KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 33
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Post by PDA »

not the best final but not the worse thing

gai become comic relief on basement office with lots thouser dogs instead any accountability due be responsible for ark learn malice, has totally stated on his cameo on movie etc

horobi also earned a "get out of a jail free" card, who cares about daybreak deaths, right?

eden....without those episodes lost due covid that guy had a chance to appear on series or this was just a setup for new movie?

why no one cared about AZU??

zaia new CEO, i really dont understood that guy, he started as ally but his orders towards kill humagears at point blank in front of lots of humagears almost rampaging was weird.

zero one beggining...metsubojinrai need phisically hack humagears to zetsumerise and become evil

zero two ending: just dont give good day and deny humagears union/sindicate and almost all them zetsumerise or enter in berseck mode, thats a lot of security/safety on them, right?

just few time after ending, society accept and hidden already have a new sattelite ready to launch? who paid for that?

i really dislike happy endings like this, but for sure things could became even worse, so that "01 ending will be different" thing was just a PR stunt, its all happy endings with even enemies and killers smiling on ending episode.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:39 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.67 / 5 stars (21 votes)

Alt Title: How do you fight against malice?

Edit: I have my doubts about Saber, but it is pretty bad ass to watch him swing that flaming sword

Don't forget to participate in the series poll and discussion thread
i really dont liked most of riders of current promo poster and hope be wrong but seems ghost 2.0 with ridebooks being the new eyecons ( billy the kid eyecon x peter fantasista ridebook, im the only seem both as equal things?)

protagonist and evil people looks more "cartoonish" than usual, sword and belt are ugly as hell, belt its almost a library shield imo.

that writter couldnt create simple 3 good riders in ghost, why we should believe that his work starting with 6 riders will be better? my complaints arent just against takeru being a poor character, all characters are bland as hell on ghost.

probably i gonna wait 3 to 5 episodes and binge watch to decide in 30min if keep watching or wait next year for a better rider.

really hope be wrong and saber become a good season but right now everything that i saw screams ghost 2.0 to me and even suits are worse now(ghost base form and all riders base form in general i really digged into clean design and later writter just started to attach horns on uber forms and...)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 am As for Izu not fully reviving. Let's consider again that it only needs the core program of the Humagear for them to develop again to their version that reached Singularity just like the other Humagears in the earlier episodes that were hacked and destroyed.
That's the thing though, this entire series is about how AI are more than their programming. The things that made og Is can never be replicated, because she's a product of everyone around her who influenced her. A lot of that was Aruto in the last year, but she existed before Aruto didn't she?
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

It was nice end to Zero-One. I think it dragged in the middle but it was a good show. I hope that Zero-One gets a V-Cinema trilogy like Ex-Aid Another Ending. Thanks to Tv-Nihon staff for your work on the show!
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

I was all set to ask about the names on Esu's phone, but it looks like it's just a filler screen as Sebastian (can't really see the last name) shows up twice on there. Other than that, nice end to an oddly comedic show.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: KR Zero-One 45 released

Post by WannaFantaMan »

SacredCultivator wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:22 am Great end to the series, but as takenoko pointed out, Fuwa sooooo extra. I mean, sure he punches out the glass to the door, but was it necessary to REMOVE the door? You broke the glass, you can easily unlock the door and open it at that point....
Pretty sure that was suppose to keep with the running gag of him being stupily strong, as anyone can break a car window with the right tools and such.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Strykor wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:04 am I was all set to ask about the names on Esu's phone
Unti lI see otherwise, I'm assuming the guy's name is just S
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's the ending I was expecting. I don't know, it didn't feel like there were any real stakes. It's not as cathartic when some antagonist doesn't bite it.

I'm glad that Izu wasn't revived. I'm sick of the whole 'Riders special assistant gets revived in the finale'. At the same time, it is a little strange that he just rebuilds her again. It's kind of like the ending of the first season of GARO when they rebuild Zaruba, but that one hit me harder.

Fuck that cliffhanger man. Might have stuck a bit more if it was someone we actually knew.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I still don't understand why Aruto doesn't ask there to access all the non-destroyed humageers who interacted with Izu in the past to share their memories of her with Izu 0-2. What would be funny then is if Izu 0-2 sees her previous life from other people's point of view, and her first words after that are "President Aruto, do you realize that no one except for Fuwa thinks that your jokes are funny? Also, 67% of the other humageers think that Gyaru fashion would suit me better."

The final fight could have been named: "The Absolute Destiny As-pocalypse".

At least the finale did not use a cheap trick like - The Isu that was destroyed was a duplicate made by Isu 0-1 who had ran billions of simulations and this was the only plan that saved everyone."
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

takenoko wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:22 amThat's the thing though, this entire series is about how AI are more than their programming. The things that made og Is can never be replicated, because she's a product of everyone around her who influenced her. A lot of that was Aruto in the last year, but she existed before Aruto didn't she?
Thre's also another possibility that the original Izu can return via the Zero-Two Driver since it's created from her core data and from There.
satoman
Gao
Favorite series: Danger 5
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: pumpkin seeds

Post by satoman »

resop2 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:36 pmAt least the finale did not use a cheap trick like - The Isu that was destroyed was a duplicate made by Isu 0-1 who had ran billions of simulations and this was the only plan that saved everyone."
Ugh, I thought this of one of the possible endings. Glad they not did it. Renaming as Is again was unexpected, I thought Aruto was going to name her Will or Mirai or something alike. This time Is will be backup'd, right? Right?

Ending was ok, the series as a whole was very good esp. after Zi-O. Thanks TV-N for the amazing job!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I'll probably be posting more thoughts in the series thread than here, but I will say it was a great finale overall. My biggest complaint was it didn't show all of the rioting Humagear watching as Aruto changed the rules of the final battle. I feel like that moment of "what the hell are we doing?" realisation was a big mistake to omit.

Eden's appearance at the end rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I'm happy with it for a couple reasons:

1. It shows malice isn't something that can be universally cured by the actions of a few.
2. It reminds us that the message of harmony in this series is an ongoing effort, not something that we can just take for granted the moment there's peace.
3. It means the series won't be cut short, because the movie is a direct continuation, so Zero-One will still have close to the intended run time once the movie's out (likely about 47-48 episodes worth of material).

As for Izu, I'm not going to judge her pseudo return too harshly. Eveyrone, including Aruto acknowledge that despite the same face and name, she's not Izu. Aruto will have to come to terms with this fact more and more over time. But the new Izu also makes me think of something else that could be an important message...

There are a lot of people in this world who suffer severe trauma and lose their memories and identity permanently. It could be an accident, surviving violence, or even a severe stroke. These people leave the hospital and return to the care of loving families they don't even know. And those families have to adjust to the fact that this person they've known and loved will never be the same and will never remember all of the good and bad times that have been ripped away.

Is Izu any different than those tragic cases? And will her v2.0 be used to help bring more understanding of such impactful cases to people who aren't living it? This entire series has hit upon a LOT of very sensitive topics in a shockingly mature manner. Of all the recent series in KR and SS, this is one parents should definitely sit down and watch with their kids and discuss the events and messages openly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Reiwa's set a very high bar with its first series, and it's going to be that much harder for future writers and cast to rise up to the standards of this show.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ashki wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm Is Izu any different than those tragic cases?
I mean, I wouldn't argue that it's less tragic, it just does more to highlight how tragic Is' death is. With the memories and core personality wiped clean, she has truly died, even if we bring back a similar body and try to recreate that personality
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Ashki wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again... Reiwa's set a very high bar with its first series, and it's going to be that much harder for future writers and cast to rise up to the standards of this show.
Hahaha. Relax, bro. While Zero-One doesn't disappoint us, the series still doesn't meet up the standard quality of Agito, Faiz, W, Gaim, Nexus, Tiga, Dyna, and even Gaia.
indestructibleman
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by indestructibleman »

I really enjoyed it, but I feel like maybe Aruto should have given new Izu her own name.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”