Kamen Rider Genms -The Presidents- Part 2 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Genms -The Presidents- Part 2 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous
Wiki

Well that was a thing. Like it knew what it was here for, and that was Dan and Masamune being over the top, so that's good?

I just don't understand how this sort of thing exists. Did they film this over the actors' lunch breaks? Normally I'd assume this sort of thing was a precursor to a movie like Hero Mama was for the KyuuRanger movie, but this feels like this was just a one-off for more Ex-Aid stuff
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Genms -The Presidents- Part 2 released

Post by Lunagel »

So... What was the point of that? It was kinda fun so alright but feels superfluous?

About the dick-measuring line: takenoko put it in as a joke originally but honestly it works as a decent translation and fits the scene pretty well so... Yeah, they're measuring dicks
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I very earnestly sat for a few minutes to think of an alternate line, but none of them felt as good as it. It just worked too well, despite feeling mildly inappropriate lol
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:57 am I very earnestly sat for a few minutes to think of an alternate line, but none of them felt as good as it. It just worked too well, despite feeling mildly inappropriate lol
At the very least you didn't pull an American censorship with a Gosh Dang It to Heck. :lol:
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

It was alright but the ending song is the best thing that came out of this special.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TheNinjaDragon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:15 am
takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:57 am I very earnestly sat for a few minutes to think of an alternate line, but none of them felt as good as it. It just worked too well, despite feeling mildly inappropriate lol
At the very least you didn't pull an American censorship with a Gosh Dang It to Heck. :lol:
Oh no, I hate that shit. I just more mean like, trying to not ruin the tone of what's going on with the video. I think it's important to try to put personality and style into the subs, but not at the cost of being too distracting. (Which is totally hypocritical because I'm sure I've totally done that before)

In this case, I feel like "dick measuring contest" might be the very edge of something Mr. Thouser would say. I imagine if he were a real person, he'd probably have said it in a more erudite way
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Always fun to see Kuroto chewing up the scenery but, yeah... what the hell did I just watch?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Two viruses infected Gai?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was enjoyable. It didn't go anywhere - and frankly I wasn't really expecting it to in only two parts - but it was fun all the same. Dan Kuroto is the hammiest evil bastard that Toei has ever turned out, and it's always a hoot to watch him be unrepentantly over-the-top evil.:D

And do my eyes deceive me, or is that Genm Level 2 that we see? That such a rare form for him, since he was almost always Dangerous Zombie or Level 0.
takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:26 am I just don't understand how this sort of thing exists. Did they film this over the actors' lunch breaks? Normally I'd assume this sort of thing was a precursor to a movie like Hero Mama was for the KyuuRanger movie, but this feels like this was just a one-off for more Ex-Aid stuff
This was for TTFC, right? And TTFC is a paid service. So I would think that Toei would need to make content for the service, to keep people interested in subscribing. Plus, the actor playing Kuroto is clearly enjoying the role. :lol:

Anyhow, it definitely didn't add anything of note to Dan Kuroto's already lengthy story. However it's not a bad bit of coda for Gai. Despite his transgressions, he's not an utterly evil bastard like the two Dans. So this gives the character a bit of a reset point, perhaps?

Edit: Oh, and Level X cleaner :lol:
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Assuming Masamune Dan's age is the same as the actor that portrays him (Hiroyuki Takami), he'd be 51 y/o at the time of this post.
Assuming Kuroto Dan's age is the sam as the actor that portrays him (Iwanaga Tetsuya), he'd be 34 y/o at the time of this post.

If we're to assume that Masamune is Kuroto's father, he'd have to conceive Kuroto at ~17 y/o. That's surprisingly believable, especially given how young some parents are in the West.

It's not impossible that Masamune was a very young dad.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's surprisingly interesting. I just assumed this was another of those situations where the actors playing parent/children are like 5 years apart or something ridiculous like that. Masamune's looking good for 50
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I have a feeling this really was the setup for a movie by reminding us how crazy pretty much every president in Kamen Rider since the beginning of the Heisei Era have really been.
We had a sort of good guy turned temporary evil president in Faiz, a crazy president in OOO, two crazy presidents in Ex-Aid, and a crazy president in Zero-One.

Next year, they'll announce a brand new spinoff series merging Kamen Rider and Super Sentai (for which Saber was the test run)...

Decade is sitting on his throne when his android assistant Peebo, a native of Planet Bio in an alternate universe cries out in shock. Peebo warns TV networks all over the world are pumping out terrible shows that are so bad they're brainwashing half the populace into fighting each other and the other half are falling into comas. Meanwhile the networks have begun taking over world governments. Tsukasa tells Peebo he has to make a stop on a few alternate worlds. Peebo asks why, and Tsukasa responds, "To fight the networks, we need five presidents with attitude."

He then assembles a team and gives them the power to become a sentai: Kaiba Yuji, who becomes Kamen Rider Jedi, with the power of neon and laser swords; Kōgami, who becomes Kamen Rider Kēki, with the power of birthdays; Dan Masamune, who becomes Kamen Rider Founder, who has the power of schedules and deadlines; Dan Kuroto, who becomes Kamen Rider Cheats, with the power of cheat codes; and Amatsu Gai, who becomes Kamen Rider Overstatement, with the power to briefly amplify an attack by 1,000 percent and can draw the attacks of the enemy for 1,000 seconds but has no other powers.

Together, they are Kamen Sentai President 5 *cue cheesy '80s glam rock music*
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”