My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 36 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.7 /5 stars (20 votes)

Pity this is the first episode we're dropping from Saber, since it's a relatively strong one. Good plotting and character and pacing even

What? Bahato is still alive?

Why is Durandel attacking Saber? That's pretty bonkers considering the situation

Oh, so now we finally know what Kento is going on about. Apparently Yuuri knew all this time???

Master Logos is great. When did Soma get so good at acting?
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 36 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

So if Touma becomes Guardian of Wonderworld to save the world from ruin, in essence he becomes Tassel, am I right? Character that we have seen being able to talk with Yuuri and Master Logos, so I don't fully understand how I should be worried.

I liked that the Shindai brothers rebelled against Isaac, although I would've preferred Reika to be the one to break the deal, since she's been the one that actually noticed that Master Logos was coluded with the Meggido.

I read this in another place, if pay attention to Kamijou's hand you can see he wears a glove in his right hand, possibly to prevent the apocalyptic visions. Nice little detail.

I liked Solomon's transformation. But I'm neutral towards the design. I don't dislike it, but I don't see it really special.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Because of how they wrote the katakana, I think his name is Izak, which is Hebrew for "laughter". It's basically an alternative to Isaac
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay writer, one character with an oniichan complex, you're using the stereotype. Two characters with an oniichan complex, I begin to think you just have a little sister complex.

At least Kanon was only Oniichan Hell, Reika's about to go Cersi Lannister over here
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Logos whole transformation sounded like a monster truck rally commercial tbh. and his repaint excaliber isnt doing it for me either, they even rehashed the giant sword in the air that its original deco had. and where does solomon come from within this context?

Phoenix is still around huh?

i guess Ren still hasnt learned to be selfless when fighting, im guessing thats his malfunction. and REALLY? the swordman of light couldnt explain to Kento that he ONLY sees the worst future? like, has NO ONE told Kento this so he calms down? but good thing the swordsman of light is a bit crooked too in admitting he was using touma and changed his mind.

ok, so he felt mankind was stagnate and wanted to stimulate change, and to do that he's going to reset the world. that doesnt seem to get him to his goal. his 2 rider henchmen turning on him in the end comes off as a nice touch but is it really?
TajadorCombo
Infinity

Post by TajadorCombo »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:25 pm Because of how they wrote the katakana, I think his name is Izak, which is Hebrew for "laughter". It's basically an alternative to Isaac
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know how you were going to translate it so I just took it from Wikipedia. :)
midorininger wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:44 pm and where does solomon come from within this context?
I think is just an evil take on the biblical figure. Since King Solomon was known to be a wise and just person, our Solomon is the opposite, maybe due to being the incomplete version. Although, I think remember one criticism to the historical King Solomon which was that he never was a religious follower, he saw religion more as a help to politics and I think he even learned things from other religions.

Another thing that could relate to Solomon is that the tale of King Solomon's Temple is the basis for freemasonry, which would be the best parallel to Sword of Logos that we could make. The Freemasons' goal is to pursue knowledge and transcend history and S.o.L.'s is to protect the books that could led to destruction if they were in the wrong hands, both have the idea of brotherhood and knowledge. It's my best guess.

I wonder if Izak has some relation to his biblical counterpart, or they just thought the name sounded cool.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I doubt it's as deep as Freemasonry, likely it's just Solomon being knwonnfor being wise = books

Izak is just the non-Anglicanized spelling of Isaac, they're the same Biblical figure
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We still work on the wiki page https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rid ... _36#Trivia

The only reason I think it's Izak is because it's Izaku (イザク)

Isaac is normally written as Isaku (イサク)

Considering Japanese is a phonetic language, it feels intentional
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

The odd thing is that it doesn't follow any of the possible pronunciations Isaac could be in various languages.

Isaac アイザック aizakku
Hebrew יִצְחָק (yits-khawk' イツハク) itsuhaku
Ancient Greek Ισαάκ (Isaak)
Arabic اسحاق‎ (ʾIsḥāq イスハーク)isuhaaku

Perhaps it's a combination with the hard z sound in English?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I didn't check that far. I just saw that Isaac had an official katakana spelling so I assumed this was just a weird variant

Honestly the first result you get from searching Izaku is some Ultraman kaiju. Maybe Izaku is just a Japanese name and we're all reading too much into it since the surrounding stuff draws from Hebrew/Christian mythology?
TajadorCombo
Infinity

Post by TajadorCombo »

Lunagel wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:07 pm Izak is just the non-Anglicanized spelling of Isaac, they're the same Biblical figure
Sorry I meant to say that if Izak (Master Logos) had any relation with the biblical one.
takenoko wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:08 am Maybe Izaku is just a Japanese name and we're all reading too much into it since the surrounding stuff draws from Hebrew/Christian mythology?
Maybe the toy department thought I would be cool to have Solomon as the name since Arthur was already used, but this piece of trivia will not be used by the writer.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Let's face it, Arthur had pretty much jack shit to do with the legend, so seems rather pointless hoping for better with Solomon
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

and again all that hype on getting king arthurs book and the trails that went with it and pretty much after attaining it, it was went into inventory to not be seen or heard from again. in fact the final show down with caliber was pretty much his 3 books form, and dual wielding Rekka and Ikkazuchi blades.
TajadorCombo
Infinity

Post by TajadorCombo »

That's the thing with Saber, it has good ideas but bad execution.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

3 months (~12 eps) left to deal with this situation... jesus, and I thought Ex-Aid and Build climaxed too early... fuck.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”