Actress Kinjo Mana (Tatsui Ui, Ryusoulger) passed away

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Raiden
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gekiranger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin, Ookubo Sakurako,Okuyama Kazusa
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Guys, le'me tell you something. In this wild and woolly universe of ours, there are only three things you can count on: your brains. Your bros'. And your bike!! - Throttle, Biker Mice from Mars
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Actress Kinjo Mana (Tatsui Ui, Ryusoulger) passed away

Post by Raiden »

According to her official instagram/twitter/blog she passed away on december 1st this year at the age of 25 due to an illness.

Statement by her team on her official blog:
https://ameblo.jp/mana-kinjho
:cry:
English translation by google translate:

"Dear Fans,
We pray for the fact that our actress Mana Kinjo died on December 1st at the age of 25 due to illness, and we would like to express our sincere gratitude.

I took a day off from last year and tried hard to get back to work, but it didn't come true.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone who has supported Mana Kinjo and those who have supported us.
I'm really thankful to you.

A clumsy but hard-working man, Mana Kinjo who works straight on everything.
I hope that you will continue to remember her smile as she headed toward her dream.

December 5, 2020
Grick Co. , Ltd."

May she rest in peace! So young :cry: :cry:
"To Teach, One Must Be Willing To Learn"

PSN: SoulReaper80
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Kinjo Mana (Ui) has died

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://ameblo.jp/mana-kinjho/

https://news.tokunation.com/2020/12/04/ ... um=twitter

Always sad to lose someone so young. She definitely seemed unwell at the end of Ryusoulger. They've not confirmed exactly what it was, other than "illness".
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Actress Kinjo Mana (Tatsui Ui, Ryusoulger) passed away

Post by Lunagel »

I didn't like her character in Ryusoulger but she definitely gave it her all and it sucks that she's gone so young.

She looked pretty sick towards the end of the show and had about 10 episodes off before the character went to America suddenly so I have to guess it started hitting her hard about a year ago. She mentioned on her blog she was sick/hospitalized in 2017 so best guess is some form of cancer that was in remission and then came back. Just sucks all around.
Raiden
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Guys, le'me tell you something. In this wild and woolly universe of ours, there are only three things you can count on: your brains. Your bros'. And your bike!! - Throttle, Biker Mice from Mars

Post by Raiden »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:23 am I didn't like her character in Ryusoulger but she definitely gave it her all and it sucks that she's gone so young.

She looked pretty sick towards the end of the show and had about 10 episodes off before the character went to America suddenly so I have to guess it started hitting her hard about a year ago. She mentioned on her blog she was sick/hospitalized in 2017 so best guess is some form of cancer that was in remission and then came back. Just sucks all around.
Yea I remember that, thought it was weird untill I read something about her being sick like you mentioned... If it is that, then that just sucks even more... Thinking, hoping you are rid of your illness and then it suddenly comes back... :(

HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

She definitely looked very ill at the end of Ryusoulger. She's the same age as me, which definitely hits home.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wow that's really sad. She wasn't my favorite character, but ryusoul wasn't a great series to begin with. Still appreciated the work she put into the job. Too young
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Weird, was just checking her birthday and it says she's only 24. Do Japanese add a year to it if they die near the end of the year? Like a rounding thing?
Raiden
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Raiden »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:13 am Weird, was just checking her birthday and it says she's only 24. Do Japanese add a year to it if they die near the end of the year? Like a rounding thing?
Yea saw that too, I know that in Turkey they count age differently... Maybe it's the same in Japan?
On a persons' birthday, a person would not say I turned 24 today, but instead that it would be the first day of the 25th year they are alive... (Hard to translate a Turkish cultural saying into English :) )

HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

She's definitely 24, but yeah, it's weird that they've rounded up like that. Maybe cause she's closer to her 25th birthday than her 24th? I've never seen anyone in Japan do that before, but I'm no expert.
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think in Korea you start off as one years old when you're born and go up from there?

Luna, have you seen thsi rounding thing before? I see it on the Japanese wiki too
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Unfortunate. Didn't like her character, but given how the rest of the show was, it clearly wasn't anything to do with her.

Always a shame when someone so young dies like this.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Kinjou Mana, actress of Tatsui Ui, passed away at the age of 24 due to an unspecified illness

Post by njb »

Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm I think in Korea you start off as one years old when you're born and go up from there?

Luna, have you seen thsi rounding thing before? I see it on the Japanese wiki too
Oh yeah this is pretty common although I'll admit I've never seen it applied to a death before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

"East Asian age reckoning originated in China and continues in limited use there along with Japan and Vietnam, and is still common in Korea. People are born at the age of one, i.e. the first year of lifetime using an ordinal numeral (instead of "zero" using a cardinal numeral), and on Chinese New Year or New Year's Day one year is added to their age. Since age is incremented at the beginning of the lunar or solar year, rather than on the anniversary of a birthday, people may be one or two years older in Asian reckoning than in the international age system. "

So if you have a baby born December 31st, on January 1st the child is technically counted as 2 years old, even if it's really only 2 days old. It's obviously not used in any official capacity, mostly for Shinto traditions like Shichigosan and Yakudoshi.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Figured I'd share this clip of her from the series Blu-Rays, doing some football passes:

https://twitter.com/HeulendeSchneke/sta ... 5906065410
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:36 pm Oh yeah this is pretty common although I'll admit I've never seen it applied to a death before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

"East Asian age reckoning originated in China and continues in limited use there along with Japan and Vietnam, and is still common in Korea. People are born at the age of one, i.e. the first year of lifetime using an ordinal numeral (instead of "zero" using a cardinal numeral), and on Chinese New Year or New Year's Day one year is added to their age. Since age is incremented at the beginning of the lunar or solar year, rather than on the anniversary of a birthday, people may be one or two years older in Asian reckoning than in the international age system. "

So if you have a baby born December 31st, on January 1st the child is technically counted as 2 years old, even if it's really only 2 days old. It's obviously not used in any official capacity, mostly for Shinto traditions like Shichigosan and Yakudoshi.
That 18 you're dating could be 17 years old then?!

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”