Zenkaiger 14 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 14 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 3.67 of 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Duel deux

Man, Kaito looks like a little boy with that haircut

Man, everything about the duel was so predictable. The dance off was nice though

Stacaesar and Zox sure are stealing the show from the main 5

Samba Milk? Is that a Sentai reference?

Is that Brave's actor in the Gakken cM?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Zenkaiger 14 discussion thread

Post by Aeikozz »

Okay guys we're not doing much of anything else nowadays so. I need this recipe

Pizza Tsukiyaki???? What in the world is that? Anybody have any idea where i might find a recipe for that. I really wanna try that.
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

I think this is the best episode until now.

The plot was so obvious that their plan to trick Stacaesar was pretty satisfactory.

The duel between Zenkaiser and Twokaiser was enjoyable. However the one between Stacaesar and Zox was the real highlight.

The dinner at the end pretty much means that we're closer to have a six-member team. And it felt really natural, nothing felt forced and had a nice exchange between Kaito and Zox.

I hope Flint becomes a ranger too, imagine them using Go-On Wings.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

see my prediction was that kaito wants to go to the tojitendo base as well, so fake the defeat and sneak away with zox to seek out his missing parents.
neat use of Big One to turn the evil JAKQ back on Staceasar. im almost hoping he turns good as his robo is just so sweet id hate to never see it again after his defeat. its only episode 14 but i feel the main team needs a power up because they are already falling behind. although here, Kaito DID show some growth for battle since, even if faked, he did hold his own against zox for a good while.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Where do people watch this stuff?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm Where do people watch this stuff?
I'd check Tokyo Toshokan and Nyaa
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I'm still trying to grok pizza sukiyaki. >.>
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 am I'm still trying to grok pizza sukiyaki. >.>
I was curious so I googled pizza sukiyaki and made it.
https://bazurecipe.com/2021/03/10/%E3%8 ... %E3%81%8D/

200 ml Tomato juice
60 ml white dashi (could probably substitute any broth)
60ml soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 white or sweet onion (sliced thick)
200 g grilled tofu cut into bite-sized pieces (doesn't have to be grilled but does need to be very firm so it doesn't just dissolve)
180 g shirataki noodles (might be difficult to find outside of an Asian grocery store, ramen or even pasta would be an acceptable substitute)
100 g shimeji mushrooms (regular button mushrooms okay, or just add your favorite vegetable pizza topping)
1 bunch Italian parsley
Pepper to taste
300 g thinly sliced beef (or pork)
100 g shredded cheese

Mix tomato juice, dashi, soy sauce and garlic and set aside. Put olive oil and onion in large pot, cook at medium heat until onion is soft. Add tofu, noodles, mushrooms and tomato juice mix and bring to a boil. Add parsley and pepper, then the meat. Top with cheese either in the pot or on individual servings.

With normal sukiyaki, the meat is cooked on a portable gas burner at the table so you only put in a little bit at a time and eat it as soon as it's cooked, meaning it's very tender. If you don't have a portable burner, add the meat last and then immediately turn off the heat so it's forced to cook slowly. You do have to be careful the meat isn't undercooked with this method though.

Consensus: While quite good, it's a far cry from traditional sukiyaki, and frankly just ended up being a tomato hotpot. I'd give it a 7/10 although I probably won't make it again.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I really liked this episode!! This is probably my favorite episode so far. :D :D :)
I hate Ijirude!! The worst villain technician ever!! He said that being just a technician is BORING!! That is such a huge insult to all the technicians!! If he thinks it's BORING, then why is he one in the first place??!! And I'm pretty sure that all the technical work he 'claims' to do is all done by Kaito's parents.

The fight between Kaito and Zox was good. Man, I laughed so hard when I saw Flint and the twins cheering for Zox. I get it that the Goldtsuikar family is themed after the Gokaigers, but I think it's boring that they use the Gokaiger logo even as their symbol. I wish it were something more original.
I also liked that they used so many Sentai gears in this episode. The dance part was funny and interesting. But is that all they can offer from the Battle Fever powers?
It was very predictable that Stacey was gonna betray Zox after defeating Kaito. And it was so funny seeing Kaito float like that. The theatre group poster thing was strange though.
Stacey was really pathetic after he found out that the duel was an act. I expected better from him than acting like a sore loser.
I disagree with what Zox said about Kaito being more interesting than Stacey. That's definitely not true.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 pm Stacaesar and Zox sure are stealing the show from the main 5
Totally. Zenkaiger only got interesting for me after Stacey came. And Stacey and the Goldtsuikar crew are the most fun things in Zenkaiger so far. And this episode and the last one was focusing on Zox and Stacey.
Stacey's changing sequence is still creepy though. I find the injecting the changer thing and the DNA and gears in his eyes very strange.

I get that it's cool how they used Big One to turn the JAKQ team against Stacey, but it still makes the team pretty boring to me. I also think it's annoying that the other Zenkaigers apart from Kaito and Zox can't use Sentai gears on their own. I mean, they have the same belt buckle. Then why can't they use the Sentai gears on their own??!!!

The meal scene at the end lasted longer than I expected. But of course, I enjoyed it a lot.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 pm Man, Kaito looks like a little boy with that haircut
I agree. I always thought that he looked funny. But now I think he's kinda sweet too. :)

The next episode looks even more interesting. I am looking forward to that one a lot. :D :D
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

My ISP actually blocked nyaa (not that decent law abiding people should be using it).

So, Flint is a girl who says "bang bang bang" when shooting a gun?

If they are going to make Flint a ranger then they can do (what I would think would be) a cool call back by her going for a Gokaiger form and winding up with Pink. She then complains that it does not suit her. This would be a call back to when Princess Ahim wound up with a pig form and complained that it did not suit her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh. Time to get a vpn and seed box?
HWNJ
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Motherfucker!
Samuel L. Jackson
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by HWNJ »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 am
Sinkuu wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 am I'm still trying to grok pizza sukiyaki. >.>
I was curious so I googled pizza sukiyaki and made it.
https://bazurecipe.com/2021/03/10/%E3%8 ... %E3%81%8D/

200 ml Tomato juice
60 ml white dashi (could probably substitute any broth)
60ml soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 white or sweet onion (sliced thick)
200 g grilled tofu cut into bite-sized pieces (doesn't have to be grilled but does need to be very firm so it doesn't just dissolve)
180 g shirataki noodles (might be difficult to find outside of an Asian grocery store, ramen or even pasta would be an acceptable substitute)
100 g shimeji mushrooms (regular button mushrooms okay, or just add your favorite vegetable pizza topping)
1 bunch Italian parsley
Pepper to taste
300 g thinly sliced beef (or pork)
100 g shredded cheese

Mix tomato juice, dashi, soy sauce and garlic and set aside. Put olive oil and onion in large pot, cook at medium heat until onion is soft. Add tofu, noodles, mushrooms and tomato juice mix and bring to a boil. Add parsley and pepper, then the meat. Top with cheese either in the pot or on individual servings.

With normal sukiyaki, the meat is cooked on a portable gas burner at the table so you only put in a little bit at a time and eat it as soon as it's cooked, meaning it's very tender. If you don't have a portable burner, add the meat last and then immediately turn off the heat so it's forced to cook slowly. You do have to be careful the meat isn't undercooked with this method though.

Consensus: While quite good, it's a far cry from traditional sukiyaki, and frankly just ended up being a tomato hotpot. I'd give it a 7/10 although I probably won't make it again.
You should showcased your creation in pictures galore!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm not really into the whole Instagram thing and the pictures on the recipe website are far prettier than anything I could've done
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Lunagel is amazing!.
msf232
Faiz