Potential ships/couples/romances in Mashin Sentai Kiramager

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Which potential/non-canon ship/couple do you like/prefer in Kiramager?

Sena and Tametomo
9%
Sena and Juru
9%
Juru and Mizuki Kakihara(Juru's classmate from ep 0 & 20)
36%
Sayo and Takamichi
9%
Sayo and Shiguru
9%
Tametomo and Yodonna (lol :lol: :P)
9%
None
18%

Total votes: 11
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Potential ships/couples/romances in Mashin Sentai Kiramager

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Initially, I didn't want to discuss this since SS usually doesn't focus on ships/couples/romance . But since Mandalori brought it up, I guess I'll post about it anyway.
Mandalori wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 am It's funny that they're basically teasing two threesomes so far : Sena with Jyuru (episode 2) and Tametomo (Sena fangirling over Tametomo's gaming in an early episode), and Sayo with Shiguru and Takamichi (during Sayo's date episode and during her meeting for Takamichi for the latter). I'm don't think we've seen that recently in SS.
That is an interesting, yet weird and also inconsistent part of the show:
1) For Sena, they teased her with Juru in the beginning firstly, like during the first few episodes. Then they teased Sena with Tametomo in episode 5.Although I think that Sena wasn't fangirl-ing over Tametomo by herself and it was because Tametomo told her to cheer for him. Since after their first round of battle, Tametomo himself told Sena to accompany him to his match and then after his match was over, Tametomo scolded her for doing too much. In response to that, Sena said that she got carried away because of the crowd's cheering. I'm not sure if it's a more appropriate interpretation of the scene or not. But my interpretation makes sense to me because in the same episode, Sena was criticizing Tametomo's game-plan and looking down on him in the beginning. And unless Sena realized how good of a player Tametomo is in only one episode or something, I don't think Sena understands gaming too well(for example, after Tametomo's match was over, she was looking at a controller curiously like she's never seen one before) to fangirl over his gaming in the same episode where she looked down on him. And I still don't think Sena understands gaming yet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SENA and she's my favorite character either way. And if episode 5 is considered, I think that after Tame's match was over, the scene where Tametomo opens up to Sena about his grandpa's death and Tametomo's relation with Shovellow, is more like a ship moment than Sena's fangirling scene, because during that moment Sena and Tametomo really connected.
Then they teased Sena and Juru a little bit again in episode 9 when she didn't want to face her old friend Makino- the Karuta Queen. After Sena came out of the base, there were a lot of scenes with her and Juru in that episode.
And Sena and Tametomo were probably teased in a few other episodes including episode 37 with the "Tametomo being interested in and fascinated by Sena's athletic side". And again they teased Sena with Juru maybe in a few other episodes and in this episode with "emotional Sena hugging Juru" bit.
From a logical and platonic point of view, Sena is good friends with Juru since Sena is is optimistic, peppy, and somewhat childish, which is a bit similar to Juru's personality. And Juru often helps her out as well. So it makes sense that Sena often hangs out with Juru. And then Sena is good friends with Tametomo since they have to work together a lot of times. Also, Sena is the same age as Tametomo (they're both 22 years old which has been confirmed by various sources). So for that reason too they get along I guess.
If I think of who I ship Sena with, between Juru and Tametomo I will pick Tametomo. I know they have somewhat clashing personalities, but I feel that these two will work together and they have a nice bond. That's why I'd choose to ship Tametomo with Sena.
And about Juru, firstly, he is 17(almost 18 since he will turn 18 this year) and Sena is 22 years old, which is too much of an age difference for me to want to ship them at all.
Secondly, the whole episode 20 was centered around Juru and Mizuki Kakihara(Juru's classmate) which made these 2 an almost CANON COUPLE, which I totally am on board with. Every single element in that episode makes me think that they're making them AN ACTUAL COUPLE. But, unfortunately after that as usual, even that storyline has disappeared from the show like it never happened. :cry: :| :?: :!: :?
Also, I don't wanna sound weird, and I know that Mabushiina is basically a "rock person", but I think there were some Juru and Mabushiina moments too. Like how Mabushiina is always concerned about Juru and his well-being, and Juru notices a lot of details related to her as well. I don't know how to correctly describe, but Juru and Mabushiina did have a lot of moments together. I'm not sure if it should be interpreted this way, but that's just what I noticed, and nothing more. I don't ship them, since Mabushiina is a rock person and all. But considering the moments they had in the season, if perhaps Mabushiina wasn't a literal "rock person", she and Juru could have worked.

2)For Sayo, at first they teased her with Takamichi at the time of and right after his debut in episode 12 and 13. It was pretty big because of the kisses and all. But as the series progressed it became inconsistent as if these "small things"(small things because they never had too much importance in the whole story) never happened. And then again after a long time it felt like his feelings for Sayo came back in episode 32 when Sayo went on a date. He was looking upset and worried, and even went as far as discouraging Sayo by saying that the Yuujin guy is unreliable and not good for her.
I never felt that anything was going on between Sayo and Shiguru or that it was ever indicated that either of them even had a crush on or any sort of romantic feelings for each other. But then all of a sudden in episode 32, when Sayo had a date with an outsider, Shiguru was depressed and not happy about the whole matter. I don't exactly know what it meant but it was like he may have some (some because it makes no sense for him to act like that and he had never shown anything related to this matter) feelings for Sayo or that he would've been happy if there was nothing going on between that Yuujin guy and her, whereas everyone except he and Takamichi were happy and excited about it.
Although the "Takamichi and Sayo" kinda disappeared after those few episodes it makes sense for him to be upset at all. But for Shiguru it makes no sense imo. I mean, for 31 episodes, I haven't noticed Shiguru to have any romantic feelings for Sayo at all, nor have I seen any signs of him having a crush on her. So it's just weird to me.
When it comes to Sayo, I don't ship anyone with her because I don't think she shares such a good bond with anyone that makes me want to ship anyone with her. But I'm not exactly supporting Takamichi being with her because of the age thing again. Takamichi is actually around 50 years old, and shipping Sayo with him just because he looks young sounds as gross as it possibly could.

I'm not too worried about the couples/romance thing in Kiramager, since SS doesn't care about romance much. And Kiramager is just fine without a real couple/ pairing. It wouldn't be too bad to have one, but I guess that's just too much to ask from a recent season since they have reduced the amount of canon intra-team couples in the last 14 years (or maybe it was always like that since the beginning... idk, I'm still new :? :| ). The last time they had a canon pairing was Lupin VS Pat, but I hated that pairing. And Lupin VS Pat pretty much had everything, so I'm not surprised that they had a couple in it as well. :roll:
And before Lup VS Pat, if I'm correct it was in Kyoryuger, I guess...??? And none in the 4 seasons in between them. And before Kyoryuger, the season that I remember had an actual canon/potential pairing was maybe Boukenger. Please tell me if there were any canon pairings in the recent seasons apart from these. :)
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Potential ships/couples/romances in Mashin Sentai Kiramager

Post by takenoko »

I can see Tametomo and Shiguru being into Sayo. If there's still time, a love triangle plot would be nice

Sena's a career girl. I don't see her ending up with anyone else on the team, nor would I think she'd really dig any of the available choices Edit: Although Sayo and Sena wouldn't be a terrible pairing

If Jyuuru ends up with anyone, it should be with his classmate who actually likes him and whose had the barest of a character arc together. Where is she btw, she's overdue for another appearance. Jyuuru himself probably isn't interested in a relationship, but probably wouldn't say no to one if offered to him
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sayo x that one goth loli singing chick
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Sayo-Sena seems like a good option, along with Jyuru-that classmate of his
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 pm Sena's a career girl. I don't see her ending up with anyone else on the team, nor would I think she'd really dig any of the available choices
I get that career girl bit, but why can't she end up with one of the guys? I know it'll be tough for her, but if she and Sayo can be a couple, then why not her and any of the guys?
takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 pm I can see Tametomo and Shiguru being into Sayo. If there's still time, a love triangle plot would be nice.
I don't feel that Tametomo is into Sayo. I mean if he was, then he wouldn't be "encouraging" her and want things to go well on her date with Yuujin. But, whatever. :| :?

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:48 pm
I'm not too worried about the ships thing in Kiramager, since SS doesn't care about ships much. And Kiramager is just fine without a canon ship. It wouldn't be too bad to have one, but I guess that's just too much to ask from a recent season since they have reduced the amount of canon intra-team ships in the last 14 years (or maybe it was always like that since the beginning... idk, I'm still new :? :| ). The last time they had a canon ship was Lupin VS Pat, but I hated that ship. And Lupin VS Pat pretty much had everything, so I'm not surprised that they had a ship in it as well. :roll:
And before Lup VS Pat, if I'm correct it was in Kyoryuger, I guess...??? And none in the 4 seasons in between them. And before Kyoryuger, the season that I remember had an actual canon/potential ship was maybe Boukenger. Please tell me if there were any canon ships in the recent seasons apart from these. :)
I remember Kyuuranger with Spada and Raptor. Zyuohger totally shipped Yamato/Amu, Sela/Leo and Tusk/Misao with those posters (I remember them on tvnihon's websites, so it should be easy to find them if the pictures were not deleted.
Ninninger has Yakumo having the hots for Kasumi (one sided)
ToQger had Mio/Tokacchi. Kyoryuger has Daigo/Amy and Daigo/Yayoi before setting on the former.
I'm pretty sure Saikyo Battle had shipped Marvelous with Luka.
Goseiger had Alata/Eri and Hyde/Moune.

Most of them were not that much developed, sometimes even forgotten after the episode where it was brought up, and/or didn't have anything to make us think it could be a thing before said episode. It's annoying, but not surprising considering the intended target.
It's probably more a thing to make us go wild on forums than anything else, still fun most of the time, especially when you identify with one of the characters.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Mandalori wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:20 am I remember Kyuuranger with Spada and Raptor. Zyuohger totally shipped Yamato/Amu, Sela/Leo and Tusk/Misao with those posters (I remember them on tvnihon's websites, so it should be easy to find them if the pictures were not deleted.
Ninninger has Yakumo having the hots for Kasumi (one sided)
ToQger had Mio/Tokacchi. Kyoryuger has Daigo/Amy and Daigo/Yayoi before setting on the former.
I'm pretty sure Saikyo Battle had shipped Marvelous with Luka.
Goseiger had Alata/Eri and Hyde/Moune.

Most of them were not that much developed, sometimes even forgotten after the episode where it was brought up, and/or didn't have anything to make us think it could be a thing before said episode. It's annoying, but not surprising considering the intended target.
It's probably more a thing to make us go wild on forums than anything else, still fun most of the time, especially when you identify with one of the characters.
Well, I meant Canon pairings so I don't think there were too many of them in the seasons apart from Kyoryuger and Lupin VS. Pat. I know about Yakumo's crush on Kasumi, Mio, and Tokacchi being kind of a couple. Bu the rest of them weren't what I asked for. So in my opinion, they're still non-canon. And honestly, posters are pretty ambiguous, so I wooldn't take it for the way it looks.
I would agree that SS Strongest battle almost made Marvelous and Luka a couple (don't like these 2 as a couple but whatever). But the positioning was weird since it's had been away too long after the season, and also it was just a TV special that just teased those 2.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

A canon ship? Feels like an oxymoron
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Lunagel wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:24 am A ship, by definition, is a fan pairing.

Canon pairing is fine but canon ship is an oxymoron
Ok, I get the point. Although I do think that Canon and non-canon with the word "ship" makes the difference. I have seen a YouTuber from Canada use this word a lot of times, so I got used to using it too. I guess it's safer not to use it if it doesn't sound right.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A ship, by definition, is a fan pairing.

Canon pairing is fine but canon ship is an oxymoron
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't want to get in an argument about semantics. I just wanted to point out that's usually how "ship" is used. If you want to use it to mean official pairings, go for it. It's no big deal
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

No, it's fine. I don't want to get into an argument either. And I guess I'll stick to using "Pairs" instead of "Ships". It's safer and probably won't create a misunderstanding.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice