Got my vaccine today

Calis
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: OOO
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu, Takada Riho
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: I do what I like, I like what I do.
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Re: Got my vaccine today

Post by Calis »

I will got my Second Shot this wednesday, is it true the second shot made tired or it depends on the people ?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It definitely depends on the person. I had a neighbor who basically threw up. I mostly just had a headache that made me tired. I also got chills one night.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Seconded; even my siblings and I had it to different degrees.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by faizinmotion »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:18 am Covid related fraud? What?

From what I understand of the situation, we're all probably going to need boosters. Covid's hit such a saturation point in humans that it's not going away, it's just going to come in waves like the flu. At least according to this podcast: https://gimletmedia.com/shows/science-v ... e-variants
Yeah, that's what everyone's thinking right now. I hate that COVID is not going away soon, but it's nice to know things will eventually come to a point where it feels normal again. My family's still afraid of getting the vaccine. One of my aunts unfortunately got the Janssen vaccine (the Johnson & Johnson vaccine know for blood clots) so she's keeping an eye on her health.

With my younger brother going back to college it's made me anxious about him getting COVID on campus. As the only person vaccinated in my family I'm ensuring that I'm the first line of defense in keeping my parents and grandmother alive. I wonder if my cells could be used to help my parents and grandmother if they ever get COVID? That would be very nice.
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by faizinmotion »

Double posting because this is a separate event. I just got my second shot of the Moderna vaccine today. I think you're supposed to wait a couple of weeks until you're considered "fully immune"? Other than that, I'm probably able to take my mask off in most places, but no one is stopping from looking like this!

(I already used Scorpion, Sub Zero, and the Winter Soldier before, so here's Casshern!)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hey, good to hear. I wish I saw more cosplayers take advantage of this new age of maskdom
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by faizinmotion »

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/ ... formal-ok/
the japan times wrote:Japan issues final approval for Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines

Health minister Norihisa Tamura gave his final approval Friday for emergency use of two more COVID-19 vaccines — developed by Moderna and AstraZeneca, respectively — in hopes of giving the developed world's slowest vaccine rollout a much-needed shot in the arm.

However, British-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca PLC’s shots will not initially be used while the government weighs whether to place age restrictions on the jabs following reports of very rare blood clots overseas.

The addition of vaccines comes as Japan aims to finish inoculating the country's 36 million people age 65 and over by the end of July.

With the approval of the two shots, vaccine supplies are set to increase sharply. Japan has contracts for the three manufacturers to provide a total of 364 million doses, more than enough to cover two shots for all of the country’s 126 million residents.

The number of doses ordered are as follows:

AstraZeneca: 120 million shots
Moderna: 50 million shots by the end of September; in talks to acquire an additional 50 million shots for next year
Pfizer: 194 million shots by the end of the year

A health ministry panel approved Moderna’s vaccines Friday for people age 18 and over, deciding not to use AstraZeneca’s shots for public vaccinations until the government has carefully considered introducing age limits. About two dozen countries are halting or restricting use of the jab due to concerns over the rare clots. Pfizer’s shots have been used for people age 16 and over in many parts of the world.

For now, Pfizer’s vaccines, which need to be stored in deep freezers at minus 75 degrees Celsius, will continue to be used across the country at hospitals or venues set up by municipal governments. Moderna’s vaccines, which need to be kept at minus 20 degrees, will be given at state-run mass inoculation centers to be launched on Monday in Tokyo and Osaka, both of which will be staffed primarily by doctors and nurses from the Self-Defense Forces.

Dozens of large sites to be set up by several prefectural and municipal governments will also use the Moderna shot. AstraZeneca plans to have domestic pharmaceutical firms such as Daiichi Sankyo Co. produce at least 90 million of the 120 million contracted vaccines, which can be stored in regular refrigerators.

The mRNA vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna were both about 95% effective in late-stage trials overseas, while AstraZeneca’s viral vector vaccine was 70.4% effective, according to the health ministry. All three vaccines need to be administered twice for full protection, and the government is asking people not to mix vaccines from one dose to the next.

“Data has shown that people who get a different vaccine the second time would have higher chances of developing a fever,” said Dr. Tetsuo Nakayama, a project professor at Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and director of the Japanese Society of Clinical Virology.

The intervals for shots by Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca are three weeks, four weeks, and four to 12 weeks, respectively.

The pace of vaccinations is on the rise as the government has vastly increased vaccine allocations to the local municipalities since the end of Golden Week. The number of shots given daily averaged 322,000 over the past week, up 54% from the previous week, but that’s still about a third of Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga’s goal of 1 million shots a day.

The nation's rollout of Pfizer’s vaccines started on Feb. 17 with a total of 7,990,398 shots administered to health care workers and older people as of Thursday, Cabinet Office data showed. That means that only about 4.4% of the nation’s 126 million residents have received at least one dose. That's far behind other Group of Seven countries, with rates of around 48% in the U.S. and Canada and 33% in Italy, according to Our World in Data.

One of the reasons for the slow rollout is the lack of personnel who can handle the inoculation drive. The government last month decided to enlist the help of dentists for the vaccination campaign and is considering adding pharmacists into the mix as well.

The fast-track approvals of all three vaccines by Tokyo came despite the lack of large clinical trials in Japan, as the lower number of COVID-19 cases compared to other countries made it difficult to secure trial candidates. The approvals of the Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines come more than four months behind their approval in the U.K.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ayyyyy maybe now I'll actually get a shot before the end of the year
megamanultra
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Legos
Quote: Whatever it is, I didn't do it. (Unless of course, you like it)
Location: Somewhere, out there, in the vast deepness of spac.....er US

Post by megamanultra »

I'm in the crazy state that is doing a set of million dollar drawings for vaccinated people. Glad I had mine done already.

Its crazy seeing all the things they are doing to get more people to get it done.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:56 pm Ayyyyy maybe now I'll actually get a shot before the end of the year
Judging from the recent media reports, it sounds like things are getting pretty gnarly over there. :shock:

Fingers crossed over here that you're able to get a shot in a timely manner!
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

It's pretty bad but it's still not even a tenth of the number of cases the US has, so...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So how about those Olympics?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

IOC don't wanna let them die. I suspect they'd have to return sponsor money and that's no bueno
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I just got my first dose of vaccine today. Its from Sinovac Biotech. So far no serious symptoms yet. Just a bit of pain around the fingers and fatigue in the first 15 minutes after injection and after coming home respectively. I do feel some rashes but that's probably because the food I ate for lunch which had anchovies.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is that the Chinese vaccine? Wonder how it compares to the American ones

Return to “Off Topic”