Futo Tantei manga being made into an anime

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Futo Tantei manga being made into an anime

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/kr50th/fuuto

The first of the 3 big projects being announced today for the 50th anniversary. Coming Summer 2022. Never read the manga (Mostly due to very little of it being translated), so hopefully this is decent.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Futo Tantei manga being made into an anime

Post by Lunagel »

That's... unexpected. Not quite sure what to think about that
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I hope they try and get as many of the OG cast back as possible. And at least the guy who plays Phillip in video games does a decent job if they can't get Suda back.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh shit. I'd be down for working on that. Also, did they just change it to Fuuto after I changed it to Futo to match with their original spelling? XD
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Suda's a definite no-go, he seems to be taking the "dark past" view of his Rider days, hardly ever talks about it.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:05 pm Oh shit. I'd be down for working on that. Also, did they just change it to Fuuto after I changed it to Futo to match with their original spelling? XD
Apparently Funimation might be doing it. Which as a strong advocate of "Streaming services are evil", is a shame, but at least it'd guarantee a release.
Seen:
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:13 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:05 pm Oh shit. I'd be down for working on that. Also, did they just change it to Fuuto after I changed it to Futo to match with their original spelling? XD
Apparently Funimation might be doing it. Which as a strong advocate of "Streaming services are evil", is a shame, but at least it'd guarantee a release.
Funimation is confirmed to stream it.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/04 ... n-in-2022/

I feel like it won't be successful in the West if it heavily leans into the original series. People tend not into series where there is past material and right now, there's no way in the West to legally watch the original series and a good amount of anime fans have a bias against live action Japanese shows.

Also a part of me doesn't want the original cast since non-voice actors don't translate well to anime. Anime VAs have a certain feel to them and when non-VAs do an anime, they sound unnatural.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Huh. I didn't realize the manga had done so well. It's an interesting turn of events, to say the least, for a KR series to get an animated sequel. So I hope they're able to do the manga and the original series justice.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Someone on the Tokushoutsu KR W announcement video commented asking "Is this the prequel to the anime" and I just about starting frothing at the mouth
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The show will air starting August 1st. The theme song is composed by Kamen Rider Skull and sung by Kamen Rider Eternal called Tsumi to Batsu to Angura (Crime, Punishment, and the Underground). Also the opening is mostly instrumental called Private Eye being done by Big Gadgets and have the original OP duo (Aya Kamiki and TAKUYA) doing the vocals of the chorus.

Due to the recent change of Funimation shifting their streaming to Crunchyroll, it will no longer stream it but will be on Crunchyroll instead.

The one thing I'm curious is the length of the show since it's starting a month later than most anime since the summer season for anime starts in July.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... al/.185284
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I should be excited for this but I'm not. I think I'm still just annoyed they didn't get the original cast back. I assume they're trying to lure in non-toku fans with recognisable names to anime fans, but still, it's gonna be weird having no-one sound right.
Seen:
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

They were never gonna be able to get Suda Masaki back, he's literally a household name now. It'd be like getting Brad Pitt back to voice an Interview with the Vampire anime.

Also, Suda seems to be one of those actors who sees his role acting in tokusatsu as a "black past" and tends not to talk about it.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:08 pm They were never gonna be able to get Suda Masaki back, he's literally a household name now. It'd be like getting Brad Pitt back to voice an Interview with the Vampire anime.

Also, Suda seems to be one of those actors who sees his role acting in tokusatsu as a "black past" and tends not to talk about it.
Oh I know that, but they fact they didn't get ANYONE is really a shame. Like, at least get Kiriyama Renn back. Considering Ryu's in Revice he's obviously not against it either. I believe the cast are the same ones from Memory of Heroes on the PS4. I was baffled back then too how nobody except Aruto was the original actor.

I'd understand missing a few, but when it's literally no-one at all it just proves they didn't even try and decided to hire popular anime VAs instead of, you know, the actual cast of Kamen Rider Double.
Seen:
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Probably just goes to show they already know they've got the tokusatsu audience locked down so their best way to make more money is appeal to the anime crowd
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Probably cheaper and easier to schedule some no-name voice actor or voice actors already voicing your toku projects than to get the original voice actors, sadly

Return to “Kamen Rider W”