Super Sentai toy sales

Cause there's like a lot of other Sentai too
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Super Sentai toy sales

Post by kangchan »

My friend sent to me this picture and he said found it on the Internet. If all data are accurate, Ryusoulger and Kiramager got low toy sales in recent years.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Super Sentai toy sales

Post by takenoko »

Funny, looks like the toy sales start dropping precipitously after the writing turned to shit (post-Toq)

Geki and LVSP being low too is further proof that kid's don't know what's good. Dumb kids!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

To be fair, Kiramei is also battling against covid killing the economy
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine Kirameiger also suffers because it doesn't have gimmick cheap collectables either. Also, in my opinion, I feel like the build quality and toy design of the Mecha has taken a nosedive since Gobusters. The Kiramaizin looks dumb.

It'll be a shame that it's going to sell Time Ranger level, because it's easily the best show since ToQ, and I'd be so bold to say it can stand up quality wise with some of the best seasons.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Comparing this to Zero-One really paints a grim picture, given that it ended up being the second best selling season after ZI-O. Add to that that after Gokaiger only Koryuger has reached the earning goals, I got the feeling, an at least temporary, end to Sentai is fast approaching.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

People have been saying sentai's gonna die soon for years, hasn't happened yet.

The profit has been going down, yeah, but it's still a reliable and well-known series. You don't just uproot a guaranteed money-maker for something you're not sure will surpass it.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

The thing is, it has been declining for pretty much a decade now, with no end in sight. It isn't a hasty decision by any stretch. Toei has shown that they care about Sentai by trying again and again with it, but nothing has worked. At this point, it seems inevitable.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Post Ohranger to Timeranger wasn't that hot in toy sales and they kept going.

I agree with Luna in both the sense that the sales are probably low because of COVID and it's a bit of a leap to assume its the end because of it.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Would it hurt Bandai a lot in making the mecha toys have the same play value as Go-Onger and Shinkenger (all combine with solid ports and no leftover parts) instead of having about 20 collectible, readable gimmicks that are completely independent of one another when bought together, when doing Zenkaiger, as the solution to increase back the toy sales, while maintaining the good quality of the story? I mean, sure, the Hiden Disc and Engine Souls are the collectible gimmicks but they also incorporate as part of the mecha without interfering the cumulative combinations.

Return to “Sentai”