Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

BOLTAGON
Number 6
Number 6

Re: Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

Post by BOLTAGON »

Welp, there goes my TV-N streak of Rider/Sentai shows... No subs would ever compare to yours when it comes to terminologies and editing. Plus, your subs were HDD-space friendly, so that's another bummer...

Hoping this issue blows over and we can resume enjoying your KR/SS releases without any issues.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

JKPhage wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:40 pm Just my personal suggestion, since the dropping of two major series and ruling out of any of their past iterations leaves you with some great options to pick up that the Toku community would love to see finally accessible to western audiences. You guys kept me from gnawing off my arm in frustration when you subbed PGSM as it released so I didn't have to miss out on the delightful goofiness of it, and seeing the discussions of other series you worked on led me to branch out from just Sentai stuff as well, so I hope you remain a presence in the community and use your skills to make some wishes come true. Don't use your power for good, use it for *awesome*.
I like those suggestions... and have a couple more.

Bunnyhat released raws for B-Fighter Kabuto, so that series will be easy to get hold of. Also,GuST did a raw rip of Condorman in surprisingly good quality. Both are up on KRDL. I'm also still rooting for TVN to do Ipanema and Pai Pai, which aren't in the best of shape (TTW uses the same source as the raws that have been circulating a couple years now, so the masters might not even exist anymore) but are still a lot of fun and well worth subbing.

Also, I'd like to see Kamen Soldier Miyuki (to fill that Kamen Rider itch) and Superman Tights (a 15 minute promotional vid done by the voice actor of Ryotaros) get the TVN treatment since neither have been subbed and the raws for both are DVD rips. Plus, one-shots are a great way to pass the time while waiting for larger projects to drop.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Ashki wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:32 am TVN has what... three translators? Take and Luna do most of thew work but I believe the one who was doing the TVN Ultraman subs is part of the group. Three people translating in their spare time equals very limited release schedules. Without the weekly KR/SS shows to worry about, it frees these talented folk to go back and translate more tokusatsu like Sh15uya, PGSM, Spider-Man, or non-TOEI sentai series.
Spider-Man was done already by Marvel. Used to have the whole series subbed on their website.
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

I was mainly using it in my comment as an example of the variety of shows out there beyond TOEI KR/SS, My other two examples have both already been subbed by TVN already, after all.

In all honesty, I actually have the official sub on my HD right now, but do admit I wouldn't complain if it got the TVN touch.The show is literally the reason we now have Super Sentai, so it deserves a lot more love and attention than it's gotten over the years.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 pm Obviously the thread title is me being cheeky. But seriously, if people have questions that I can answer that aren't already covered, let me know. I'll try to be good at keeping up with this thread, although I may coward out too. Sometimes that's how I am!
On a lighter note, what are you going to do with all of your new-found free time? :D
Iamquailman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Iamquailman »

RealKingRanger wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:57 am
Iamquailman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:38 pm Shout out to all those people who went at Shirakura on Twitter and continue to stir the pot, y’all da real mvp. /s

Thanks again to the TV-Nihon team for everything throughout! I’m happy to at least see you guys are continuing commercials! I plug them in between episodes and makes it almost like watching real tv when putting them on in the background.

Hopefully when the dust settles, S46 will see a triumphant Sentai return for TV-N!
No. Just no. You encouraging people to attack producers and such of these shows is disgusting and helps no one.
Sorry if the /s at the end of the sentence wasn't apparent enough to signal i was being sarcastic. I definitely do not endorse that kind of action
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by faizinmotion »

I think it's a relief that you all chose to continue subbing the CMs. It's always satisfying to satiate your curiosity about what CMs were like and which products were popular at a point in time.

For overseas viewers, how would someone be able to watch the newest Sentai/Rider series? Which cable companies in North America (my residence) provide the channels that broadcast said shows?
RealKingRanger
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: There can be only one

Post by RealKingRanger »

Iamquailman wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:04 pm
RealKingRanger wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:57 am

No. Just no. You encouraging people to attack producers and such of these shows is disgusting and helps no one.
Sorry about that.
Sorry if the /s at the end of the sentence wasn't apparent enough to signal i was being sarcastic. I definitely do not endorse that kind of action
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Runba wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:07 pm god not Over-Time, Their "translations" are on par with 4kidz. so much unnecessary dialogue changes and localizations.

You guys were the last bastion of "TRUE" translation. Cant believe you are damning us to them.

cowards
Overtime aren't quite THAT bad. They're not Aesir or Imagination. And they've gotten slightly better over the years. Their Go-Busters and Kyoryuger were barely watchable with how much they butchered them.

Do what I do, and go through and Find+Replace the worst stuff before an episode. Then when it's done, I go through the script manually to create a good, tolerable version.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

What's happening? Did the team get a response from legal?

Also, just my opninion, but,
as I'm so used to seeing, like, a thousand pirate outlets and a lot of various subbing groups (in general, not limited to toku stuff) existing for years, cancelling everything like that seems like a huge overreaction.
I mean, even the softsubs..?
I'm really hoping it's a part of some plan to take on a new pen name and just plug yourself somewhere in one of the future posts :P
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Bomyne wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:27 pm
MonarchVV wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:16 pm My question is, what legal ways are there to watch Toku? I found some articles on the topic but they're a bit dated. I found the Toei Tokusatsu World Official Channel, and while they've been uploading some episodes from older shows I would like to know if there are alternatives to keep up with current running shows.
For older stuff, Shout Factory used to release subbed Sentai in the USA. They were officially licensed. But I think they stopped doing that, sadly. You might still be able to find those DVDs in circulation.
I'd like to make a spreadsheet at some point, though from what I can tell the big ones are:
  • Mill Creek/ShoutFactoryTV - pretty much all the Showa-era and 2010s Ultraman
  • Shout Factory - as Bomyne mentioned, they have a little over a decade's worth of Sentai (they've stopped due to an ownership change, though), but they're also doing some Kamen Rider stuff including (eventually) Zero-One
  • Amazon still has Amazons, at least on my end, but some say it's lost it?
  • Toku HD has some Rider and Ultraman, but its reputation is not the best
  • As you'd mentioned, TTWO's uploading older shows and the first couple eps of Rider ones
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

Mxylv wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Bomyne wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:27 pm
For older stuff, Shout Factory used to release subbed Sentai in the USA. They were officially licensed. But I think they stopped doing that, sadly. You might still be able to find those DVDs in circulation.
I'd like to make a spreadsheet at some point, though from what I can tell the big ones are:
  • Mill Creek/ShoutFactoryTV - pretty much all the Showa-era and 2010s Ultraman
  • Shout Factory - as Bomyne mentioned, they have a little over a decade's worth of Sentai (they've stopped due to an ownership change, though), but they're also doing some Kamen Rider stuff including (eventually) Zero-One
  • Amazon still has Amazons, at least on my end, but some say it's lost it?
  • Toku HD has some Rider and Ultraman, but its reputation is not the best
  • As you'd mentioned, TTWO's uploading older shows and the first couple eps of Rider ones
If you're going for completion, ZEN Productions (https://www.akiba-heroine.com/) offers a huge chunk of their catalogue of tokusatsu for download (requires a special player, though) and some titles can still be purchased on CD. Many of these were officially subbed by third-party companies and the subs are included. Most of their movies/series are sentai (such as the Dekaranger-inspired Sirenger), but they've also done some Kamen Rider.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:34 pm
Runba wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:07 pm god not Over-Time, Their "translations" are on par with 4kidz. so much unnecessary dialogue changes and localizations.

You guys were the last bastion of "TRUE" translation. Cant believe you are damning us to them.

cowards
Overtime aren't quite THAT bad. They're not Aesir or Imagination. And they've gotten slightly better over the years. Their Go-Busters and Kyoryuger were barely watchable with how much they butchered them.

Do what I do, and go through and Find+Replace the worst stuff before an episode. Then when it's done, I go through the script manually to create a good, tolerable version.
How can I subscribe to your subs?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:41 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:34 pm

How can I subscribe to your subs?
I stopped posting stuff a long time ago, but my archive I keep is here: https://mega.nz/folder/9NQU0QCA#kYYXPIZuF4Ik_TYUoeIJOQ

Most stuff is either for the Bunny Hat Raws or OZC's releases. I'm intending to update some older stuff and finally get around to the newer stuff at some point.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Qayyim
Quote: Rider Time Kamen Rider Zi-O

Post by Qayyim »

Hello sorry to ask but if Tv Nihon cancel KR Saber & Zenkaiger what about another V-Cinema of Zero One Others Vulcan & Valkyrie that will come out later at November 2021 did Tv Nihon didn't want to sub it or decided to sub it for the last time I ask because Zero One is almost complete the Zero One Others Vulcan & Valkyrie is the last movie of Zero One ?

Return to “Off Topic”