KR Zero-One 41 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 41 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.44 / 5 stars (16 votes)

Alt Title: MetsubouJinrai Reaches the Singularity?

Pretty enjoyable time. It's good to finally see MetsubouJinrai act of their own volition for once. Thankfully Ark only comes back to life once instead of reviving on a weekly basis. I wish I could attribute it to some restraint on the creative leads' parts, but I'm guessing it was thankfully truncated.

As a result of everyone being an actual character, this episode felt like it was full of good moments. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever get to see Naki do anything really cool in this series though.

It's nice to see some of our Humagear friends again

Notes while watching:
-Wait, why is Ikazuchi working with MetsubouJinrai again? I thought the whole point of the manipulation is that he really was back to normal

-Jin lost a fight against Horobi? Horobi never even got an upgrade...

-Is that a repurposed Fourze astronaut suit?

-Man, is it me or is this episode especially stylish? There's a lot of little moments, but I'll point at the way Horobi disappears by slashing the ground
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 41 released

Post by Xirix »

Oh, no no no no no no no I do not like that next episode preview. Ahh!

This episode was bloody great though, was great seeing Horobi and Aruto fighting together too. ^^
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'd be more worried about Is if they hadn't threatened to kill off Aruto just an episode ago. You gotta show some restraint, Toei!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Who uses Ark versus the Ark phrasing?

Post by takenoko »

So me and Luna had an argument in chat about this, so I thought I'd clear some things up. Only followers of Ark use the phrase "the Ark", it's a sign of reverence. This isn't in the Japanese, it's something that naturally arose from translating it. Was useful in Docbot episode where he switched between washi/boku to show Jin was controlling him.

Jin is a traitor so he obviously doesn't use "the Ark".

Since Ikazuchi reached the singularity and turned traitor a couple episodes ago, I initially had him saying "Ark", but Luna points out he's a follower again here, so either he got brainwashed, or the writer just forgot this character moment. With this guy, either seems possible. Anyway, as he's acting like a follower I switched it back to "the Ark".

I misinterpreted the preview last week to mean that Horobi had turned traitor from Ark, that's why he doesn't say "the Ark" last week, but I was jumping the gun. He's still a follower at the start of this episode.

Anyway, hope that clears things up!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really enjoyed this episode. Lots of good shit happening. Gai realising after all his bad PR, even after a change of heart he shouldn't be the one to produce Humagears again was great. They should have had him be good for longer, he's more enjoyable this way. Seeing the old Humagears was nice as well, although I wish it was Fuwa who talked with the doctor as a throwback.

Great development for Horobi. He only really turns against Ark when it makes its declaration that it's going to wipe out all the Humagears. Horobis dream is still the same mission he's had all along, and its of his own violation and it makes a change from the usual 'previously evil rider becomes good' we've seen a lot of.

Raiden was easily the best part of the episode. I don't know why he wasn't used that much the whole show considering he's a pretty great character. Hijacking the Mammoth module to blow up There was fantastic.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I notice that in the opening, they've changed to crediting Aruto as Zero-Two, not Zero-One. I guess Toei does consider it a different Rider.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 pm I notice that in the opening, they've changed to crediting Aruto as Zero-Two, not Zero-One. I guess Toei does consider it a different Rider.
That's weird, but I guess a good detail. Does this mean that's it for the original Zero-One we knew and all his forms and keys?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Makes sense. I know for the toy you modify the base driver, but for all intents and purposes it's a separate thing. Given how they only really use the final form it's not that big deal.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Oh yes, Horobi rocks.

But the preview for episode 42.. That's just... Ouch. Didn't that happen to Poppy in Ex-Aid too? Whether the plot twist would occur, that's up to the remaining episodes that had already been filmed to be aired and answer this question.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I love how Ark was the new Thouser, thinking he can beat Aruto when he's in God Mode 2.0 (for all of five seconds). Also, did they REALLY need to have "ZERO TWO BIG BANG" be said THREE TIMES IN RAPID FIRE SUCCESSION??? I mean I've heard of an echo before but that was just painful. As for what's about to happen this weekend, WTF WRITERS WHY ARE YOU GOING TO STAB ME RIGHT IN THE FEELS WITH THE FORCE OF THE CRUCIATUS CURSE!?!?!?!?!?!? Q_Q
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just want someone to do an Anime Hell style clip when Aruto asked Horobi about his dream to replace Horobi's voice with Bender in Futurama when he said "Kill all humans".
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Horobi is just so cool. I feel like an excited five-year-old whenever he just comes in, says a line in the same tone of voice as always and effortlessly martial arts his enemies into exploding. That might sound sarcastic but I honestly am constantly surprised at myself by how much I like him for just doing the same 'cool villain' thing that so many fictional characters have done before.

Horobi's reign of terror isn't over yet, and that kinda led me to thinking that I wish Thouser was still a bad guy. Not just because Gai's redemption was garbage, but then in this endgame, we'd have a human villain and a humagear villain for our human and humagear heroes (AIMs and Jin) to go fight while Aruto is busy tangling with the Ark.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 pm I notice that in the opening, they've changed to crediting Aruto as Zero-Two, not Zero-One. I guess Toei does consider it a different Rider.
That's weird, but I guess a good detail. Does this mean that's it for the original Zero-One we knew and all his forms and keys?
It's likely because they've debuted it so late in the show that they need to show off nothing but Zero-Two now to be able to sell the toys.

I'm sure come the Saber crossover in December and any future appearances, he'll be back to using Zero-One. Technically there's nothing stopping them from just making another Zero-One Driver.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Will the reason why Izu gets killed is because they have developed a way to get Aruto's sisters (who he didn't know that he had) out of suspended animation and it turns out that Izu is Aruto's younger sister?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

BreadToku wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:50 am Horobi is just so cool. I feel like an excited five-year-old whenever he just comes in, says a line in the same tone of voice as always and effortlessly martial arts his enemies into exploding. That might sound sarcastic but I honestly am constantly surprised at myself by how much I like him for just doing the same 'cool villain' thing that so many fictional characters have done before.

Horobi's reign of terror isn't over yet, and that kinda led me to thinking that I wish Thouser was still a bad guy. Not just because Gai's redemption was garbage, but then in this endgame, we'd have a human villain and a humagear villain for our human and humagear heroes (AIMs and Jin) to go fight while Aruto is busy tangling with the Ark.
When I realised how cool Horobi is despite his lack of screentime, I regret not placing preorder on his figuarts. Now he goes like twice the price. Damn it.
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 pm

It's likely because they've debuted it so late in the show that they need to show off nothing but Zero-Two now to be able to sell the toys.

I'm sure come the Saber crossover in December and any future appearances, he'll be back to using Zero-One. Technically there's nothing stopping them from just making another Zero-One Driver.
In toy matter, Zero Two Driver is just the front plate of Zero One driver replaced with another plate that has extension to the left side to activate the Big Bang finisher.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”