Zenkaiger THE MOVIE: Red Battle! Big All Sentai Gathering!! discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger THE MOVIE: Red Battle! Big All Sentai Gathering!! discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

As much as I like past sentai guests, this is going to be so annoying to work on

Kaito, you should use the power that lets you summon 44 dudes to help you more often
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Zenkaiger THE MOVIE: Red Battle! Big All Sentai Gathering!! discussion thread

Post by DaVinci030 »

For me, it's not a good anniversary movie without the screen time of red dudes fighting the remaining villains.

fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Re: Zenkaiger THE MOVIE: Red Battle! Big All Sentai Gathering!! discussion thread

Post by fartboy »

So these Anon people included a commentary track with it but it's not subtitled. How am I supposed to understand it? LOL
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I got that too. It was a bonus CD. I don't really listen to those, but people are welcome to check it out and maybe summarize the gist of it
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

So Kaito is the teams Ranger ball? that was EXTREMELY random even for this show.
Gaon talking to the cat:
Gaon being Gaon, Cat: wtf is this? where's my agent? ... i specifically said i wanted to be on Ultraman.
Continuity Error! Kyuemon is a good GUY now! as Midoninger! he/she has been redeemed! and also, Kyuemon ... Saybai bye wasnt from your show!
"youre not a red!" well up yours too Akaranger!

and i think we discussed the pizzasukiyaki thing when TVN was still doing subs right?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:45 pm and i think we discussed the pizzasukiyaki thing when TVN was still doing subs right?
DId we? I don't remember it from the TV series
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I translated the recipe for you!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://www.tvnihon.com/node/4283

ooh. I thought that was for the movie
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This is one of those few instances where I think it's better that we're seeing the movie months after it premiered. Toei put out this movie way too early; I get that they were trying to replicate their success on Kiramager Episode 0, but it works a whole lot better as an episode side part-way into Zenkaiger than it does as a prequel.

Past that, it's not bad? And I'm not grading that on a curve for Zenkaiger, it's just straight-up decent. Which is a lot better than what Zenkaiger normally pulls off.

The biggest improvement here is that the Zenakigers aren't trying to be their own comic relief all the time. Since this is a big-screen, action-focused movie, there's much less need for comic relief, and the Zenkaigers are all the better for it. This is the most we've ever seen them just be the big damn heroes.

Past that, having all of the reds show up was pretty much one big tease. I wasn't expecting 199 Heroes here, but I'm surprised how far they stretched the truth for what's essentially a glorified cameo. It's not a problem at the moment, but if Toei wants to do any further anniversary works, this is going to undermine those movies.

On a side note, I wonder if there was any kind of significance to the people that the Zenkaigers rescued in the initial fight? This would be a really good time to sneak in cameos for the bots' voice actors.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

midorininger wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:45 pmContinuity Error! Kyuemon is a good GUY now! as Midoninger! he/she has been redeemed! and also, Kyuemon ... Saybai bye wasnt from your show!
I'm sorry but I have to deny it's a continuity error.

As a guy who've watched Gokaiger, Ninninger and Jyuohger, I don't honestly think it's the real Izayoi Kyuemon. Same thing for Basco, Bang Rey and many other villains since they're some kind of dummy, reborn from Warumono's power (and possibly from their worlds).

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:30 am On a side note, I wonder if there was any kind of significance to the people that the Zenkaigers rescued in the initial fight? This would be a really good time to sneak in cameos for the bots' voice actors.
Maybe they're TOei staff? Why pay for extras during Covid times when you have people on set anyway
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I expected Akaranger's actor to be shot in front of a green screen, but what I didn't know is that they actually made it seem like he really was there in the natural environment
I thought it would've been something like the Gokaiger thing, where a picture of someone's transformed form appeared over their face (forgot what it's called)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:17 am
ViRGE wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:30 am On a side note, I wonder if there was any kind of significance to the people that the Zenkaigers rescued in the initial fight? This would be a really good time to sneak in cameos for the bots' voice actors.
Maybe they're TOei staff? Why pay for extras during Covid times when you have people on set anyway
Could be. Or they could just be random extras all along. I'm just pondering things; it seemed like they setup Gaon, Vroom, and Magine to rescue some rather specific people.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

DaVinci030 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:36 am
midorininger wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:45 pmContinuity Error! Kyuemon is a good GUY now! as Midoninger! he/she has been redeemed! and also, Kyuemon ... Saybai bye wasnt from your show!
I'm sorry but I have to deny it's a continuity error.

As a guy who've watched Gokaiger, Ninninger and Jyuohger, I don't honestly think it's the real Izayoi Kyuemon. Same thing for Basco, Bang Rey and many other villains since they're some kind of dummy, reborn from Warumono's power (and possibly from their worlds).
good point. speaking of basco ... remember all the hype when there were rumors of sally being seen on the set, and people were hoping the Gokaiger would be involved? of coarse now were getting 10 Gokaiger. and i must says when my super sentai play list gets to their opening, i get excited for whats to come.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I liked the movie. I don't if I agree if it was better shown before the show (as the moviegoers got) or after (like us), but it was fun as summer movies go (which I THINK was Toei's intention since we're Superhero Senki in the summer instead). I personally like the goofy Zenkaiger in the show but it's hard to dismiss the more even mix here (that said, some of the goofy stuff can get dark; the love episode was kinda brutal when things went south).
DaVinci030 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:42 am For me, it's not a good anniversary movie without the screen time of red dudes fighting the remaining villains.
I thought the villains saved the anniversary aspect but, yes, huge waste of all the Reds.

Still better than the Ryusoulger movie.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”