Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Pretty Den-O Toujou released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

I know Den-O never dies, but what a wholesome revival of Den-O. The kids were cute and Momotaros and the crew are in fine form

But man, with all this time traveling going about, sooner or later we're going to get a Back to the Future or Philip J Fry situation going on. I mean, they already came pretty close with that one movie where the kid strands his best friend in the past, who ends up becoming his father?!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Pretty Den-O Toujou released

Post by Lunagel »

This was pretty much perfect.

The story was obvious, but that meant it didn't need to spend all too much on explanations. For a 22 minute movie, it sure managed to pack a lot in.

And, holy shit, this is a toku movie without a single male face character. Wow! How the hell did this even make it past the Toei exes?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

There were... no men?!
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

I wonder if this special was shot when Rina Akiyama was pregnant with her second child. Naomi's outfit seems a little diferrent.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

The M wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:00 am I wonder if this special was shot when Rina Akiyama was pregnant with her second child. Naomi's outfit seems a little diferrent.
The movie was set to come out April 24, 2020 and her son was born May 23rd, so factoring in post-production time it's very likely she was anywhere from 2-6 months pregnant. Probably just barely showing enough that a little alteration was necessary.
Kamen Rider DJ
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Smart Brain girl
Favorite Actor?: Ankh
Quote: "I want to extend my hand to everyone"

Post by Kamen Rider DJ »

So to preface this, I did like what I just watched. It was good to see the Imagin team again, I'm always here to poke fun at Shocker, and I don't even think the story was all that bad. With all that aside though, what exactly did I just watch? A random Den-O movie? A concept for the future of Den-O as a whole? A one off for the Reiwa era? I know Den-O will never actually die but I just don't know what I just watched.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

JP Wiki

If the Japanese wiki is accurate, they wanted to do a Den-O movie since the last solo Den-O movie was the Den-O trilogy in 2010. But then Corona happened, so they rushed to release something August 14.It looks like they wanted to include Den-O in a Toei Manga Festival. The last solo Den-O movie being 10 years ago with the Den-O trilogy in 2010. It was a part of the Toei Manga Festival, and was on screen with Oshiri Tantei, some candy shop anime I've never heard of, and some recycle anime
https://www.toei-mangamatsuri.jp/
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Well, there was a Den-O/Crayon Shin-chan anime cross over, and any successful anime winds up with a spinoff with chibi versions of the main characters going to Junior High School.

On the other hand if they make a magic girl live action show where the magical girls are chibi versions of Kamen Riders, I would be fine with that. Anna could go back in time on the Den-O liner and help her friends find their magical powers. She could have a video game nerd girl get a mini version of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid's power. She could have a baby goth girl friend who gets Kiva's power. And, she could have a friend who is a glutton get Gaim's power.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:22 pm
If the Japanese wiki is accurate, they wanted to do a Den-O movie since the last solo Den-O movie was the Den-O trilogy in 2010. But then Corona happened, so they rushed to release something August 14. It was a part of the Toei Manga Festival, and was on screen with Oshiri Tantei, some candy shop anime I've never heard of, and some recycle anime
https://www.toei-mangamatsuri.jp/
You're reading it wrong. They were set to release the movie April 24, but then Corona delayed the movie to August 14.

It doesn't say anything about them wanting to do another den-o movie, just that this is the first one in 10 years.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah sorry. Edited earlier post with the corrections
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The contrast between the Den-O suit actors is hilarious. It's such a massive difference between the petite stuntie and chunky Takaiwa Seiji.:lol:

Though I suppose this meant they had to make a new Den-O suit, which is a surprising undertaking for a short, one-off film.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Slightly disappointed that Pretty Den-O wasn't the one to actually defeat the monster as I assumed she would, but other than that it was an enjoyable mini-movie - more Den-O is always a good way to spend some time.

Is it true that Black RX's actor returned to do the voice for his end cameo? If so that's some nice dedication considering he didn't say much at all. :lol:

Maybe I'm overthinking this but there is one thing that sort of confused me a little: the lottery ticket. It was confirmed that it was a winning ticket and that's why Shocker were after it, right? So, why would adult Melon still have it all those years later? Sure she could view it as a memento of the experience but, come on, if she never tried to cash it in and claim her winnings then she's insane! Would they not accept it since it was cut in half even though it was taped back up?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:32 am Maybe I'm overthinking this but there is one thing that sort of confused me a little: the lottery ticket. It was confirmed that it was a winning ticket and that's why Shocker were after it, right? So, why would adult Melon still have it all those years later? Sure she could view it as a memento of the experience but, come on, if she never tried to cash it in and claim her winnings then she's insane! Would they not accept it since it was cut in half even though it was taped back up?
That puzzled me too, cause they take the tickets from you when you cash them in, you don't get to keep them. I checked the back of one of my old tickets and it does have a disclaimer that if damaged, the ticket might not get accepted. So maybe that's it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I assumed it was invalidated when Momotaros cut it in half. Show logic?

I dunno if it's Black RX's actor, if so he's not credited

She's the first suit actress credited so I'm guessing she plays Pretty Den-O:
https://japanactionenterprise.com/talen ... sakanashi/
pokeant
Number 6
Number 6

Post by pokeant »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am Though I suppose this meant they had to make a new Den-O suit, which is a surprising undertaking for a short, one-off film.
maybe they just reuse the mini suit from Ore Tanjo movie? if so they dont need to make another one. just add on those ribbons.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”