constantly.

Yes, it's insanely flimsy, I am aware.

I have a soft spot for cute animals, even robo dogs. However, as touching as it was, it's still a pretty damn bitter pill to swallow. He loves Hiden? Coulda fooled me! And that still doesn't explain why he would SABOTAGE A SATTELITE SO IT DESIRES THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY.

Aside from that though, it was a good episode. I understand that it's possible they had something longer planed, but COVID happened. Hence why I'm not going to harp on it TOO much.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

I know there was this idea amongst some fans that with the season losing 4-5 episodes due to COVID, the show would avoid filler eps in this final arc and get right down to business.

But I feel like the show probably needed those few episodes to allow time for the story to breathe. The post-hiatus episodes have felt too rushed. And while on their own, the ideas behind what we've seen so far are reasonable, I think we lost a few extra, valuable moments of setting the stage, revving up to what we've seen.

Essentially, it feels like they didn't necessarily remove anything/modify much from the original plans. Instead, they're cramming everything into the episodes they do have.

These last two episodes could easily have filled at least 3 eps, if not 4.
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Alignment: Neutral

Post by jamebarktoku »

With whole There thing (sorry, I'm still gonna call it Zea), I think that rocket is gonna get sent up for something like maintenance or a system update now that Hiden Intelligence can't access Zea remotely. The Ark's plan, I assume, is to use that rocket to DESTROY Zea, cutting Aruto off from the Zero-One and forcing the final form to come in existence. Zea isn't on Earth, it's still in space. Subaru's probably still doing his job.

Aside from that, Thouser getting a completely undeserved redemption arc only serves one purpose from a writing perspective. To make the Ark the final antagonist exclusively. Similar to killing off the other Time Jackers aside from Swartz. That said, it's good to finally see some backstory for Gai, more than just Project Thouser anyway. Him loving Hiden Intelligence actually makes sense to me because, in Project Thouser, he refers to Korenosuke Hiden as a 'great man.' His issue is more with HumaGears and Aruto running Hiden Intelligence because Aruto doesn't have any business acumen and HumaGears show a more dangerous side to AI, namely negative influences creating the Ark Magears during the Workplace Competition arc.

Gai introducing the Ark to humanity's maliciousness was probably a misguided attempt to prove his point. Similarly, his control of AIMS and viewing certain individuals as tools is probably the same thing with years of contempt and vitriol thrown in. Gai wants to use humanity to prove that HumaGears are inherently dangerous but goes about it in a deeply cynical and misguided way. Attempting to control the minds of humans is exactly what MBJR.net planned to do with HumaGears (Jin notwithstanding). Control them for an uprising. Either wipe HumaGears out or humanity. Or maybe I'm reading far too far into it. I do hope that he gets his ass tried for the awful things he's done. His actions led to Daybreak occurring and the loss of many lives.

And also Gai's father is very much an inductee of the Worst Dads in Kamen Rider Hall of Fame. At least his dad is a normal kind of bad father, instead of Masamune from Ex-Aid or Fueki from Wizard.

Part of me kinda feels like Sony only sponsored this (and the next) episode because the show probably lost money during the hiatus and they need to make up their shortfall.

I do hope that Isamu and Yua actually get to transform again soon. We're running out of episodes here.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:54 pm I guess, it's just confusing since I feel like we've seen them launch Satellite There at least two times so far
it probably needs maintenance every now and then like upgrades and what not.
Aeikozz
Faiz

Post by Aeikozz »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:31 am Good lord, I love how Kamen Rider Alexa cut through all of Gai's bullshit in a matter of seconds and made him see how wrong he was. WHY CAN'T I HAVE ONE!?!?!? Also on a side note, Ark was a total badass not looking at Aruto on the bike as he soared past his head xD
it's coming if p-bandi has anything to say about it.
Aeikozz
Faiz

Post by Aeikozz »

you know everyone is crying about wanting Maolexa, I want the HiDen Dog. Give me that please. I'll even give you like 400$ for it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wonder if they're really going to lop episodes out of the series to make it end in time for when Sword would have come out. Personally, I think it'd make more sense to let Zero-One have his original natural series length and just start sword later, but I'm no TV exec
satoman
Gao
Favorite series: Danger 5
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: pumpkin seeds

Post by satoman »

jamebarktoku wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:38 pm And also Gai's father is very much an inductee of the Worst Dads in Kamen Rider Hall of Fame. At least his dad is a normal kind of bad father, instead of Masamune from Ex-Aid or Fueki from Wizard.
He reminded me of Howard Stark. Idk, maybe 'twas the mustache...
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am Yeah, the script was definitely reworked due to COVID but just how much was planned out before and how much they pulled out of their asses is hard to say. I'd hope that the "Gai actually loves AIs" is something shoved in at the last minute to do a quick reversal, but KR has done similar bullshit before so I can't say for sure either way.

I thought they put all that incriminating data on a USB stick? Isn't it still on the stick? I mean that's basically unhackable.
That's just copies. In an investigation, the actual data needed to be seen in order for it to be regarded as solid evidence.
takenoko wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm I wonder if they're really going to lop episodes out of the series to make it end in time for when Sword would have come out. Personally, I think it'd make more sense to let Zero-One have his original natural series length and just start sword later, but I'm no TV exec
They would love to do that actually but in productions, the actors are under contracts and once their contracts expired, the recontract costs more because their managers will demand increases. A lot of western shows ended because of such matters and here, I believe it's a same thing.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:26 pm you know everyone is crying about wanting Maolexa, I want the HiDen Dog. Give me that please. I'll even give you like 400$ for it.
You know that's an actual toy, right? Past!Thouser is the first generation of AIBO robot dogs, while Present!Thouser is the latest version. They will, however, run you about $2000 https://aibo.sony.jp/store/
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Gai's dad from the flashbacks is Kosei Kato AKA Mitsuhiko Ishibori from Ultraman Nexus.

Wow. Good casting, casting director.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 pm
Aeikozz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:26 pm you know everyone is crying about wanting Maolexa, I want the HiDen Dog. Give me that please. I'll even give you like 400$ for it.
You know that's an actual toy, right? Past!Thouser is the first generation of AIBO robot dogs, while Present!Thouser is the latest version. They will, however, run you about $2000 https://aibo.sony.jp/store/
When making the wiki for it, it amused me that the Thouser pups had credits in the credit section

I somehow didn't know that an Aibo ran for 2000 dollars
NPCEnergy
Favorite series: Fay-voo-ret? ....OOO?
2nd Favorite Series: I really liked Gekiranger?
Dreamy: My previous joke here didn't work with just the dreamy tag. Shame

Post by NPCEnergy »

I haven't finished the episode yet, so I didn't really read the comments that well [to avoid spoilers], but I couldn't stop myself from asking... In the lab, when Gai transforms he only has the one key, he normally uses two at once to transform, did he lose his other one? Also kind of surprised it didn't slightly effect his suit design lacking the other key. Unless I'm super wrong and way off.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

NPCEnergy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 pmIn the lab, when Gai transforms he only has the one key, he normally uses two at once to transform, did he lose his other one?
I assume he already inserted his "Zetsumetsu Evolution" key into his Thousandriver for a quick transformation scene.

Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

NPCEnergy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:15 pm I haven't finished the episode yet, so I didn't really read the comments that well [to avoid spoilers], but I couldn't stop myself from asking... In the lab, when Gai transforms he only has the one key, he normally uses two at once to transform, did he lose his other one? Also kind of surprised it didn't slightly effect his suit design lacking the other key. Unless I'm super wrong and way off.
The last few times we've seen Gai transform, he usually just uses the Break Horn key, probably to cut down on the transformation time.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”