Total votes: 92
Jiryuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Haruto Soma
Favorite Actor?: Shunya Shiraishi
Favorite Band: SiM, Baby Metal, all of LDH groups, all of Hypnosis Microphone's divisions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV, Tokusatsu, Boku no Hero Academia, J-music, video games, Vtubing/Virtual Streaming, and 3D modeling.

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Jiryuu »

Greetings! I'm Jiryuu! Recently turned 31 a few months back. I'm a new forum user and made my account a couple years back, so I could help provide some Kamen Rider Splash Screens! Only managed to upload a few till extreme IRL troubles started happening, though, sadly. I'm mostly a socially disinterested/Asocial person, but I will talk if someone talks to me first/initiates a conversation, plus I'm mostly on Discord (even if I'm not online). lol

Anyroad! My family and I were always more into the 'cool' kind of shows like Transformers, Gundam, etc. (we do like cutesy shows like Acchi-Kocchi and whatnot, but we like cool stuff a little more. XD ), so we got into Tokusatsu and found TVN subs at the same time when Kamen Rider Decade was being aired because of my sister and I's love for J-Rock singer Gackt (who provided songs for Decade), and we got the subbed episodes from TV-Nihon first and have been getting our Toku fix from here ever since! Decade was also a gateway into earlier Kamen Rider series which we came to love like Faiz, Den-O, Kiva. We've watched a few Super Sentai series, but we find they just don't have that...umph! that Kamen Rider gives us, though we did like Shinkenger, and Kaizoku. Then came Garo, which I freaking love as much as Kamen Rider~ We also got all of the doramas from here too (my brothers are still waiting in agony for GEAR Fighter Dendoh to be finished. lol)~

Other things I do when I'm not dealing with IRL stuff is watch anime and doramas, read manga/manhwa/manhua, listen to music, dabble in creative writing (fanfics and original works), art/3D modeling and 3D rendering (all of which don't happen often as I struggle with depression constantly)~

A pleasure to meet everyone! C:
BlitzGodTheBasedGod
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite Band: Crossfaith
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by BlitzGodTheBasedGod »

The name's Blitz,29 turning 30 this year. well I use to have an account here way back(2011?) but didn't post a single one probably got deleted but I don't mind at all(I also forgot my account name), this is my first time to reply on a topic , I just usually lurk on the forums for the DVD/BD release thread.

Here's my other intro:
I'm not good on writing or speaking english but I will do my best to speak here.

I discovered TV-N around 2009 in YT when someone
Uploaded all of the episodes of decade into his/her channel. TV-N is the one who got me reconnect my love for KR and SS and introducing me to other toku series like Garo, without TV-N I won't be a fan of tokusatsu, TV-N is always the first thing that comes out of my mind when theirs a new upcoming KR and SS series will be fan subbed, I know their are other subbers out there who are good but I still prefer TV-N even they upload late but I don't mind at all, sometimes I download from sub groups for the movies and special but I usually delete it when TV-N release's one.

My love for toku started with MMPR and Saban Rider in my childhood days, saw also bioman, Jetman, shadier, and KR black during the time I was watching MMPR, then I stop watching PR during Zeo was aired in my country was dubbed to filipino, which I lost interest in watching, then I got back watching PR and was aired in Cartoon network it was Wild force at the time, was fan of the PR franchise until Operation Overdrive, then I stop watching from PR RPM(I had no time watching it, was busy with school life) and lost interest in Samurai. For the KR series Blade was my first Heisei show I watch and It was showed in Cartoon network and It was in English dubbed, well I did saw ryuki and faiz but it was aired on a local tv station and was dubbed to filipino but it didn't got me interested to watch( I'm truly sorry for being somehow racist to my own language), the second KR heisei series that I have watched is Kabuto (via CN Asia/PH), who started to get me hyped for loving the KR franchise and helped me mentally Sane during my 2nd year college days, a year after watching Kabuto I was introduce to Decade which it got me very hyped and first time to watch it on subs it was by TV-N, I forgot to mention other series that I watched was W until Zero-One, didn't dropped or skipped a single series well except for the early ones like agito,den-o,kiva,
I might watch this three if I have time (might ask some
of my IRL friends who are also KR fans to give me copy of older Heisei series)also did re-watch Faiz and watch kuuga also after watching Decade.

For the SS:
I got re-introduce to the franchise when I saw clips from gekiranger about their transformation sequence on YT, also got interested in the franchise when I found out the SS had more tragedy and some ranger ends up being killed. I got back watching SS and it was Shinkenger and finished it loved it, didn't finished watching nininger, didn't watched kiramager(no space for my hard drive), I did finished other series like goseiger,gokaiger,gobusters,kyoryuger,toqger,jyuohger,kyuuranger,lupinranger vs patranger,ryusoulger.

For non toku shows, I do watch anime but too many to mention and don't know where to start it.

I also read manga but mostly I read is isekai, but I do sometimes read shounen genre if it interest my taste.

Since I ran out of words to say, I hope I did good in introducing myself here even for a short speech.

Currently watching KR Saber and Zenkaiger.

TV-Nihon will always be number one to me when it comes to fan subbing a Toku series.
HWNJ
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Motherfucker!
Samuel L. Jackson
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by HWNJ »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:11 pm BTW, how long ago did you find sentai out of curiosity?
It was 2005 I think... SPD was released on 2005, right? Then 2005...
Raishinshi

Post by Raishinshi »

Hi everyone, it's the first time i post in the forum but i follow TV-Nihon releases since 2007.

I'm brazilian and watched some toku on TV in the late 80's and early 90's, i grew up and kinda forgot about tokusatsu, so i found TV-Nihon and watched Dekaranger out of curiosity how of Toku Shows are nowadays and fall in love with tokusatsu again.

Since that time Tokusatsu is my favorite type of show and really helped me to face a lot of life hardships. And TV-Nihon always was my fansub of choice.

What ever happens now, i will keep accompanyng and seeing everything you guys will sub or even if there's just the forum.

Thanks to everybody on TV-Nihon to provide me ways to have contact again with tokusatsu and so many shows that i will never forget
Roz JC
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: State of Spiritual Nothingness Makes Even Fire Itself Cool

Post by Roz JC »

Oh hi guys!

I only started watching toku shows because of TV-Nihon.

I think Goseiger was the first show I started watching weekly with you guys.

I briefly got involved with the forum discussions then ended up just lurking and watching the shows in silence.

Outside of toku shows, I watch a bunch of anime; usually picking up at least 3 or 4 shows every season.
Tensuzangetsux

Post by Tensuzangetsux »

Hey guy,

I'm Raj, 24 years old, Got into Tokusatsu series back in the early 2014's love it to death. I've always been a big supporter of Tv-Nihon. Tv-Nihon was my go-to for tokusatsu almost exclusively for years, I wouldn't have had the love and appreciation I do now for it. I've watched countless Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series a result and loved every moment of it. Granted I've been taken a break recently for the last year for school, but seeing Tv-Nihon in need of support I came almost immediately. My support will be ever remaining and steadfast. During my younger years, I almost looked up to these series being a Canadian born kid I loved Power Rangers and loved the idea of it, itching for me I was beyond impressed when I happen to stumble on to Kamen Rider Gaim, thanks to my trip watching a lot of Gen Urobuchi content at the time. Well from there it was pretty easy

Would love a link to the Discord, btw.

I personally have watched all of the Neo-Heisei Era, Most of Heisei, Some Showa, Nothing from Reiwa YET.

My Favourites are Kamen Rider W, Gaim, Build, Kabuto, Ryuki, Shinkenger, Go-Ongers, KyoRyuger, Dekaranger, Gekiranger, Go-Busters.

Thank you,

All my Love and Support for Tv-Nihon!
Willisjames318
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Power Rangers & Masked Rider!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Willisjames318 »

My name is Willis Tyrone James and I call myself Willisjames318! I was born in Monroe LA. I watch Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Masked Rider, Beetleborgs & Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I am a fan and all fan of TV-Nihon. Toei sold out Super Sentai & Kamen Riders from you & TV-Nihon. I love Super Sentai & Kamen Rider! We need to get to give them back! The COVID-19 spreading all to the world! We have a need a all vaccine shots in us and in all of us! This is our shot and we can do this together! Together we will get all super sentai & kamen riders back and sub them. Together we can make a difference, get a chance of doing things avi to mp4. Together we can save TV-Nihon.
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

Hi, mexican fan here.

I have watched Power Rangers since I have memory of, I started with Dino Thunder and SPD and eventually watched from Lost Galaxy to Samurai. This last one, since it was the revival of PR at the time, got me excited again with the franchise I was always looking for videos on YouTube all the time. One day I stumbled upon with a Legendary War video, MegaForce didn't exist yet, but I found the Gokaiger vs Goseiger movie with subs in Spanish. I loved it and I found Gokaiger on YouTube with TVN subs. At the time the subs blew my mind due to all the effects that came when the mobirates said a Sentai's name. Gokaiger is still one of all time favorite show, I watched all the movies and then I watched Super Hero Taisen and I tried Decade. Although the final episode and movie didn't make sense, I liked the show enough to give other series a try and now I have watched almost all of Heisei and I keeping up with Reiwa.

Another show that I discovered thanks to you was Garo. I didn't know what it was but I saw Decade was the villain so I started with Yami wo Tera (because I wanted to go in the proper order) and then Gold Storm. I liked this last one enough to give the Saejima universe a try and I have almost finished it.

I created this account a long time ago, however due to real life issues I abandoned this forum. Now with the C&D letter and the revival of the forum I thought it might be a good time to come back. I cannot thank you enough for all the work you have done. While I just watch whatever fansub is available at the moment, I could say without a doubt that at least one third of all the tokusatsu I have watched was with TVN subs.
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

Hi all. I'm Katiana or Katy and am from Texas. I'll actually be turning 24 in three days on the 20th. I've been lurking on the far edges of the fandom for years but never really participated much.

I started watching Toku I'm guessing around the time Gokaiger was airing. Guessing because when I first started watching Abaranger (my first toku) it was back when a ton of shows were available on YouTube and so I paid absolutely no attention to news and other current stuff going on. When I actually started paying attention was around the time Super Hero Taisen got announced and I can vaguely remember the hype for it but this was long before I'd watched much beyond probably Abaranger and Hurricanger. I think I may have watched it purely because of the hype around it but having watched exactly none of the shows featured in it I had no idea what was going on. The announcement for SHTZ was when I really started actually paying attention to stuff going on in the fandom in general and watching for new releases of older shows. I can still remember when pre-Deka stuff was hard to find fully subbed or if you did find it subbed it was generally with the old Hong Kong subs.

OOO was the first Kamen Rider I ever watched back when Wizard was airing around the time Infinity debuted. Gaim is so far the only show I've watched week to week, start to finish from all the hype and announcements and reactions to said announcements (still remember how confused everybody was with the fruit theme lol).

Choosing favorites is nearly impossible for me. I'm a big fan of Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and GARO and have been considering getting into Ultraman at some point although my backlog of shows I need to finish and/or catch up on only gets longer and longer.

I'm also something of a fan of anime, although I got into the Toku fandom before I got into anime.
pumaoblivion
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zero-One
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Build
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by pumaoblivion »

Hello everyone, im a toku and anime fan from Maine, in the USA. My first series that got me interested was actually Power Rangers and Saban's Masked Rider. Thats what got my gears going I am going on 44 now, and have been a fan of Toku for a long time, but my first Introduction to TV-Nihon in general was the Sailor Moon live action and well it snowballed from there I have watched all of the Heisi series from Kuuga and onward, as for Sentai my first on TV-N was definally Dekaranger. I wish I learned a second language, but getting fansubs was one of the things that made me see the newest and hottest stuff from Japan I have followed Anime in general even back to Voltron and Robotech days in the states and to this day I have appreciated all the hard work that every fansub group has done. And I hope to enjoy these kind of series more, maybe Ill give Ultraman another shot. This place is one of the keystones of Toku series. And no matter what happens, I still will support this place the best I can
StarSabreEvan
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Natsuki Mamiya

Post by StarSabreEvan »

I know I'm late to the party. But it felt important that I put myself out there. My name is Evan, and I've been following TV-Nihon since 2006 when I first watched Boukenger while during High School. I was 16 then, and now I am 31. Back then, I had only briefly looked at raw Sentai clips uploaded to Youtube. Boukenger was the first fully subbed Sentai I ever watched all the way through, and TV-Nihon was the first fansub group I first learned about. There are other groups that I follow and download from still today, but I've always been amazed by the amount of effort that goes into the quality of every project. I still have a backlog of downloaded series that I've been converting into MP4 formats for quite a long time.

I first watched all of Boukenger on Veoh. Not sure it's around anymore, but I remember a lot of other subbed shows that got uploaded there. As soon as I figured out how torrents worked, I started downloading on a very frequent basis. As of now, Super Sentai shows that I have watched in their entirety are Bioman, Changeman, Maskman, Liveman, Jetman through Kakuranger, CarRanger, MegaRanger, Hurricaneger through GekiRanger, Shinkenger through Ninninger, as well as Kyoryuger Brave (I know it's not Japanese, but itis still kind of significant for Kyoryuger). Other Toku shows include Kamen Rider Black & RX, the KR films of J, ZO, The First, The Next (Takenoko Cut), Madan Senki Ryukendo, Shougeki Gouraigan, and the first Garo up to Red Requiem.

It's certainly a big list already, and it's kinda nice to know that there's almost nothing to run out of when it comes to Tokusatsu in general.

Return to “Off Topic”