Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: No Shinkenger 10 years after?

Post by takenoko »

Are we so far out that we're already approaching Ninninger 10 years after?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:37 pm Are we so far out that we're already approaching Ninninger 10 years after?
Well, we're 5 years since Ninninger. I mostly just mentioned that cause Kasumi seems like she's in a ton of stuff at the moment. So unless her popularity tanks in the next few years, she might not have time.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well, as much as we'd like Takeru, there's always princess. they could it write off that he and Hikoma are traveling, as Takeru wanted to see the world or learn various things. i believe Hikoma said something to takeru about just this, i think the first thing was learning guitar. as for the villian, well, humans do fall to gedoshu and become one themselves so whos to say that a new powerful one couldnt emerge, after all Juzou wasnt really with the enemies, but thats not to say he didnt enjoy fighting Takeru right?

... i had an idea for a fan fiction that would entail of a sword breaking gedoshu to appear, and break a shinkenmaru. theyd have to ask the family of sword smiths to repair it, revealing another family loyal to the shiba clan, a family that uses metal mojikara. amoung them is the son who secretly created a sudophone and a person shinkenmaru to become shinkenmetal/gray/silver (couldnt stand on a name lol). the family's head when the original sudophones and shinkenmaru were made was too sickly and only able to make weapons, thus the family only supported and never took place in battle. along with Takeru, Ryunosuke and Genta go along. when genta's identity comes into question, this outrages the son, and he reveals he is combat ready. the father who was intrigued by genta's denji mojikara, because as a craftsman he wanted to see genta's work in action, suggested that Genta have a duel with his son. im positive the relased form of the son's shinkenmaru is a hammer, but i dont recall the name i came up with. and i cant remember the origami i made except it was an octopus to rival genta's squid. but thats what id like to see in a shinkenger movie. oh! Genta DOES defeat new guy with speed, i do recall that.
for what i understand Super Sentai is in Japan, and given it was likely his first big roll, to honor that, would Tori really turn down the chance to be shinkenred again? most people i talk to would say that Shinkenger and Dekaranger are their favorite seasons, not sure how japanese fans feel, but if popular and his break out role, might he just do it despite pay or does that hurt an actor? i recall something like if you work for less once it hurts you. however dont some actors reprise rolls but take payment in the form of a chairty donation from the studio a cause of their choice or even just say fuck it and do it for free for the fans?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

midorininger wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:01 pm
for what i understand Super Sentai is in Japan, and given it was likely his first big roll, to honor that, would Tori really turn down the chance to be shinkenred again? most people i talk to would say that Shinkenger and Dekaranger are their favorite seasons, not sure how japanese fans feel, but if popular and his break out role, might he just do it despite pay or does that hurt an actor? i recall something like if you work for less once it hurts you. however dont some actors reprise rolls but take payment in the form of a chairty donation from the studio a cause of their choice or even just say fuck it and do it for free for the fans?
It's not really a matter of whether or not he wants to do it, it's whether his agency will allow it. Agencies have very, very strict contracts, which include how much actors get paid for a gig. In the industry it's called "guarantee" money - how much you will absolutely get paid for an appearance. The more popular you are, the larger your guarantee. Toei just doesn't want to pay his guarantee anymore.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

It may not JUST be Tori or Yuki (Gokai Blue). It may also be the other actors who aren't interested. Even it it IS just those 2, it's still not fair to just blame them. Acting's a fickle profession and they have every right to take advantage of their success. They can't put their careers on hold, risking them in the hope their costars AND Toei are game (how much did the 3 we DID get make? Maybe Toei's tired of them)

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a Shinkenger or Gokaiger 10 Years After. I'm just saying, we can't get upset if a team doesn't come back. The whole point of a new team every year is because it's difficult to keep a cast together (neither Gorenger or MMPR managed to keep their casts for 2 whole years) or bring them back. If they happen, I just consider it a surprise gift.

Besides... Yuki DID come back for the Zyuohger team-up. Nothing's off the table yet ;)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but I really wanted a Shinkenger 10 years after lol
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

oh jeez, those rules sound harsh. and i guess perhaps the other members might not be game. i mean, if they are doing something else at the time then they cant drop that for a 1 time thing.
though, as i said, Shinkenred hime is always an option. the team doesnt hate her, and a female red is quite nice. (recall the female red costumes from gokaiger.)

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”