Zenkaiger 08 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 09, 2021 6:23 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
55%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 20
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Zenkaiger 08 released

Post by Lunagel »

erikhol wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:01 am What was it meant by Juran when he said he wished he’d stay in “colorful” or something like that? Was that a cultural reference to something? Just curious?

Also, how’d decision go to go with Tsuukai, or trilling? Instead of Twokai? Just curious.
Colorful is the name of the shop they're always hanging out at

Tsuukai is a synonym for goukai.

Goukai - 豪快 ごうかい hearty; exciting; stirring; lively; heroic; largehearted; splendid
Tsuukai- 痛快 つうかい intense pleasure; thrilling

As a Gokaiger-themed sentai member, it makes way more sense for his name to be Tsuukai than Twokai. What is he even a two of? Second face sentai I suppose, but frankly if they're trying to push that the robos are full team members this time, it doesn't make sense to call him number 2
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:55 am Gokai Blue's actor is too big now, sadly.
Really? But he's so plain looking sometimes

Frankly, I'm glad it's not Twokai since I saw that when pics were leaking and that seemed like the dumbest name
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:41 am
erikhol wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:01 am What was it meant by Juran when he said he wished he’d stay in “colorful” or something like that? Was that a cultural reference to something? Just curious?

Also, how’d decision go to go with Tsuukai, or trilling? Instead of Twokai? Just curious.
Colorful is the name of the shop they're always hanging out at

Tsuukai is a synonym for goukai.

Goukai - 豪快 ごうかい hearty; exciting; stirring; lively; heroic; largehearted; splendid
Tsuukai- 痛快 つうかい intense pleasure; thrilling

As a Gokaiger-themed sentai member, it makes way more sense for his name to be Tsuukai than Twokai. What is he even a two of? Second face sentai I suppose, but frankly if they're trying to push that the robos are full team members this time, it doesn't make sense to call him number 2
Oh ok! Thanks for explaining it! I thought it being Tsuukai might make more sense with how it’s spelled in Japanese. As for what he’s two of?? I thought that was obvious, his two powers of OhRanger and Shinkenger.

It actually makes the phrase “Trilling revolution” make more sense, instead of a twokai revolution.

And I forgot the name of the candy shop! Thanks for explaining that.

I can’t wait to see his mecha in action! The crocodile ship coming out of the smoke was so cool and pretty! Even when it’s rushed out for an early debut, 6th Ranger appearances always excite!
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:55 am Gokai Blue's actor is too big now, sadly.
He gained a lot of weight?
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I'm really liking Tssukaiser.

I definitely didn't expect the first things out of his mouth to be a "Song & Dance" routine.

Also, is anybody getting a "Space Sheriff" vibe with the Space Ship entrance and the female side kick shown in the next ep preview?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:48 am
No. She meant the actor's popularity and/or fame in Japan. I can't be so sure if he will accept Toei's invitation to guest star in this series.

Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

DaVinci030 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:44 am
Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:48 am
No. She meant the actor's popularity and/or fame in Japan. I can't be so sure if he will accept Toei's invitation to guest star in this series.
Ah yeah. Once actors become an A-lister, Toie can no longer afford them. Happened in Kabuto and W.
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

I wonder how Luka would deal with "Gokai" gold she'd elbow him in the ribs knowing her but I always thought that Gai's Gold mode should've been a Gold ranger in its own right but they did that with Noël which is better than nothing i guess, superb episode and it toned down the silly aspects which I am greatfull for it is getting a bit wearing on me
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

We already got GokaiSilver. It's time for GokaiGold :lol:

But hei, the henshin dance, I dig it
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Ashki wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:13 am The only issue I really had with this episode is Stacee's lineage. Didn't he call Ijirude father in the special? Or was Barashitara actually present but off-camera in that scene? But other than that, this was still a fun episode overall and still far better than anything from the other sentai series for this year.
I'm pretty sure I remember Stacey mentioning him being someone else's son at the end of episode 6, but whatevs I guess. :P
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

OK I gave this series up till now a chance, it's not bad but I don't know still not feeling it for this series. Maybe it's them not reading off their colors or maybe it's them not having giant something to gattai. I don't know but I just don't seem to be liking this series as much, I mean I don't hate either so I guess I'm just sitting on the fence. And is that the battle fever but dark version on that Stacee guy was it? Also a singing and dancing pirate......hrmmm.....
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!

Ghost23 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:35 am OK I gave this series up till now a chance, it's not bad but I don't know still not feeling it for this series. Maybe it's them not reading off their colors or maybe it's them not having giant something to gattai. I don't know but I just don't seem to be liking this series as much, I mean I don't hate either so I guess I'm just sitting on the fence. And is that the battle fever but dark version on that Stacee guy was it? Also a singing and dancing pirate......hrmmm.....
I'm loving all these changes.

Every once in a while, changing the standard Sentai formula is nice.

Not every year, but every now and then, change up the formula is good for the franchise.

Kinda like SunVulcan with it's 3 member team.

Abaranger with it's initial 3 member team that expanded to 5 members by the very end.

Or Kyuuranger with it's 12 member team.

Having the Robo's Gattai in a Kamen Rider W like fashion is unique, I just wish there was more combinations allowed.

Having 4 Robo's as your Rangers is also kinda neat.

And getting a new "Gokaiger" 10 years after the show has aired is really awesome.

So I'm super jazzed by this year. A breath of fresh air.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!

TheNinjaDragon wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am
Ashki wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:13 am The only issue I really had with this episode is Stacee's lineage. Didn't he call Ijirude father in the special? Or was Barashitara actually present but off-camera in that scene? But other than that, this was still a fun episode overall and still far better than anything from the other sentai series for this year.
I'm pretty sure I remember Stacey mentioning him being someone else's son at the end of episode 6, but whatevs I guess. :P
I don't understand how Kikainoid DNA & Human DNA would even mesh together?

And how could humans be attracted to Kikainoids in any romantic way?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

It will be a giant waste if there isn't a pirate vs ninja dance off ...

It will also be a waste if some MOTW doesn't interrupt gold with "Urusai, Baka!".

This series is the car wreck series that keeps crashing.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

resop2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:44 pm This series is the car wreck series that keeps crashing.
If nothing else, it's popcorn and/or riff worthy.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”