Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 41 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

3.89 / 5 stars (9 votes)

Storious has gained the power of... being emo. Please stop using that ridiculous voice...

Okay, wasn't expecting Desast to become a Rider. He's almost a non-character... Is this cool... or just a cost saving method

You can put makeup on Storious, but can't be bothered to alter his suit to make him look powered-up

Are we ever going to find out about Touma's parents or why he hangs out with that Kento kid? Why's Touma the Saber Jesus? I really wish Touma had more interesting virtues besides being the bland main protagonist that means well.

Ren's questions are kind of reasonable here

Whoa, Touma's kind of nonplussed by a whole mountain disappearing

Did Desast have a specialty attack? As someone who's seen this whole series, it feels like that's something I should know

Not a bad episode for being kind of expositiony. Feels a bit "whoops we need filler, let's make Desast and Ren characters". Still, probably better than Desast just appearing to do whatever the plot needs to have happen and Ren shouting about wanting to be strong. Just not that much better
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 41 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

I don't know if it's only me, but I feel I skipped one episode.

Storius became a new character entirely, say what you want about Kuroto, but at least his transition to a maniac had more than one episode.

I don't recall Ren knowing that Touma is going to dissapear.

Maybe Touma doesn't care about the mountain since he can make it reappear with Xross Saber's powers

Probably Desast's special attack was featured in a fight, but we've seen him fight like four times at most I think (five with this one), so it's not something that it's fresh in my memory. IIRC the times Desast fought were Kenzan's debut, when they started hanging out, when Buster recovered Storm Eagle and when they fought Sabela.

I agree with you, I don't feel any kind of growth from Touma, were his parents part of Logos? If they were, are they dead? How did he spent his childhood after his two best friends disappear? I normally don't care, but that moment being so important to the plot and not being talked enough, it's weird. It feels that he became an adult the instant he received Brave Dragon.

Ren and Desast have a similar story, I remember Desat saying that they were similar in some way, but it's never addressed. At the time I thought that Ren was going to become a Megido, but they pretty much just copy-pasted the Hell Brothers story line from Kabuto and called it a day.

I feel the way this show is written goes something like this:
-What do we do with these character?
-Let's set up a story line and pretend we developed it, maybe we get the Mandela effect and the audience will think we developed them

Either that, or they're are keeping all of that to V-Cinemas or Sword of Logos Saga

So far, good episode. We finally know the origins of everyone, they explain why the other two Megido were smiling, they were freed from Storius influence. We get an adult Luna! The only problem is that the inconsistencies tend to overshadow a good episode.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

At this point evil momotaro is going to be the final boss. I just have to say that you must find someone that looks at you like Kento looks at Touma in this episode xD.
Spoiler
At least Tassel is getting bodied the next episode! :mrgreen:
Final Vent!
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

how many eps are left?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sinkuu wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:42 pm how many eps are left?
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rid ... Chronology
If REvice starts in September, there will be 50 episodes if uninterrupted. But I think people've already confirmed some weeks will be skipped for the Olympics which run from Friday July 23 to Sunday August 8th. So potentially the 25th, 1st, and 8th could be affected
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i feel we've seen desast fight earlier on. and Storius has been pulling the strings since the start, but has taken a back seat when the traitor swordsman and southern base drama began but he has been seen more than a handful of times talking with logos and has even been in the southern base, which he can freely enter or exit.

Desast using the Pheonix blade was a nice twist actually, and he made it seem like he has regeneration powers. i am curious what storius intends to do with the megid wonder ride books... but yeah Storius has always been the main foe.
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

Kurow wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:58 pm At this point evil momotaro is going to be the final boss.
That would be, from a literary stand point, the climax from start to finish. As long as he is in Sword Form. xD
Sinkuu wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:42 pm how many eps are left?
Here's what I found regarding the schedule and the Olympics: http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds- ... -this-july

I don't know if this count as spoiler, so just in case
Spoiler
You could also calculate how many episodes are left considering that they've wrapped up filming
http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds- ... up-filming

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”