No way. I only play games on PC or Xbox or something else now
23%

Total votes: 26
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Is anyone getting a PS5?

Post by Catastrophe »

Didn't Sony say they would record all voice chat for 'moderation' purposes? Not spying on you in the traditional sense, but that'd still involve recording everything you say while playing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

decade368990 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:17 pm
ofersai3 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:40 pm As long as sony uses the ps5 to spy on people and as long as they so much censor happy i don't think that i will get a ps5. for now i will stick to the pc and switch where i hope to have fun with memory of heroez
Oh wow, that seems rude! Basically, you prefer the PC over the PS5. You think you can say anything you want to curse the new machine? Censorship, spying players?! Come on.
Calm down decade, we're just having a friendly discussion

Thanks to everyone for answering my question about the censorship. The DMC 5 situation sucks since it's so arbitrary

As for the voice chat thing, most big voice chat things are recorded. Your Alexa and Google Play voice stuff is recorded. Your Xbox https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/02/a ... -recorded/ is recorded. So that doesn't bother me so much, since it's not like Sony is actively listening to people as they chat
GeJe
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Sentaï

Post by GeJe »

I didn’t plan to get a PS5 on launch, but when I learnt back compatibility seems super high (yet I’m still worried it won’t be « good » back compat ») I sold my PS4 Pro. The cost to move to PS5 is kinda low than way. But I’m a digital edition guy.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Not getting one. I'm plenty comfortable with a i7 8700+RTX2060 6GB setup. My brother on the other hand may save up for one next year.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Originally I was going to pick one up when it comes out but due to a death in the family I am left with too many expenses and had to use the money I was saving for it for other things.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, sorry to hear about that Ghost. There's probably not much I can do, but I hope you're okay
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I was not going to get first wave because i thought i couldn't get one but to my luck i got a message from one of my stores they started preorder and when i went to store i was the first one arrived for preorder so i preordered it. They are getting 8 machines so I believed that was a sign of karma.
Kamen_Rider_Sharon
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Yuriko Shiratori

Post by Kamen_Rider_Sharon »

The problem is PS5 and SX is that you can play almost all the same games on current gen making buying a next gen console less appealing, when there is a game that I am interested in isnt on the PS4 I will be buying one.
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

I won't be picking up a PS5 (or Series X) anytime soon as I've slowed down on console gaming considerably over the last year and change. Nothing next gen screams "must need" to me, so I'm good with my current XBX and PS4 Pro. And my PC is serving me perfectly fine because the only games I'm sinking a lot of time into right now are FF14 and PSO2.
ofersai3
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ofersai3 »

ofersai3 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:40 pm As long as sony uses the ps5 to spy on people and as long as they so much censor happy i don't think that i will get a ps5. for now i will stick to the pc and switch where i hope to have fun with memory of heroez
Oh wow, that seems rude! Basically, you prefer the PC over the PS5. You think you can say anything you want to curse the new machine? Censorship, spying players?! Come on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Seqg1 ... lownfishTV
they pretty much admitted that once the new ps5 will come out they will use it to spy on gamers to "fight toxisity"
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ofersai3 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Seqg1 ... lownfishTV
they pretty much admitted that once the new ps5 will come out they will use it to spy on gamers to "fight toxisity"
That's a helluva click-bait-y looking video there.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 am Didn't Sony say they would record all voice chat for 'moderation' purposes? Not spying on you in the traditional sense, but that'd still involve recording everything you say while playing.
No. PLAYERS record locally, and then if you report someone, you can send that to Sony for moderation. Sony doesn't record anything.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
BlazeKing20
Favorite series: Kyoruger
2nd Favorite Series: Zero one
Favorite Actor?: Chris Evans
Favorite Band: Neffex

Post by BlazeKing20 »

Nah, Im building a pc this christmas.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Not gonna get a PS5 just yet as Sony realized that if they released most of the launch titles on JUST the new console, then they're gonna loose money instead of gain it and decided to put the two big games I'm excited for (Spider-Man Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West) on the PS4 as well. Microsoft has had the right idea since day 1 with the Xbox Series X IMO by not having any games be on just the new system after it launches along with letting people upgrade to the new version for free if they do get the new Xbox.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I will but not yet. I will buy 2 games before the console just for collection purpose (Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition and MK 11 Ultimate). I don't like the plain white design either so I will wait for a colored model (probably the God of War edition next year)
Final Vent!

Return to “Games”