Kiramager Episode 20 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:44 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kiramager Episode 20 released

Post by Zerato »

That combination at the end was so stupid and yet I love it. I want more sticky monsters just so we can see it again.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Lunagel wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:43 pm I feel like this is the first Sentai we've had with a real love interest for Red since like Magiranger?
Discounting Daigo and Amy hooking up right at the end of Kyoryuger with zero build up, then I believe so.
I mean, technically they started building it up when Yayoi first appeared. Honestly though, it's one of the few times Power Rangers handled something better than sentai did.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well this is certainly the weirdest episode of the series thus far - and that's saying something - but there's no denying its charm. It almost goes off the rails at points, but the writing is snappy enough to quickly move on to the next scene.

Beyond that, doing a character focus episode by stuffing in a separate recurring character is certainly different, but it works here. This episode was a good follow-up to episode 1 by finally giving us Jewel's POV on his new best friend.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 pm I liked how sexual this episode was
I'm legitimately surprised with just how much they got past the radar. Japan has much different cultural norms than the West, but as you correctly note, it started out with sticky white stuff from a love monster, and quickly devolved from there. This entire series has been rather subversive with its morals, and while nothing was too explicit here, the writers were clearly aiming to push the envelope on on sex gags.

If this episode gets a follow-up, I half-expect it to have a barrier monster, just for the writers to finish up what they've started.
Lesson of the week, it's okay to be who you are, even if you're a Mean Girl
If anything, it seems like the lesson of the week is "Stockholm Syndrome is real: holding a girl hostage will make her like you."
Lunagel wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:43 pm I feel like this is the first Sentai we've had with a real love interest for Red since like Magiranger?
Would Boukenger count? It was never really resolved until the end of the series, but Sakura was crushing on Akashi for most of the series...
CaptainTalon449 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am I'm surprised this episode was able to be done in a pandemic
Part of me wonders if this is an episode that was written and meant to be filmed before COVID took off. Besides the fact that 20 episodes is an unusually long time to wait to follow up on a plot thread from episode 1, Silver was (once again) largely absent or inconsequential to the story. This could have easily been episode 12.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:29 pm love how you think it's going to be one of those 'have to keep the identity a secret' episodes and then Takamichi screws that up almost instantly.
That's a good point. The episode certainly didn't go in the direction I was expecting.
BreadToku wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:14 am Also, you are all way more cynical than you think the show is.
I'm not sure if cynical is the right word here? That's generally a negative outlook. Rather most of us seem amused by the unorthodox (and less-than-wholesome) angle the writers seem to be taking, albeit at the risk of reading too much into these things. Not everything has to be a subversive gag, though this series certainly seems to relish in them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, that's an interesting theory. Maybe they filmed all the parts with Kakihara when they did Episode 0? That way they wouldn't need to call back the actress again and again
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:51 am Hmmm, that's an interesting theory. Maybe they filmed all the parts with Kakihara when they did Episode 0? That way they wouldn't need to call back the actress again and again
That seems unlikely, since there are scenes with her and Silver (both transformed and not). That would have meant Toei filmed almost half a year in advance; Episode 0 was the very first thing filmed, since it had to be ready for the movie. (It was filmed so early, in fact, that none of the series' fixed sets are in the episode)

Most likely she's just under contract to return for a certain number of episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:43 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:51 am Hmmm, that's an interesting theory. Maybe they filmed all the parts with Kakihara when they did Episode 0? That way they wouldn't need to call back the actress again and again
That seems unlikely, since there are scenes with her and Silver (both transformed and not). That would have meant Toei filmed almost half a year in advance; Episode 0 was the very first thing filmed, since it had to be ready for the movie. (It was filmed so early, in fact, that none of the series' fixed sets are in the episode)

Most likely she's just under contract to return for a certain number of episodes.
Ah that does make sense. So much for my conspiracy theory lol
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's good. I miss these seasons where we have normal people unaffiliated with the team that come in on occasion.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Yes! We'll be seeing more of her.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

I hated this episode so much. 1 star.

Give me more of the Crystalia Siblings or something. I was looking forward to seeing Juuru's classmates pop back up again. But not like this! Ugh. The episode was basically Get everything you want, including a cute, oblivious boyfriend, as long as you're a spoiled b--ch.

Power Rangers Beast Morphers brought in a truly b-tchy human character a while ago. Like, almost irredeemable. But she was actually fun and since the Rangers are all annoying, boring and preachy, etc, I enjoyed seeing her screw them over.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Can I just say that I really like how much they're implementing the Kiramagers' jobs into the show? They're not forgetting that they have lives outside of being superheroes. Sayo being a doctor is used quite a lot.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:32 am Can I just say that I really like how much they're implementing the Kiramagers' jobs into the show? They're not forgetting that they have lives outside of being superheroes. Sayo being a doctor is used quite a lot.
I woke up, read that sentence out of order, and thought you said you didn't like that. Ah mornings
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Aeikozz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:31 pm I NEED HER TO BE THE SEVENTH KIRAMAGER!!!! SHE WAS FUCKING AMAZING.
HELL YES, MAKE IT HAPPEN WRITERS!!! I also don't think I've ever said "WTF" so many times before while watching an episode of Sentai xD
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

I enjoyed it very similar to Gingaman ep 38 where Haruhiko Aoyama gets stuck to Hayate with Moak's super glue and as for the young lass in this ep, I think she may be at the start of a crush on Juru

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”