My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.9 /5 stars (10 votes)

Why didn't Yuuri go with Daishinji to fight the Megiddo? Is there going to be a reason or is this more lazy writing? At least put in a throwaway line...

But it was good to see Slash at least try to save people

Oh here comes the idiot squad to get in the way...

That music for Touma's entrance is too much lol.

They're introducing a new character? But they haven't finished giving the other characters things to do...

3/5 Would rather be working on Zi-O and Decade
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: KR Saber 22 released

Post by decade368990 »

Why Rintarou and Ogami Ryou just stand still and watch Slash and Kenzan getting their ass kicked by Storius?

Is the Lion Senki Ride Book supposed to be placed on the left side of the Holy Blade Swordriver's center slot? Why in the middle?

So they filmed the Saikou's Rider Kick at a suburban location while the final battle of the episode takes place in the urban area.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

okay episode was actually pretty decent for a change. i have nothing bad to say about it.

Although i do have a question is Mei going to become a rider? I've noticed during the ending song at the beginning she uses a yellow lightning saber. Did i just miss the episode that was in? or has it be mentioned? I just feel it's a weird thing no one has made a statement about.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

decade368990 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:11 am Why Rintarou and Ogami Ryou just stand still and watch Slash and Kenzan getting their ass kicked by Storius?
THANK YOU!! FFS, just stand there and DO NOTHING, you fucking idiots!!!
decade368990 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:11 am Is the Lion Senki Ride Book supposed to be placed on the left side of the Holy Blade Swordriver's center slot? Why in the middle?
iirc, it's Mythical (god beast) / animal / story.

https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Ride_Books

Brave Dragon, Storm Eagle, Saiyuu Journey.

Brave Pegasus, Lion Senki, Peter Fantatista.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

LOL god beast. I think our term Divine Beast sounds way better
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

No annoying action from Ren in this episode. I call it a win.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:13 pm LOL god beast. I think our term Divine Beast sounds way better
Meanwhile, Digimon is crying in the corner.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:13 pm LOL god beast. I think our term Divine Beast sounds way better
Both of them sound like bad nicknames for your wiener
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Of gods and monsters

Post by takenoko »

TheNinjaDragon wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:48 pm

What do they call it in Digimon?

To clarify, I think Divine Beast works better for 神獣 because they're not gods. When I think of animals that are gods, I think of creators of the world like Amaterasu from the Okami series. Here, the divine beasts are a class above the rest, but they're not creator myth-level entities.

In that sense, Mythical Beast probably would also work as a translation for the Divine Beasts in Saber. Which would be a perfect way to describe Pegasus or Cerberus. Both are animals that serve gods, but aren't gods themselves

One of my favorite translations that wasn't from my own devices is the use of deity for Torin in Kyouryuuger. Deity is such a good word to describe the minor gods of Japanese culture. Something I'm less fond of is how they just leave it as kami in Ghost of Tsushima, a game I'm currently playing. It feels like the translator is afraid people would confuse it for the Christian word for god or something. I like leaving things in Japanese, but I usually have a reason for doing it
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

An ok episode. Could've been worse.
I liked that Ogami-san finally stood up for Daidshinji-san.
Yuuri is having so much fun with his (I’m guessing they bought him his own) phone. Lol.
So Daishinji-san is finally understanding what Yuuri and Touma are trying to say.
Look how sensible Yuuri has become…
Yep, I don’t like Daishinji-san anymore. That look at Yuuri and that scene where he is chasing Yuuri has made it official… Ehhhm… Dude, STOP YELLING IN SUCH A HIGH VOICE!!!!
Is it just me or are the victim of the weeks’ actors have been played by bad actors? Or is it something else that’s wrong?
Why does Sora address Ogami-san so formally and calls him “Father”? Isn’t he too young for that? I thought that Japanese kids his age call their dads either “Papa” or “Dad”… And what’s that piece of cloth hanging from behind his bag? I like Sora and Ogami-san’s Father-son relationship a lot. They’re adorable.
Ren is pretty much trash at this point… He’s not worth bothering about. He has totally become a pawn of Reika….. Because he has a sword for a brain.
This is so dumb. A Megidd is on the loose and they are still fighting each other. I like the special effects though…
Why does Mei always stay so close that she falls victim to the damage caused by the fights?
Wow, Touma can stay in that position even while being unconscious.
The Megidd is seriously creeping me out…
The faces Mei makes when she’s annoyed also make me annoyed at her…
Exactly, Mei stole my words, “What is this weird situation?” Who does Ren intend to fight when he heads for the battlefield? I still don’t get it.
Wow. So Yuuri likes the feeling of pain he felt after so long…
Now Yuuri is my favorite character. If Rintarou has no further character development I won’t be sad
Spoiler
when he dies(at least that's what I've heard) a few episodes later
because now Yuuri is my favorite character in Saber.
Oh man, the scene where Yuuri shakes the two girls by their head is hilarious!!! :lol:
Spoiler
Next time, Touma and Daishinji-san are staking out the Southern Base. Also, it’s nice to see ShinkenGold’s actor here. Now we’ve got two cast members from Shinkenger to appear on Saber.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:17 pm 3/5 Would rather be working on Zi-O and Decade
I think we all agree. Watching either of the Decade and Zi-Oh crossovers is more enjoyable or worthwhile than watching Saber.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:12 am
Spoiler
Next time, Touma and Daishinji-san are staking out the Southern Base. Also, it’s nice to see ShinkenGold’s actor here. Now we’ve got two cast members from Shinkenger to appear on Saber.
Spoiler
Who was the first? :o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Why does Sora address Ogami-san so formally and calls him “Father”?

Maybe things are more proper in the household of swordsmen (where are the women that these men spring from anyway?)
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Sinkuu wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:59 pm iirc, it's Mythical (god beast) / animal / story.

https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Ride_Books

Brave Dragon, Storm Eagle, Saiyuu Journey.

Brave Pegasus, Lion Senki, Peter Fantatista.
Yup, you're right. I don't fully devote into watching Saber; that's why I got confused.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

This one was just shy of good, it touched on some good concepts but too many plot threads at once bogged it down too much for them to really shine. While I'm still not crazy on it, Yuuri's X-Swordsman form touching on comic book genre tropes for its attacks is at least an interesting concept, since comics are also books and its the only example of such shown. I can't get how dumb Ren and Kintarou have to be to not see that there's suspicious actions afoot, though with Ren I'm pretty sure they've abandoned all hopes of him even being an actual character anyways.

And while not a spoiler per se, the teaser at the end for next episode showing off yet another forgettable form to add to the toy line has zero enthusiasm from me. The power-ups in this season are on such a weird sliding scale that none of them really have any gravitas anymore. But at least Touma is getting some character growth, even if it is minute, that's better than what we've been getting so far.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Re: Of gods and monsters

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:37 am
TheNinjaDragon wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:48 pm

What do they call it in Digimon?

To clarify, I think Divine Beast works better for 神獣 because they're not gods. When I think of animals that are gods, I think of creators of the world like Amaterasu from the Okami series. Here, the divine beasts are a class above the rest, but they're not creator myth-level entities.

In that sense, Mythical Beast probably would also work as a translation for the Divine Beasts in Saber. Which would be a perfect way to describe Pegasus or Cerberus. Both are animals that serve gods, but aren't gods themselves

One of my favorite translations that wasn't from my own devices is the use of deity for Torin in Kyouryuuger. Deity is such a good word to describe the minor gods of Japanese culture. Something I'm less fond of is how they just leave it as kami in Ghost of Tsushima, a game I'm currently playing. It feels like the translator is afraid people would confuse it for the Christian word for god or something. I like leaving things in Japanese, but I usually have a reason for doing it
聖獣 aka holy beast

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”