Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Gokaiger 10th Anniversary Thread

Post by takenoko »

Oh Zoids Genesis? We were kind of working with a guy with that and that fell through for whatever reason. I've got the DVDs but I don't want to redo that series on my own

Blu-ray?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://ryuunosenshi.tumblr.com/post/65 ... ng-to-make

Oh that's how they got Yamada Yuki. Also that earthquake. Man
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

My only wish is that everyone in the current season is Keelhauled for ruining the nostalgia. Even better, turn Don into the one who found One Piece.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Definitely hope everything gets sorted out and we can get good subs for this.

Thanks to the current situation, I still haven't fully watched any series other than Gokaiger and Zero-One so not being able to watch their follow up movies is especially vexing.
HowlingSnail wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 am They've also announced a new Mobirates, and are promising sounds from after Go-Busters: https://twitter.com/bandai_sentai/statu ... 7684677633

That's interesting, because all the keys Kyoryuger onwards use a generic cut, the Mobirates can't tell them apart. I wonder if they're gonna re-release those keys? I do hope this means new keys though. I was sad when they stopped after Ninninger.
They haven't fully returned and used any of the new teams since then so this might indicate the movie will include Gokai Changes of more recent teams.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:45 am
Zox and the Gokaigers meeting will be SPECTACULAR!! I hope we can at least get a cameo appearance by Zox in the Ten Gokaiger movie. That would be cool. πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈβš”οΈ
Personally, I'd prefer it if Zenkaiger Gokaiger interactions happened on the series (and first) as it would fit in with the show more, but they could still appear in the movie among other Sentai appearances.
takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:00 am

Oh, I didn't notice that. I wonder if it's just a repackage or if any of the content will be different?
Apparently including their return during Jyuohger (though not the episode before where they appear in the ED).
takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:53 pm https://ryuunosenshi.tumblr.com/post/65 ... ng-to-make

That earthquake is why the series adjusted to have more cameos at the expense of some of the character plots.

Also, why the Gokaigers didn't get a follow up movie until now (crossovers not included).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Gokider wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:35 pm That earthquake is why the series adjusted to have more cameos at the expense of some of the character plots.

Also, why the Gokaigers didn't get a follow up movie until now (crossovers not included).
Eh? Why would that be the case
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:53 pm https://ryuunosenshi.tumblr.com/post/65 ... ng-to-make

Wait, how exactly? I read the translation of the tweet, and the tweet mentioned the earthquake and that Gokaiger was Yamada Yuki's debut work. But I kinda don't get exactly how they got him to come back. The debut work thing? Can someone please explain....?πŸ€”πŸ˜πŸ˜‘
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:53 am

Wait, how exactly? I read the translation of the tweet, and the tweet mentioned the earthquake and that Gokaiger was Yamada Yuki's debut work. But I kinda don't get exactly how they got him to come back. The debut work thing? Can someone please explain....?πŸ€”πŸ˜πŸ˜‘
Because he actually likes Gokaiger and it has special meaning to him. And he also appreciates the Gokaiger fans too. He's not just some big actor that feels like he's outgrown kid's shows because he's a big name now
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i saw a tweet on twitter with the poster ealier today saying "power rangers race against time" and the tweets made it seem like hasbro project for netflix and i cringed. but now, seeing this, im welling up with feels! i need to know! why does Marvelous have an eye patch!
i almost feel like i cant do anything else today becuase now i need to binge watch Gokaiger!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:08 am Because he actually likes Gokaiger and it has special meaning to him. And he also appreciates the Gokaiger fans too. He's not just some big actor that feels like he's outgrown kid's shows because he's a big name now
Awww!!! I wish other actors were like him.... I don't get what's not to like about a Sentai season someone was a part of, but whatever. Either way, I'm glad he's back and I'm glad that this is happening.
midorininger wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:22 am why does Marvelous have an eye patch!
I have the exact same question! Why now? Why did they have to make him like all the other pirates tough and strong pirates with an eye patch after all this time? Why couldn't they keep him a normal person with undamaged organs or body parts??!! He was fine even in SS Strongest Battle!!! Why??!!! If they wanted him to be such a character with an eye patch, they could've done that sooner. The "reunion movies are kinda dark" thing is not a good enough reason to me for Marvelous to have an eye patch... :| :? :(
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well its Marvelous and Gokaiger ... so i bet he's hiding something in that eye patch that'll be revealed as part of the movies plot.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:58 pm
Gokider wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:35 pm That earthquake is why the series adjusted to have more cameos at the expense of some of the character plots.

Eh? Why would that be the case
After what happened, Toei wanted to help inspire hope so they brought back at least one member of each Sentai (originally only more recent teams would've gotten focus) much like how Fourze was made as a cheerful anniversary series.

The follow up movie being dropped was due to production of the series and earlier films being delayed because of the quake and tsunami.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:09 am
midorininger wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:22 am why does Marvelous have an eye patch!
I have the exact same question! Why now? Why did they have to make him like all the other pirates tough and strong pirates with an eye patch after all this time? Why couldn't they keep him a normal person with undamaged organs or body parts??!! He was fine even in SS Strongest Battle!!! Why??!!! If they wanted him to be such a character with an eye patch, they could've done that sooner. The "reunion movies are kinda dark" thing is not a good enough reason to me for Marvelous to have an eye patch... :| :? :(
Even in shadow, you can see it isn't a flat surface. That may just be to add more of a visual, but it could mean it has another use. Either way, the eye patch is just a simple way to make whatever point they want to make that fits into the pirate theme and could very easily be taken off before the final fight in the story (as tends to happen a lot).
Last edited by Gokider on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Whether the Zenkaigers appear in the film or the Gokiagers appear in the series since they're already around, the Gokaigers are still appearing with each Sentai.

Go-Busters and Kyoryuger from Go-Busters vs Gokaiger and the Super Hero Taisen movies.

Zyuohger from their return for Super Sentai's 1,999th and 2,000th episodes, which are apparently included in the new Blu-Ray sets.

Toqger, Ninninger, Zyuohger, Kyuranger, Patranger, and Ryusoulger from Super Sentai Strongest Battle!! - (Luka having already appeared with Kyuranger from her cameo in Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger VS Space Squad).

Mao Ichimichi actually has them all covered if you include her other roles (Pasco for Toqger, Raptor 283 for Kyuranger, Ninninger, Zyuohger, Lupinranger, and Patranger, and Kishiryu Chibigaroo for Ryusoulger and Kiramager).
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The best super sentai show of all time... I can't wait to see the cast together again! :D
Final Vent!
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:45 am
takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 am >And this is actually the perfect opportunity for the Gokaiger cast's appearance in Zenkaiger since the WHOLE CAST is coming back for this V-Cinext.

If Zox doesn't meet the Gokaigers, it'll feel like a wasted opportunity.
Zox and the Gokaigers meeting will be SPECTACULAR!! I hope we can at least get a cameo appearance by Zox in the Ten Gokaiger movie. That would be cool. πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈβš”οΈ
takenoko wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 am >I'm hoping for more 10th anniversary specials from Sentai.

Make Go-Busters 10 years after or you're a coward, Toei.
HowlingSnail wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 am I think they will. All the Go-Busters are still actively working with Toei. They only real issue would be Nick.
Yes please!! I want a Go-Busters 10th anniversary special more than anything!!! And I really hope they can work their way around Nick's voice actor's absence. Even though Nick is the most important character after J, it would be such a waste if they don't do the Go-Busters 10 years after because of only one character.
Easy solution: Nick got his voice module tampered with. But yeah, the mech fights sound like a bigger issue.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Ahim's joined Twitter finally, for anyone interested: https://twitter.com/yui0404koike?s=09
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to β€œKaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”