Kamen Rider:Memory of Heroez Video Game

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider:Memory of Heroez Video Game

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine they don't care given that they must sell enough to justify the meagre budget. Your market is either children who don't care as much, or starved adult fans who will get it because there aren't many rider games. They'll sell regardless.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

You won't find any company willing to make anything other than a cheap tie-in game because it would not make the money back.

Just be glad Rider games are at least somewhat decent, as opposed to Sentai games. I'm one of the morons who bought the Lupinranger vs Patranger Switch game.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:28 pm Just be glad Rider games are at least somewhat decent, as opposed to Sentai games. I'm one of the morons who bought the Lupinranger vs Patranger Switch game.
Care to give a mini review of it? What was so bad about it?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

What's the age rating of this game? Just curious
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://www.cero.gr.jp/en/publics/index/17/

It's Cero B or age 12 and up
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:23 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:28 pm Just be glad Rider games are at least somewhat decent, as opposed to Sentai games. I'm one of the morons who bought the Lupinranger vs Patranger Switch game.
It's a mini game collection with about 5 actual mini games, just repeated over and over. That's it, that's the game. Also on the same day it was released, they released Ultraman Rube and Hugtto Precure games which, to my knowledge, are just asset flips of the same game.

Here's an hour of footage of me playing it if you want to see the game in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGSEgn0MRU
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haha, wow. That's pretty bad. Just some still images and a LVSP skin on some cheap mini games indeed. Glad I didn't buy it now

I vaguely remember the JustiRiser game being decent? Or was that Gransazer?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm 80% of the way through.

I feel like most of the issues with this game is the choice to have a tv/movie director direct the game. Granted is Sakamoto, you really can't go wrong with story or action with that dude around. The game feels like they were making the maps and assets to it thinking it was going to be an open world game where you explored the ten sectors with each section having a 'dungeon' of sorts in it. Since however they wanted to make this very story driven they baby caged you. Which is probably why the story is pretty good. The combat is also very solid. There's a lot you can do in combat. The super focus on story does hinder the chances of side quests and thing of that nature. I would love to fully liberate an area then have a few side quests to do there using all the abilities given.

The wiki is missing a form. 'FangJoker' is a separate rider from W. Sort of like how Joker is in game. I would add that in but for some reason I'm blocked from doing so. Don't know why.

I want this game to succeed. I feel like this is the case where if they know what they need to focus on in the next game they could actually make a great game.

I haven't hit the end yet but I'm pretty sure this game is just going to be a solid 7/10 from me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Added. Not sure why you'd be block. Do you use a proxy or something? Maybe someone else was abusing it and it got banned by accident
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Games finished. I guess I should do a bit more indepth.

So I noticed sections in the early game where there was more level created but thanks to the baby cages you couldn't get to them. That just tells me during the early part of the game they wanted it to be open, there's a section in the Forest Sector that could be jumped up to with Gatkiriba's High Jump. Also... why give us a bunch of movement options like High Jump, Flight, and Luna Reach if we never got to use them. I think they got the game greenlit with these areas and movement options. Then when they brought in Sakamoto he pushed the game in a very linear direction.

Early game is insanely easy, however the boss difficulty does ramp up. I probably died to the final bosses over a half dozen times. I feel like there should have been a game director with Sakamoto to explain what makes adventure games like this fun. I do hope we get another game like this though, but with way more improvements. Maybe have the next one focus more on the current rider so it doesn't feel shoehorned in. Zero-One added less than nothing to the story aside from some awkward humor at his bad puns.

7/10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, they have you use the high jump like once?

Also to clarify, I believe Koichi is only credited as the director for the opening music video. I don't think I saw his name on anything else? I might be wrong though?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:07 am
takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:23 pm

It's a mini game collection with about 5 actual mini games, just repeated over and over. That's it, that's the game. Also on the same day it was released, they released Ultraman Rube and Hugtto Precure games which, to my knowledge, are just asset flips of the same game.

Here's an hour of footage of me playing it if you want to see the game in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGSEgn0MRU
Wow, that's a lot horrible than I expected. Apart from being paid to add some lines, I wonder what the cast themselves think of this game. For me, I couldn't even say I wanted to play it, especially with the mario and rockman typical game where you go collect stuff in just one directional plane. Given how we have the game like angle scenes on the series, I prefer something like Kingdom Hearts 2 FM concept being put on for these series as well. But this? Oh my god, this is very much like an arcade game but played at home.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”