Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 42 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

4.2 / 5 stars (10 votes)

Why is Mei serving food? Does she even still have a job as an editor?

Man, that's so much rice

Kento is such a good looking guy

What is Mei pouring on Daishinji's riceball?

Sorry but none of this stuff with Storius and Viktor works for me. These two are barely characters

It feels like they're developing Ren and Desast, but these two still feel pretty superficial

What? Is this episode out of order? Before the commercial break, Desast attacks Touma. But after the cm break, Touma is just standing there then Storious shows up. What? I don't remember ever being this confused before

Ooh, here's where Desast appeared. Did the editor for this episode fuck up? The video editing has been pretty sloppy these last few years, but this is the most blatant example of that

Wow, Mei sure ate shit in front of Luna

Why the fuck are we seeing flashbacks to Ren and Desast conversatiosn in the same episode we heard them...

Touma cuts a big hole in Desast, then gets surprised to see a big hole in Desast... What were you expecting?!

The shot of the city with the many rings is cool though

What are we looking at in the last shot?
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 42 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

Considering her only job is to receive Touma's stories and deliver them to the office, I don't think Mei cares a lot about her job. It seems that in Saber universe there's no such thing as email.

Too late to develop the characters now, especially since one of them is trying so hard to sound evil he sounds like a small child. Please Storius, stop!

Desast is supposedly able to regenerate, keeping those wounds means that he's dying, kind of similar to the Greeed.

The onigiri sketch was fantastic, the reactions of everyone were flawless, but is it really the time for this? I'm not against playful moments in Kamen Rider, but I thought we were on a world ending crisis. Just think about it, if that didn't happen Tassel would be at most just injured, saved in the last moment by Yuuri. Last week we had Touma acting calm that a whole mountain disappeared, now no one talks about the barrier between the two worlds being broken. These characters take apocalypses too chill.

That edit was atrocious, two whole minutes for Desast to appear. Did no one see this during the editing? I know there must be a cliffhanger before the CM break, but Storius' entrance could get the job done.

I liked the black and white editing on Ren and Desast, but they're barely touched in terms of development that just looks cool, but it doesn't move any emotions in me.

I hope these rough cuts are due to the Olympics taking a lot of programming slots and it gets better towards the end.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

at this point, they're developing desast so much I'm willing to put money on him taking touma's place at the last second and touma not getting a gaim ending.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

when Mei is telling Luna about Touma, she explains he is working on the sequel to his last best seller, which he hasnt written yet. so no mei has nothing to do since she is touma's editor. although at first they played her more off like she was his agent. i have to wonder how much he makes off his bookstore which never seems to get any business ....

its hard to tell where they are gong with this story, but its clear Storius needs/wants Desast to die so he can collect the page he has of the book storius is completing. or something ... i kind of feel like Storius and Viktor has been plot elements that were right in front of us the whole time, but they either didnt:
A: drop hints to who they were at all or very well to have build up to this point.
B: didnt know what to do with either, so just wrote them in.
i almost wonder if they had these things in mind for the character when developed and planned all along to use them this way but just back burnered it for too long now its like "oops! well here it is anyways lol!"
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

I totally forgot that Mei was some sort of agent. Although, I don't think that's a big issue, I feel they wanted to do something with that, since there's been a scene of Mei in the office in the opening from the beginning, but Covid may have complicated matters. It's a similar story with the bookstore, Maybe there are no customers because of the pandemic or it's too late to pretend that's an issue. Even so, I feel Touma would be the kind of character that would just give them for free if a kid is interested.

Regarding how the characters were developed, I feel that Saber has a better structure, the show has been about the Great Book all the time, meanwhile Ghost started about legendary historical figures with elements of fantasy and ended up about parallel worlds and sci-fi. So I think they had all this in plan, but they never knew how to get everything in between the first and last episode.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”