KR Zero-One 43 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:14 am

☆☆☆☆☆
91%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
9%
No votes

Total votes: 23
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Zero-One 43 released

Post by takenoko »

> I have a good feeling that by the end of this episode, Aruto has come to the harsh realisation that he's been making a huge mistake.

I just finished playing The Last of Us 2, and you know your writing has problems if a Toei kid's show has a more subtle message that revenge is bad than your triple A game

>The action and direction is on-point, those close-up shots of Ark-One where everything around him goes dark never stopped being cool because they're used for maximum style points.

Oh yeah, I love those moments too!

>topside facing upwards, or if they just repeatedly dropped it until it looked that good.

Maybe they lucked out, maybe they just cgied it. If Robocop can spend hours catching a set of keys, they can drop an ear piece till it lands right side up

>And as kinda corny that it looked, I liked the added special effect of the flames and his 'wings' on the ground making him appear like a downed bird.

Ah yeah, noticed that too. RIP Phoenix boy
Catastrophe wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:53 pm So, if Jin was completely destroyed last time, what's to stop new ZAIA guy rebuilding him?
Shhh, don't think about it too much~
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I guess this is the last episode for Thouser, Valkryie and Jin rider forms then.

I look forward to see the end of this.
Spoiler
Wow, they really have a new front plate on Zero One Driver for Horobi. Japanese Assault Vulcan? I know its coincidence and not intentional but it just had to abbreviate as JAV that also means something else :roll: :roll: :roll: .
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

saw on reddit : "so zero its another history about a failed comedian who fall into dark, this says a lot about our society"

i really loved how history keep evolving on this episode but FFS horobi using one force riser being totally bitch slapped by ark one and even tanked one finisher being needed one second finisher to kill him and jin dies using a more armored form from a single finisher without be harmed before? i totally understood jin sacrifice and how this set up things for next episode but was strange.jin death/sacrifice was amazing but feels strange horobi tanking everything while jin was one shotted.

interesting thing ark one remotely perma disable yua and fuwa henshin capabilities while thouse just have his driver crushed, probably isnt hard to gai 3d print another driver on zaia while fuwa and yua are defenseless

IMO azu its the final boss, she dont liked when aruto face her plus on background was creating lots of ark one keys. if zea downloaded himself to izu its possible that ark did the same on azu and aruto and horobi are just pawns on ark sick game.
Last edited by PDA on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:45 pm What even is this show? Does Jin has the realisation that anyone can become the Ark and doesn't think that getting himself killed would cause Horobi to become one?

I'm still not buying the fact that Aruto is so angry that he'd willingly become the Ark to murder a bunch of Humagears. It's completely against what little character they've had for him the whole show.
aruto dont just murdered humagear, he did that on first appearance on full power super villain entrance(against enemy humagears) but on 43 against horobi, he tried hold back and just punch and push away humagears, horobi intentionally hit some humagears to try hit aruto

plus, in a kamen rider series...inst sin fight back people/humagears when all them transformed and pledge ally to villain, humagears just zetsumerised and tried beat aruto and even so ark one hold back without finishers on MOST THEM (first move he just break THROUGH a lot them) but they tried take him down...

so far i remember ark one dont killed a single blue headset(good humagear) since ark one debut.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Its similar to a family drama like Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.... In that case, Rohan tried to test his father whether the latter truly cared and loved his adopted son, Rahul who go eloped with a girl of his choice instead of the one recommended/engaged after a few years of parting. You know... He was testing Horobi but tries to hide that intention from everyone around him.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Aruto's credit in the opening has changed again. It's gone from saying Zero-Two to not crediting him as Kamen Rider Ark-One. Noa's credited only as Azu too, not Izu. It's nice they're bothering to update that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Neat. I never actually bother paying attention to the actual credits.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

After Howl mentioned it, I started noting the interesting changes on the wiki's trivia section. But I tend not to pay attention to it either
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Sure please do change it.

Not a thing is to stop Zaia from rebuilding him.

I'm still kinda pissed they still trying to reinforce this Izu is gone, frfr guys.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

And then we'll learn that There has upload itself and Izu inside Thouser dog.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:45 pm What even is this show? Does Jin has the realisation that anyone can become the Ark and doesn't think that getting himself killed would cause Horobi to become one?

I'm still not buying the fact that Aruto is so angry that he'd willingly become the Ark to murder a bunch of Humagears. It's completely against what little character they've had for him the whole show.
I can. It honestly makes him more human. He's suffered a MASSIVE loss and from someone he's given chance after chance. He even gives Horobi another chance by asking if he felt ANY remorse. It takes Jin being destroyed for him to see just what he's become and what he's done.

It's quite honestly more realistic than Artuo being his usual cheery self even in the wake of Is's death.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The thing is though, Aruto has suffered losses before. He lost his parents, his Robo-dad, his grandpa, and now his Robo-maid. He seemed to get past those earlier deaths and grew past them yet losing Izu is what pushes him to do this craziness? What about Izu makes it that much more of a loss than parts of his actual family other than she's the cute girl and we need Aruto to be an angry boy.

And even if it was that big of a hit to him, there are better ways to deal with the aftermath than what we got.
- Yua could've taken him away and comforted him despite Fuwa's wishes
- Or Aruto could've locked himself in Hiden whichever name it's going by at this point and whined
- Or to use examples from other media I've seen: the moment in Heartcatch Precure when Tsubomi talks Yuri down from fighting in a blind rage saying that it's not how Precure fight or what they stand for. Or Bloom Into You where Koito realizes just how broken up Nanami became from losing her sister so she chooses to rewrite the ending of the play they were working on as sort of a wake-up call to her senpai.

Taking Azu's advice and becoming a murder satellite robot isn't smart and subversive, it's immature and tragicdarkedgy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Exactly my thought. One of Takahashis biggest weaknesses as a writer is it seems like it is about the destination as opposed to the journey.

One of Zero Ones biggest flaws is that things only seem to happen that move the plot when the characters act incredibly stupid. If the ending was straight up a clash between Aruto and Horobi based on ideals, I'd dig it. But Aruto (and now Horobi) have become the Ark for reasons?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i blame corona for this nonsense.
PDA
ZAIA Tool